4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Shumax's altezza / door link install pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 06:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All the files are in http://plaza.ufl.edu/syrinx/shumax/

I can't enclose them since they're above 50k in size. Attachment 1...
Old 06-19-2001, 07:05 PM

I was going to attach them all, but you guys can use UF's bandwidth and keep the .org running that much faster. Click my link in the first post for all the pics. I love that color and the the Type E's... car's looking good. Light beer though? No one's perfect.
Old 06-19-2001, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Old 06-19-2001, 07:07 PM

Thanks A ton!

Many thanks to you

SHUMAX
Old 06-19-2001, 07:16 PM

I think it would have looked better on a silver Max, but if you are happy....
Old 06-19-2001, 08:19 PM

i like them.. i want them.
Old 06-19-2001, 10:17 PM

check out mine, i got one in the sig pic i took some more nice pics today
Old 06-19-2001, 10:26 PM

I really I am begining to like the way those lights look. Yeah sure there played out... but not were I live . It reminds me off a Skylines tails .
Old 06-19-2001, 10:30 PM
MaxxFanatic

?'s for shumax

got to admit,your ride is one of the tighest on this forum,what i want know is where and how much for the altezza's and the side markers you have installed on your ride,also what level of difficulty would you give on the install of both,keep up the good work.

Old 06-19-2001, 10:32 PM

Re: ?'s for shumax

Originally posted by MaxxFanatic
got to admit,your ride is one of the tighest on this forum,what i want know is where and how much for the altezza's and the side markers you have installed on your ride,also what level of difficulty would you give on the install of both,keep up the good work.
Check out the group buy section, Infinite is selling them new for like $224 Shipped.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:16 AM

Attn:MaxxFanatic

First of all; thanks to all of you who commented. Even the ones who didn't care for them---at least you are cool about it!

The side makers (MAXXFANATIC) are not tough to do at all. You need a Dremel which you can get off of EBAY cheap. You need the lights, bulbs, patience and time. I think the total cost for me was like $20 and I got them off of Ebay about 6months ago. This price excludes the price of the Dremel as I already had one. The Altezzas came from Alex at SOUTHWEST MOTOR SPORTS. He threw in Polarg REd bulbs and shipping for $249.00

Altezzas aren't even in my area on Hondas if that gives you any indication where I am at in the world. I might see a car with them once every three months and that's normally when I am in Columbus Ohio. That's why I like mine so much. I really like the contrast with the chrome on my dark car and my Maxima sticker.

If you need more help with the install on the markers, let me know.

SHUMAX
Old 06-20-2001, 06:08 AM

Re: Attn:MaxxFanatic

Originally posted by shumax
First of all; thanks to all of you who commented. Even the ones who didn't care for them---at least you are cool about it!

The side makers (MAXXFANATIC) are not tough to do at all. You need a Dremel which you can get off of EBAY cheap. You need the lights, bulbs, patience and time. I think the total cost for me was like $20 and I got them off of Ebay about 6months ago. This price excludes the price of the Dremel as I already had one. The Altezzas came from Alex at SOUTHWEST MOTOR SPORTS. He threw in Polarg REd bulbs and shipping for $249.00

Altezzas aren't even in my area on Hondas if that gives you any indication where I am at in the world. I might see a car with them once every three months and that's normally when I am in Columbus Ohio. That's why I like mine so much. I really like the contrast with the chrome on my dark car and my Maxima sticker. they look awesome

If you need more help with the install on the markers, let me know.

SHUMAX
i think they look even better with your shaved trunk. i don't care what others say about these lights anything is better then the factory tails. nice job, louis
Old 06-20-2001, 06:32 AM

I want to see if somebody is going to Mod the Altezzas by painting the silver part black, mainly on black Maximas.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:42 AM

I was thinking the same thing as deezo. I think it would look much better if someone would paint the silver part black for a black maxima and maybe it would look more like a Skyline. I think they would look much better installed on a silver maxima. However, Shumax's Altezza's look nice because of the shaved emblems and that nice silver maxima sticker.

I would only buy a set if they came in carbon fibre instead of silver. Where I live (Toronto, Canada) altezza tailights are sooo played out, everywhere you look some ricey honda has them.
Old 06-20-2001, 06:53 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Those look pretty damn good.

I dont like the little plastic logos on your trunklid though.

my .02
Old 06-20-2001, 07:23 AM

emblems/stickers.

Hmmm, I have to agree. The silver MAXIMA sticker was on EBAY for $5 and I hated it at first, but I bought it so I threw it on anyway Now with the silver in the Altezzas, I like it a lot more The GTR sticker is rice and I know it. Yea right...Maxima a GTR, what am I smokin'? BUT, it does have some red in it that goes with the red in the lights. Hey it's a stretch to prove some of the rice isn't real.

I am going to crack mine open later on and put that carbonfiber tape where the chrome is. You can buy it in sheets off of EBAY. I have some and haven't used it. I was surprised with the quality. I will take them apart and measure like crazy and then cut some out and stick it on.

More to come...

SHUMAX
Old 06-20-2001, 09:57 AM

Hey JoesMAX I have an idea that would look really good on your max. When I bought my maxima brand new about 5 years ago, nobody made any custom parts for it. I wanted to have clear turn signals for the front, but they were not out yet. So I came up with the next best thing. I had a body shop take black paint and mix it with clear coat & spray my turn signals. They came out really nice. They look black, but when you turn the signals on they blink amber. Just like the original color. Basicallly they look like your headlight covrs, but they are perminant and they blink bright amber. Since then I have changed over to the clear ones, because my max is white and clears look better then black. But, they would look awesome on your max. Your front end would be all black.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:11 AM
BlkCat

Originally posted by deezo
I want to see if somebody is going to Mod the Altezzas by painting the silver part black, mainly on black Maximas.
Heheheh! I had the same thoughts after looking at those pics!

Old 06-20-2001, 10:36 AM

i was actually thinking about blacking out the bumper lights, but im just gonna leave them the way they are.. they make a paint that you can spray it with a kid i know painted his tails with it and you can stil see the red through it fine, thanks for the help though
Old 06-20-2001, 11:04 AM

Re: emblems/stickers.

Originally posted by shumax
Hmmm, I have to agree. The silver MAXIMA sticker was on EBAY for $5 and I hated it at first, but I bought it so I threw it on anyway Now with the silver in the Altezzas, I like it a lot more The GTR sticker is rice and I know it. Yea right...Maxima a GTR, what am I smokin'? BUT, it does have some red in it that goes with the red in the lights. Hey it's a stretch to prove some of the rice isn't real.

I am going to crack mine open later on and put that carbonfiber tape where the chrome is. You can buy it in sheets off of EBAY. I have some and haven't used it. I was surprised with the quality. I will take them apart and measure like crazy and then cut some out and stick it on.

More to come...

SHUMAX
SHUMAX, I have thought of the same idea to put that carbon fibre film on the silver part. The only thing is that the film might start to come off. What company is the carbon fibre film made by that is sold on ebay? I've seen them made by FoliaTec and Toucan Industries(Ractive). When the '97-'99 Euro's come out, I'll give it a try.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:27 PM

its different.......