4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

This is maxima.org. Not honda.org.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 08:46 AM
brad kay

Originally Posted by incognito903
well blackmax sorry for making an opinion poll about 9007 headlight bulbs. i guess it is unreasonable to ask others about their experiences with some things. not only that, i looked for some time and couldnt find any real compilation on the topic, just assorted commentary interspersed with other topic threads. all i wanted to know was which pair come the most favored by people who do know what they are doing and have the time to try out alot of different things. yes, i have just recently gained access to the max and yes, i dont know as many specifics about this car as others but i do read the stickies a lot. im only saying something because it would seem i was specifically refered to in post #1. i can understand your frustration with people who dont take the time to look at stickies or down the threads to around 4 or 5 months back (without search, i find myself doing this a lot) to find information about something or if someone had already asked the question that didnt show up in the stickies. you complain about stupid questions, but like many people already said there are always people who are new. are 2nd graders "stupid" because they dont know calculus and you do? would a surgeon call you "stupid" because you cant remove someones prostate (a frequent surgery) and he and other doctors can? relativistically speaking, theres most always "stupid" people and some with more knowledge than others on any given issue. to a degree, you are correct, blackmaxx, but consider a more general picture of what it is this forum is composed before you get so upset.
theres a difference between stupid and ignorant. i say if you really want to know things. donate freaking $20. if you don't have $20 bucks to donate you shouldn't be modding your car, or maybe even driving a car. theres an unimaginable amount of information that is 2 clicks away if you search on most topics. at that point if there is not, search again because you probably did it wrong. if you can't find anything then post a thread.

if you walked into a library you would go do a search for the books that pertained to your subject, not ask an author (aka the guys on here who know their stuff) to write a new book for you. Get it?

Old 04-30-2006, 08:49 AM
no more maxima...

Most of the innovators that had a 4th gen, have since sold theirs and moved to bigger and better things. The 4th gen forum is now full of guys who could barely afford beat up, used copies, and just know about rice and 20" wheels, thats it. It is pathetic, and that is why I am hardly on this forum anymore. F'uck anyone that says otherwise.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by kingrukus
Most of the innovators that had a 4th gen, have since sold theirs and moved to bigger and better things. The 4th gen forum is now full of guys who could barely afford beat up, used copies, and just know about rice and 20" wheels, thats it. It is pathetic, and that is why I am hardly on this forum anymore. F'uck anyone that says otherwise.

Donate $20 bucks, come to the OT forum, and post an intro thread about yourself
Old 04-30-2006, 08:53 AM

ouch.... sad but true
Old 04-30-2006, 09:01 AM

If everyone had the search feature almost all the stupid questions that are answered once a month would be eliminated. They could have reg search and advanced search for donating members.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
Its like las vegas when you see me at night

Holy Crap! LOLS!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:13 AM
blah

I think one problem is the way the stickies are organized. There's a lot of info in there and it's difficult to go through it all being that a large portion of it is randomly put together. Having maxima.org enable the search feature for everyone will reduce the redundant posts by at least 60%.

My rant: what's with all the honda hatred? Must honda's always put down when the topic of cars be brought up. I see more riced out maxima's than honda's now. Now they come with bulbs with more colors than my fruit loop cereal and have fart cans that can fit basketball's in them, altezza's galore, and more stickers than a nascar race.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Batxel
I think one problem is the way the stickies are organized. There's a lot of info in there and it's difficult to go through it all being that a large portion of it is randomly put together. Having maxima.org enable the search feature for everyone will reduce the redundant posts by at least 60%.

My rant: what's with all the honda hatred? Must honda's always put down when the topic of cars be brought up. I see more riced out maxima's than honda's now. Now they come with bulbs with more colors than my fruit loop cereal and have fart cans that can fit basketball's in them, altezza's galore, and more stickers than a nascar race.
I agree, at least most hondas now adays are pretty quick and done up well. Dam maximas are so ricey now adays...
Old 04-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tim96I30t
If everyone had the search feature almost all the stupid questions that are answered once a month would be eliminated. They could have reg search and advanced search for donating members.
That $20 from members is the major source of revenue for this site, I can't see them ever giving that up.
And IMO, alot of these people are just too lazy to look info up in the stickies, they want to be waited on just like their mom's do for them.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
I agree, at least most hondas now adays are pretty quick and done up well. Dam maximas are so ricey now adays...

We all start somewhere. Don't think I don't remember what yours looked like back in the day
Old 04-30-2006, 09:35 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by JwaxMax99
That $20 from members is the major source of revenue for this site, I can't see them ever giving that up.
And IMO, alot of these people are just too lazy to look info up in the stickies, they want to be waited on just like their mom's do for them.

Incorrect. Websites cost money to run, and I don't see 20+ members donating per month. Sprint eats a lot of the expense to bring the org back from the dead.

We've had the same problem BEFORE the search function was a donating member function. Sprint made it limited not to make revenue, but to make the site quicker and faster. If you were here back in the days before the site shut down for months (and before he took over) you would understand how slow the site was. For a while it seemed as if the org was going to be shut down.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The younger generation of kids can now purchase a 4th gen because its so cheap. They see **** on tv, like the colorful color of blue surronding their cars, etc. The rice mod bugtakes heed. It only gets worse.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:21 AM

Ok well I guess no one should ask anymore question on here then. YOu should search and if you cant find it then on well, because it may afend some one to. So everyone should no everything already just like the guys on here did when they first started. they knew it all aready.

ANd i should have not started the thread "lets see you headlights" I should have know it already what every single type of head light looked like and the ones that are just being showed that people are working on now. I should have knew what they looked like before they made them.

You know what ***** all yall son of a bithces
Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
Incorrect. Websites cost money to run, and I don't see 20+ members donating per month. Sprint eats a lot of the expense to bring the org back from the dead.

We've had the same problem BEFORE the search function was a donating member function. Sprint made it limited not to make revenue, but to make the site quicker and faster. If you were here back in the days before the site shut down for months (and before he took over) you would understand how slow the site was. For a while it seemed as if the org was going to be shut down.
I am actually going to make another donation because I undertand this. I myself have saved a good amount of money by the great advice, and information I have gathered here. Making another doantion is the least I can do....
Old 04-30-2006, 10:24 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The younger generation of kids can now purchase a 4th gen because its so cheap. They see **** on tv, like the colorful color of blue surronding their cars, etc. The rice mod bugtakes heed. It only gets worse.
hell if you dont like it spend your money and go get a 6th gen if the 4th gens are so cheap now
Old 04-30-2006, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 93turbo gxe
Ok well I guess no one should ask anymore question on here then. YOu should search and if you cant find it then on well, because it may afend some one to.

If you donated the money to be able to search, and still have not found enough information regarding your topic, post away. I see nothing wrong with this...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Always sunny in philly

Ok well I guess no one should ask anymore question on here then. YOu should search and if you cant find it then on well, because it may afend some one to. So everyone should no everything already just like the guys on here did when they first started. they knew it all aready.

ANd i should have not started the thread "lets see you headlights" I should have know it already what every single type of head light looked like and the ones that are just being showed that people are working on now. I should have knew what they looked like before they made them.

You know what ***** all yall son of a bithces

if you are unable to donate $20, then there is a free search link lying around here somewhere. Nobody is stating that you need to know everything.

Breathe...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Always sunny in philly

hell if you dont like it spend your money and go get a 6th gen if the 4th gens are so cheap now

You made no sense in this post. Go re-read, comprehend what I said, then ninja-edit your post.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by 1996blackmax
I am actually going to make another donation because I undertand this. I myself have saved a good amount of money by the great advice, and information I have gathered here. Making another doantion is the least I can do....

It seems as if only the more "tenored" members of the org understand this concept. The org is FULL of good information. Most of the answers are even only a few pages away since there are many repeat threads. Most take it for granted and b!tch and moan about the search function.

This is exactly what I expect from a good member like yourself.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:32 AM

You made no sense in this post. Go re-read, comprehend what I said, then ninja-edit your post.
like I said go spend your money> if you think oh the 4th gen are so cheap now becasue a lot of people can get them now. Ninja edit that!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Always sunny in philly

like I said go spend your money> if you think oh the 4th gen are so cheap now becasue a lot of people can get them now. Ninja edit that!

I'm not sure what you're getting at. If I hurt your feelings, let me apologize in advance.

What I'm trying to imply is that there is a large fluctuation of noobs on the site because of the age bracket. 4th gens (95-99) are 10+ years old. As cars become older, they decrease in value. If they decrease in value, the starting age bracket is 16 years old.

My statement was just implying this...it had no merit towards you
Old 04-30-2006, 10:47 AM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Well put, Q, I know what you were getting at...

I think the real problem stems from the fact that indeed the majority of 4th gen owners are quite young and inexperienced, and do not have the gall to innovate. This in turn, furstrates the innovators and the vets in that they see that their beloved 4th gen is essentially losing its ground to a newer, less favorable demographic.

In shall happen in due time to the 5th gen...
Old 04-30-2006, 10:56 AM

Just the way things go........

I am still happy with the car itself though .
Old 04-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Well put, Q, I know what you were getting at...

I think the real problem stems from the fact that indeed the majority of 4th gen owners are quite young and inexperienced, and do not have the gall to innovate. This in turn, furstrates the innovators and the vets in that they see that their beloved 4th gen is essentially losing its ground to a newer, less favorable demographic.

In shall happen in due time to the 5th gen...

That's what I meant to say. =)
Old 04-30-2006, 12:57 PM

Ok I see. No harm meant. Im happy with my 4th gen and plan to turbo it soon. Ill fab my own kit though. I have one of the few Turbo 3rd gen . and second fast on the 3rd gen board for now.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Important Poll

:attention

I hate to interrupt this thread but I would like to ask what your favorite interior scent is at the local car wash?

I hear lavender adds 30 HP to forced inducted cars and rose petal makes the car a real chick magnet!!

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you had more important car facts to discuss!! I forgot this was a forum for serious Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

See, the stance you are coming from is very respectable.
I actually read through that thread, it wasn't worthless by any means.
I just threw out headlights because it's a common mod for ricers.... Not really picking out threads about them....
It's the stupid threads that other .org's have already mentioned that urk me.
But I guess posting this thread was a mistake... but oh well, makes for some good reading!
Originally Posted by incognito903
well blackmax sorry for making an opinion poll about 9007 headlight bulbs. i guess it is unreasonable to ask others about their experiences with some things. not only that, i looked for some time and couldnt find any real compilation on the topic, just assorted commentary interspersed with other topic threads. all i wanted to know was which pair come the most favored by people who do know what they are doing and have the time to try out alot of different things. yes, i have just recently gained access to the max and yes, i dont know as many specifics about this car as others but i do read the stickies a lot. im only saying something because it would seem i was specifically refered to in post #1. i can understand your frustration with people who dont take the time to look at stickies or down the threads to around 4 or 5 months back (without search, i find myself doing this a lot) to find information about something or if someone had already asked the question that didnt show up in the stickies. you complain about stupid questions, but like many people already said there are always people who are new. are 2nd graders "stupid" because they dont know calculus and you do? would a surgeon call you "stupid" because you cant remove someones prostate (a frequent surgery) and he and other doctors can? relativistically speaking, theres most always "stupid" people and some with more knowledge than others on any given issue. to a degree, you are correct, blackmaxx, but consider a more general picture of what it is this forum is composed before you get so upset.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Ichiban King

all I know is I've only been here since january and I'm already tired of reading dumb ****. Sure I've asked some dumbass questions and made some dumb comments but I've only been told once or maybe twice to look at the stickies for an answer and from then on I read them before consulting the guys that've been here for a long while. Thing is I was so obcessed with reading stuff int he stickes and looking at what I should do with my car that I burnt myself out, I used to stay up until 3am reading posts and **** on here and the funny thing is I have a life.. Just dont let yourself get consumed thats all I'mn saying and respect the ppl who know their stuff on here. Oh yeah dont be like me 400 posts and he's already done with the forum practically.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:02 PM
on this site too damn much

now every thread im reading says "I know I'm a noob" or "Please don't bash me"..haha....everyone needs to relax and stop being girls over stupid $hit....i know i've learned some good info from peoples "supposed" dumb threads and the fact that some topics get asked over and over again...my .02
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Keep it clean.

The point here is that, as it has been said, many of the 4th gen innovators have moved on and either no longer own a 4th gen, no longer visit the 4th gen forum, or no longer do either. It is also true that many guys who are qurrent 4th gen owners are new to car ownership. Yes, I said it- they are new to cars. Reason? Cheaper prices (as has been said). What this does it lead to a lower overall competency level amonst owners, a lower rate of helpful and/or insightful input by owners, and a higher frequency of "n00b" questions. This is partially because, though they are most likely not new to the inturweb, they may be new to car forums, car ownership, and the basics of both.

While is sucks donkeyballs for those members who do know more, do come here for new information, and who do get tired of repeating themselves, it is unfortunately, life.

Even as a moderator of the 4th gen forum (who has not owned a 4th gen in over a year and a half), I get tired of moderating these types of posts and just let them run rampant.

Moral of the story? This behavior is here to stay. We all have to deal with it or move on.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 PM

All I got to say is if everyone on the site read the stickys this site would be a much better place.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 PM

This guy is right, I bought my car for $3500.....

Of course it runs great but has some minor issues as well as all 11 year old cars so when I ask a question and I get no responses then I can understand that maybe it's a idiotic question to the more experienced maxima owners on here but I really don't take internet people seriously to start throwing slander around, this is cyberspace to me, nothing more, nothing less.

Once I get the money to upgrade, I will to bigger and better things....

But I do understand the post starter even though I don't know how my car will run with 87 gas in it.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:59 PM

Everyone has to start somewhere. It all comes with experience. If there hadn't been someone there to teach you, you would be a newb too. I've been here longer than most of you, there has always been new people and will continue to be. Everyone was a newb at one time.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Project Ruby......

While it is annoying to see several of the same threads. Must agree with phatmax, everyone has to start somewhere.

But the trend seems to be right now with these newbs. Education/English.

Have we ever heard of the return key or enter as it is known on the keyboard?? It comes in handy and it helps create things like PARAGRAPHS.

Jeebus my eyezors hurt!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by phatmax95
Everyone has to start somewhere. It all comes with experience. If there hadn't been someone there to teach you, you would be a newb too. I've been here longer than most of you, there has always been new people and will continue to be. Everyone was a newb at one time.

Correct you are, but as a new guy on here I also took the time to look for the information first.

I mainly hang out in the audio forum, but I still like to peek in here sometimes. I am more than happy to try to help, people did the same for me, but people should also try a little as well.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:45 AM

I love this site it has helped me out a lot from the stickies, to comments on my threads and to direct help from .Org memebers like Maxgtr2000. I have saved time and money on fixing and modding my car. I have learned how to do a lot of stuff myself that i didnt think i could. I agree with everyone that reading the stickies is the best thing to do. After my suspension is complete i plan to add FI to my car, i have already started reading the stickies and have learned more from them than almost anything else i have read. I plan on doing my homework first before i post because i know those guys take there stuff seriously and probably get stupid questions all the time. All in all this site is great and the people hear are great (in fact i actually got repremanded for being on this site at work).

As for the newbs, i agree this is a problem but these is no reall solution to the problem. This may work though, the site admins could designate certain people to track down threads that have questions with answers in the stickies, these people could then track the right link, post it on the thread and then close it. This would serve a dual purpose 1.) it would show the newbs that they need to do some work themselves before posting so-called stupid questions. 2.) It would cut back on pointless flamming and this e-thug (someone explain what this is anyway im at a loss). What do you all think? This would require some work but id be more than willing to volunteer my time to patrol the 4th-gen thread.

B
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM

I understand that what Blackmax said is one way to vent out (and to a certain extent healthy). But I believe that no matter where you go or what you do, there will always be someone asking a dumb question, or doing something utterly stupid. It doesn't just limit itself to this website. Because lets face it, there are ALOT of stupid people out there. But, no one has gone without doing/asking something stupid in this lifetime what separates the peeps from the tards is that the later doesn't learn and will go on to repeat the folly again. Best thing we can all do is stand aside point and laugh
Old 05-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I can't understand the type of person that get's all pissed off because a bunch of people are asking what to him might feel like a bunch of dumb questions. Get off your high horse. Don't think for a minute that you are so important to the community that it is your god given responsibility to read and reply to every thread. You just mind your own business and let those who want to be helpful respond to those posts.

I don't care how many times a subject is brought back up, there is always something new that can be learned. Maybe not by your lordship the master of all maxima's, but there are people who learn something new from subjects that have been brought back from the dead. The phrase "The only stupid question is a question never asked" comes to mind. In my experience boards start dying out because those who have been around for a long time start flaming at newbies because they didn't do enough "research" or some other stupid thing. By yelling at newbies you are only making the demise of this board come sooner.

Regarding the demographics of this board it is true that they are changing because the cars are getting cheaper. However it isn't all young kids that are buying the 4th gen maximas (not that anyone was implying such a thing). I have owned a 3rd gen maxima for 8 or 9 years now. I needed a car for the wife that was reliable and that I could afford. Making 2Lt wages in the Air Force, a mortgage on a house and a kid on the way there wasn't a whole lot of cash to go around for another car. I bought the 96 SE because it was within my budget. I would bet there are a lot of people like me that are moving up from the 3rd gen because the 4th gen price was just right.

To those of you who like to get into a pissing contest to see who know's more about their cars and who can do what and who is certified in what. Grow up, that stuff is gradeschool playground stuff. If you can't accept the fact that there might be people who know more then you but only have a few posts under their belt then you obviously haven't made it very far in the maturity department.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
i'm scured of the e-thug
no its spelled sccurrred.. jeesh get it right
Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by ajcool2
All I got to say is if everyone on the site read the stickys this site would be a much better place.
same thing i was gonna say but just my .02
Old 05-01-2006, 01:31 PM

i have to agree. theres a lack of sufficient info for noobs or stupid but difficult questions. a few more guides and walkthroughs would help honestly.

and whats with poeple being flamed for asking an honest question. it seems everyones so hostile about everything.... like if the reader doesnt gain something from the post, its the thread makers fault and they should be flamed and insulted.

most forums would have people for alot of the flaming i see here. its sad. grow up, and learn to work with people who dont know everything you know and cant learn it when its not in the guides and they cant search the forum!

Quick Reply: This is maxima.org. Not honda.org.......