4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

This is maxima.org. Not honda.org.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by HallKemar
For those people who get mad at people on this forum because they feel they are disrespectful or ignorant....I have one thing to say...

GET A F*****ING LIFE

If you are tired of people posting stupid threads(theres no such thing), DONT OPEN THE THREAD...

Its that simple...

For you ladies that are mad that you guys are seing repetitive posts, DONT OPEN THEM...How hard is it to not open a thread? Please tell me...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Old enuf to pick his own gears

Originally Posted by DanMaxima
I've been on both sides of the "newbie sub-forum" myself. Take Linux for example. Most of my posts in Linux forums are by far in the dedicated newbie secions. I often enjoy being the newbie instructor though when it comes to overclocking, watercooling, and silent computing. A newbie sub-forum can indeed work, and does in every instance that I've seen it. But then, those sites are much more, hum, professional in their demeanor. I never see threads of some guy whining about newbie threads...
So... don't those last two lines mean that your suggestion is invalid, and imply that we should focus on the participants in the forums rather than the forums themselves?

The Maxima enthusiast community isn't even remotely comparable in size to the Linux community. The sheer volume of knowledge and the range of people is on a different scale as well. The subject matter is of a totally different nature. And, most of all, with Linux it's much more obvious when you don't have the info you need. You just don't have the same prevalence of phenomena like people seeing an AWD conversion on a Jetta and thinking they could do the same on a Maxima, for example. Besides, with Linux, a lot of the time you can just try stuff and see if it works, without too much risk or financial pressure. That is clearly not the case with a car.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 AM
still brewin'

Any & everybody can search this forum. Just use your search engine of choice or even the search button on IE or Netscape or whichever browser you use. Type in your topic followed by maxima.org forums. Viola. Example: "HID maxima.org forums". Granted it may not be as comprehensive as the search function on this site but it works damn fine. The 5th gen forum is my home but I visit here also because of the simillarities between the two gens. It's rediculous that a thread started in the morning will be at the bottom if not the next page by the evening. Why? Noobs or non-donating members that come upon something new with their vehicle. Solution: REEEEEAAAAAADDDDDD. See those 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc... at the top and bottom of the thread list? click them. Or use the aforementioned search. Hope I have helped someone!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Originally Posted by tedo007
does anybody have a good idea for this to stop??
free search would help
Old 05-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

lock this stupid thread already, what a waste of time
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 PM

Then why are you wasting your time posting in it?

Yes, there is a lot of BS, but people are sharing important opinions about how the forums should be run, and a few have already said their opinions are changing from reading this thread. There is a lot to be gained, if only in terms of perspective for some people coming in.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:31 PM

i have to say that there are some good and bad points being made here. but the main thing to focus on to fix ont only the 4th gen forum but the org as well is COMMON SENSE! if the new members would JUST READ the faq's and follow direstions instead of jumping int 15 post so they can as a dumba$$ question about "which y-pipe?" "which intake?" "whats a fstb?" here is a perfect example. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=462499 there are at least 3 or 4 of these threads a week.

if no one wants to take the time to scan the pages to see if SOMEONE ELSE is having the same problem then i say F**K EM' !! they deserve to get flamed!! if your not smart enough to read the book befor giving a report then i have NO QUARTER FOR YOU!! i will flame you because you should be smarter than that.

now i do understand where the new members have a gripe, but they have brought it all on themselvs. if your new and you READ and ask the right questions then your ok in my book, and i dont mind helping you out and IF I DONT KNOW THEN I'LL POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!.
cause i was a newbie once too. but i was around back when vqpages.com was around. and yes i remember when the site was VERY slow, and when sprint was a **** to everybody, but that was because of all of the newbies asking the SAME THING over and over.'

and i also agree that its going to be a continuing cycle but it can be slowed and even stopped if everyone would just use common sense. and as for the new members who like to dump on people who give them advice , if you know so much why are you here?

Because no one knows as much as a newbie!

thats my rant.

stay for the second show and tip the waitstaff.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by d00df00d
So... don't those last two lines mean that your suggestion is invalid, and imply that we should focus on the participants in the forums rather than the forums themselves?
That was just a friendly jab at the thread poster.

Besides, with Linux, a lot of the time you can just try stuff and see if it works, without too much risk or financial pressure. That is clearly not the case with a car.
I definitly agree with you on that. With a PC I can make an image of it before tinkering and restore it if I blow up the OS lol. But then, I do do a lot of hardware hacking/modding, and that you have to do right the first time or you end up running on backup and perusing hardware vendor sites for parts for a new rig (though there is the graphite/pencil trick... ).

Originally Posted by Blackwind
here is a perfect example. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=462499 there are at least 3 or 4 of these threads a week.
See, that would totally be fine in a newbie sub-forum. The few other guys who already posted the same question that week (lol) can say, "Yeah, I was just working on that, check out these threads...". I don't want to keep pushing a newbie sub-forum, esp. if the managment like others thinks it's a not so bright idea, but partial newbies _can_ help newbie newbies ( I just made up those terms lol) and are often pleased to do so since they are excited about what they just learned. d00df00d is right in pointing out the community here may not be big enough. I really have no clue on that matter. I didn't join until too long ago really.

But that thread above is kind of case in point that it could indeed work here. Look at all the posts, most of not all helpful. Like this response:
Originally Posted by Stagnet04
Welcome to the .org Kevo268. Im still pretty new myself If you ever have a question just go for it, pretty much everyone on the org is down to help...
Anyway, I think I've expressed my attempt for a solution enough. Wouldn't want to keep posting the same thing over and over again like a noob. If you would like me to comment, just include user handle in your post. Otherwise...

DanMaxima. out.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Team Ramrod

For those people who get mad at people on this forum because they feel they are disrespectful or ignorant....I have one thing to say...

GET A F*****ING LIFE

If you are tired of people posting stupid threads(theres no such thing), DONT OPEN THE THREAD...

Its that simple...

For you ladies that are mad that you guys are seing repetitive posts, DONT OPEN THEM...How hard is it to not open a thread? Please tell me...

MAXIMA 4 LIFEEEEEEEEE
You make a point, but it means nothing coming from somebody who starts idiotic threads themself.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:19 PM

thank you!!!! he is exactaly the kind of person my post is directed to.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:55 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Anyone try one of those Ebay speed chips? Do they really work?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:16 PM
HallKemar

thank you!!!! he is exactaly the kind of person my post is directed to.
I'd like to apologize to all the people who post (stupid threads) to learn more about their car...Please accept my apology for wanting to gain wisdom...Please?

Old 05-02-2006, 02:46 PM

if no one wants to take the time to scan the pages to see if SOMEONE ELSE is having the same problem then i say F**K EM' !! they deserve to get flamed!! if your not smart enough to read the book befor giving a report then i have NO QUARTER FOR YOU!! i will flame you because you should be smarter than that.
Then you have no place on this site.

I'll say it again: This site needs MONEY, which means it needs ADVERTISERS, which means it needs TRAFFIC, which means it needs MEMBERS, which means YOU CAN'T BULLY THEM. The instant someone makes you a moderator, you can do as you see fit. Until that day, you are SUBJECT to the rules and have no place MAKING or ENFORCING them.

Why is this so difficult? If you see a thread you don't like, how hard is it to move on?

You won't see any of the crap you hate so much if you just scroll past or don't click on it, nor will you get wrapped up in the stupid discussions if you don't participate. Know what that means? It means that it TAKES EFFORT to expose yourself to that stuff. If you hate it so much, you should really ask yourself how bankrupt your life must be that you would actually spend that effort and get involved in it.

If you REALLY can't stand it for whatever reason, you should contact a moderator right away and express yourself to them. But flaming people actually hurts YOU in the end because it's bad for the site. If you can't see that, read it over and over again until you do. It's pretty straightforward.

Complaining about n00bs on this forum is like complaining about children at a school.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

GET A F*****ING LIFE

Its that simple...

MAXIMA 4 LIFEEEEEEEEE
It wastes bandwidth, thus creating the server load that necessitated withdrawing the search function in the first place. So repeating threads= teh sto0ped.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

FYI:

The next time I log on I am locking this thread. Not that it is out of hand, but this is not a democracy. Doug runs it how he wants. Nothing here will change it. Nice ideas, all, but get it out now. If I see a similar thread pop up(ironic, huh?) I will ban participants.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:33 PM

Old 05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Droppin logs

presumptuous much?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:37 PM

Good lord where are our moderators?? This useless thread should have been closed and locked along time ago...

We were all newbs at one time and as such we asked what experienced users would think of as stupid nonsense. Now for those of us who remember this site was put together to bring Maxima owners together regardless of experience level. If some of our "experienced owners" need a more technical discussion without the newbs then they should start their own board and only accept those whom have an experience level they deem high enough. The other acceptable alternative is to just deal with the realization that this is a Maxima "community" board with every possible level of owner and not an exclusive Maxima modifying board.

We all must keep in mind that the reoccurring newb questions would be reduced if the search was not a pay function, but since it is I implore the newbs to keep on asking questions after they first read the sticky’s and second read the first page or two of post headings for titles which may apply to the question at hand.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 AM

Still not locked yet?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 AM

Moderators!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lock this thread.

Let me sum this up for everyone
The vets hate newbie questions, but don’t have the self control to not open the tread and flame!!!
The newbie cant learn how to search, and want to be spoon fed.
Here is the solution, vets don’t open threads that are below you, and just try, to remember when you were a newbie, and maybe just maybe when you stop answering questions the newbs will be forced to look **** up themselves!

But d00df00d said it best this This site needs MONEY, which means it needs ADVERTISERS, which means it needs TRAFFIC, which means it needs MEMBERS, which means YOU CAN'T BULLY THEM.
So weather the vets like it or not they need newbs just as much the newbs need the vets, so why don’t we all just get along???
Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 AM
the Light is among you

I'll say it again: This site needs MONEY, which means it needs ADVERTISERS, which means it needs TRAFFIC, which means it needs MEMBERS, which means YOU CAN'T BULLY THEM. The instant someone makes you a moderator, you can do as you see fit. Until that day, you are SUBJECT to the rules and have no place MAKING or ENFORCING them.

Why is this so difficult? If you see a thread you don't like, how hard is it to move on?

You won't see any of the crap you hate so much if you just scroll past or don't click on it, nor will you get wrapped up in the stupid discussions if you don't participate. Know what that means? It means that it TAKES EFFORT to expose yourself to that stuff. If you hate it so much, you should really ask yourself how bankrupt your life must be that you would actually spend that effort and get involved in it.

If you REALLY can't stand it for whatever reason, you should contact a moderator right away and express yourself to them. But flaming people actually hurts YOU in the end because it's bad for the site. If you can't see that, read it over and over again until you do. It's pretty straightforward.

Complaining about n00bs on this forum is like complaining about children at a school.

I read the first few posts and skipped to the last page to see where it was going.

Noobs need to be flamed when they post with zero effort to find it elsewhere I guess. But at the same time it is sometimes quicker to just ask the question and hope a veteran knows the answer.

Anyone here ever start building something BEFORE opening the instruction manual?? Many noobs are probably just so excited to have a place like this to get info they want to post right away? Sure, some of the questions are almost intelligence insulting, but how hard is it to give an answer if you have it over flaming the poor bastige??

I also don't understand the cronyism some here display. I guess it's part of the human condition to play favorites or require class warfare of sorts. I thought this site was for MAXIMA enthusiasts to talk about Maxima's, does it require a degree in automechanics to participate?? Should it??

Anyway, good luck to the noobs and the veterans who have to put up with them.

My .02
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 PM

why the fu(k do they lock my thread, on my own car, and change the name form iroc to icroc? But the leave this garbage open, I guess some people on here are just jealous or just____________ i should stop wouldn't want to get banned!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Droppin logs

Saw this one coming a mile away...

In before the
Old 05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

Originally Posted by D-Bo
Saw this one coming a mile away...

In before the

Everyone was new at one point, but some of these threads are just ridiculous. About 60% of the threads on this 4th gen forum can be eliminated, because they're questions that have been asked before, and stickied at the top of the forum. The problem is people don't look before they post.

Also writing like you just learned english yesterday (or writing lyke dis)will open you up for flaming. Perfection isn't expected, but some sort of coherence is.

This forum is getting out of hand with these newbie posts. One thing I like about the .org is it's great amount of information. Before i got my maxima, and joined this forum, I didn't know anything about cars, but little by little, i've done every single mod on my car, and a few others. it's a great source, but a good thread is getting harder and harder to find.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 PM

you missed my point
Old 05-03-2006, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by tavarish
Also writing like you just learned english yesterday (or writing lyke dis)will open you up for flaming. Perfection isn't expected, but some sort of coherence is.

This forum is getting out of hand with these newbie posts. One thing I like about the .org is it's great amount of information. Before i got my maxima, and joined this forum, I didn't know anything about cars, but little by little, i've done every single mod on my car, and a few others. it's a great source, but a good thread is getting harder and harder to find.
You hit a point I totally forgot to mention - punctuation and spelling is key when describing problems. I can't take the time anymore to decipher someone's incoherent paragraphs like I used to.

But you're in the same boat that I'm in. I've learned everything I have from this website, and because of that, I'm the only one that works on my car now. Right now, I wouldn't hesitate about swapping trans or doing a clutch job (even though this car shouldn't need those unless I have much bigger plans than expected.)
Old 05-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Wild for Width

I want to see this thread die.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:57 PM

Old 05-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
free search would help
lmao..
Old 05-03-2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fr33way
I want to see this thread die.

yep
Old 05-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by tavarish
Everyone was new at one point, but some of these threads are just ridiculous. About 60% of the threads on this 4th gen forum can be eliminated, because they're questions that have been asked before, and stickied at the top of the forum. The problem is people don't look before they post.

Oh I agree 100%, my point was once the n00bs saw some vets defending them they were sure to flood in...
Old 05-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by DaEnigma

Good lord where are our moderators?? This useless thread should have been closed and locked along time ago...
I am right here. Did you not read that I was tracking this thread all along? People were respectful and did not flame too much, so I let everyone get it off of their chests for a bit. I checked in once a day and was planning to lock it tonight.

As for those guys who posted IBTL, next time you get a vacation.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by ALSOUSA99MAXIMA
why the fu(k do they lock my thread, on my own car, and change the name form iroc to icroc? But the leave this garbage open, I guess some people on here are just jealous or just____________ i should stop wouldn't want to get banned!!!
Is English your first language?

If you have a problem, PM me about it. I am not going to ban you for asking a legit question.