4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

helllpppppppppp

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 PM
100% chingon

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax

I am not one to shy away from answering questions in person. I am not a tough guy, but I am honest. Going almost 30 miles over the speed limit is excessive...
Maybe in your neigbourhood. Here in Monterrey people drive faster than bullets. I do 70 on my way in to the school and people pass me. The pizza delivery boys are doing 65...
Old 04-30-2006, 12:07 AM
kormax97

Originally Posted by clive
Maybe in your neigbourhood. Here in Monterrey people drive faster than bullets. I do 70 on my way in to the school and people pass me. The pizza delivery boys are doing 65...
Your in Mexico... I'm in Monterrey often, and one time I paid the cop 200 pesos (about 20 bucks in US) and he let me go and I didn't have license nor registration.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by clive

Well things are a little different in Mexico. In Tijuana people will honk at you if they are behind you at a red light. I guess they think it just means to slow down .

Here in San Diego poeple speed as well. I know many people do it, but if you are going that much over the limit around here, don't be surpised when you attract unwanted attention.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

NO F-ING COMMENT!!! about anythin...it was just bad luck for cleanmax.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:10 PM

Plead mental incompetence; sounds like you'd qualify!
Old 05-01-2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by cleanmax
Does anyone know of things that can get a speeding ticket thrown out or reduced. This happened in HALL COUNTY and was doing 74 in a 45. need to k now reason that can get rid of this ticket there were some things that i though might get it reduced. It was night time and i turned onto friendship rd, which had no posted speed limit, it was on a downhill slope and the office was sitting about 100 yards right after the county change. also the officer was sitting in the turning lane of a neighborhood and was not visible, i dont know if that could have anything to do with safety because someone turning into the neighborhood might not have seen him. i would figure that when entering a new county they would have a speed limit posted, guys have any suggestions.

well it just sux for you cuz u were going 30 mph over the speed limit. if its ur 1st offense you might be able to get out of it with a small fine. i highly doubt ur gonna get out of it without paying some money or have a strike on ur liscence.
id either get a lawyer or when you go in front of the prosecuter at court tell him ull do as much community service as you can if he drops it.
otherwise u need to plead not guilty and:
1. prove the radar the cop was using was not correctly calibrated
2. prove the cop was wrong or lying
if you plead not guilty and the cop shows up in court ur screwed.
the best thing to do is pay the ticket out right (well in ct if you do this it doesnt go against ur insurance)
or plead not guilty on the ticket. then when u get ur court date, the prosecuter will do somthing called plea-bargaining where he will drop ur ticket, which im guessing is over $200, to about 30 bucks. but u might be in a bad situation cuz 30mph over the speed limit might be considered reckless driving.
good luck
Old 05-01-2006, 12:04 PM
100% chingon

Originally Posted by kormax97
Your in Mexico... I'm in Monterrey often, and one time I paid the cop 200 pesos (about 20 bucks in US) and he let me go and I didn't have license nor registration.
Yeah that sounds just about right!
One of the reasons I like living here.
We have a definition of a microsecond: it's the time between the lights turning green, and the guy behind you blowing the horn for you to get the F- outta the way.
I got radared in Texas, by one of those retard state troopers, doing 78 on the state freeway at night (stupid 65 at night, Texans must be night blind I assume), had to go to the lame comedy driving school.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:47 PM

I got cought doing 120 in a 75. I got a lawyer and paid the fees. The end.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Did they take you for a little ride to the station?
Old 05-01-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
Did they take you for a little ride to the station?
Nope I was very very lucky I didnt go to jail.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:05 PM

Lucky is good .