4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima in the new Fast and the Furious movie ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by chillin014
i hate to say it but those movies get me kinda inspired too. well maybe not inspired, but i would love to have such a strong car scene around here like that with a bunch of hot *** chicks and ****.
we do have some good meets, no action, but at the meet this last saturday, VERENA MEI was there signing autographs and stuff. dont tell me thats not awesome.
It is inspiring....I'm actually thinking about fixing up my 240 and taking my country butt over to Tokyo and get some hot chicks or as someone put it(airheads) hehehe. I actually thought the movie was pretty good, no corny lines, "I live my life a 1/4 at a time..." more racing = better then part one and 2. It was less talking and more racing. And I spotted the maxima's in the movie to. The drift scenes where good. I would like to see the special features to see how many of the actors knew how to drift b4 the movie and how many didn't even know what drifting was. You know they normally get the ones that don't know anything about it, and let them play the role.
But actually I'm am more excite about fixing up my 240 to drift now. I was going to do it b4 the movie...just makes it more fun now.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:26 PM

one thing that I have been wondering. How can a 350Z keep up with a supposedly "fully modded" evo 8? doesn't seem likely to me, but that is just what I think.

RANT WARNING:

Another thing, as far as I know drifting is nothing new in japan. I believe(correct me if I am wrong) it started on the touge (mountain roads) a while back, and it has until the 90's (again correct me if I am wrong) been an underground thing with pretty much no venues where they could drift. Most of the pioneers in the sport of drifting, as far as I know, honed their skills in these mountain drift time attacks and such. Lastly, to my knowledge, most underground drift races are done around midnight or later on public roads, always trying to stay one step ahead of the cops, not in parking garages.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
brotherhood of tq

well the fmic on the 350z kinda lets u kno its runnin a bit more then 1atm
Old 06-19-2006, 11:05 PM

Haha....before you guys get all gung-ho about fixing your 240 or getting a RWD car to fix it up for drifting, I had a one on one talk with a PD tonight on the way home. It was rather sudden and surprising but I got pulled over going home from seeing the damn movie. I won't get into details but I got off with a warning. Luckily I didn't get pulled over by a CHP. According to this officer, local PD along with CHP are cracking down on modified vehicles and has passed a new law. Anything and he meant ANYTHING, from modified intakes, to exhaust, to even a muffler tip that alters the sound of your car to non-stock sound, carb legal or not, they are IMPOUNDING the car and you are not getting it back! No more fix-it tickets. I'm like WTF!!!! Then he proceeded to say that he is trying to fix up his old BUICK. But now with this new law, he's having serious second thoughts. The officer turned out to be a car enthusiast and seems like a really cool guy. Anyhow, just thought I throw that in for your info.

I'm calming my *** down because I have to admit, since I got the exhaust work done on my car, I have been driving pretty aggressively lately. This sudden encounter with the law kinda woke me up and calmed my *** down.

BTW...........I don't understand why anyone would put a motor from a Silvia into a Mustang fast-back.

OH and another thing............most of the airheads in the movie had no real ***** and ***. Only one chick had the package and the face, the one that could drift.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by DR-Max
BTW...........I don't understand why anyone would put a motor from a Silvia into a Mustang fast-back.
probably for the same reason they would put a smallblock V8 into a 280z
also probably to say they have a turbo mustang.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 PM

That I can see the point. Bigger engine in a smaller car.

Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky
probably for the same reason they would put a smallblock V8 into a 280z
Old 06-20-2006, 01:04 AM

i do beleive that there is no maximas that look like that in tokyo
they all look like the infiniti early model i30s in tokyo
the maxima yall are talking about is the 95-96 US maxima
Old 06-20-2006, 08:32 AM

Yep........ the aqua and white Maximas I saw in the movie are all US Maximas. Even the styling is not all that but it did sport JDM bumper lenses. None of them are SE's either, no tails.

Originally Posted by fatboyslim86440
i do beleive that there is no maximas that look like that in tokyo
they all look like the infiniti early model i30s in tokyo
the maxima yall are talking about is the 95-96 US maxima
Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 AM

I just found out that the Mustang has a 2001 Nissan Skyline RB26 engine in it with a 1998 Nissan Skyline 5 speed, and Magnaflow exhaust. All the cars are running on Toyo Proxies T1R.

Why didn't they just give the kid an R34 Skyline! I am pretty disappointed not seeing one do a drift scene.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Maxima Owner

Originally Posted by Nissan 6
omg maximas are gonna go up in so much value becauise of this movie

:
jus tlike they did when the 1st one came out
Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 AM

I just found out that the Mustang has a 2001 Nissan Skyline RB26 engine in it with a 1998 Nissan Skyline 5 speed, and Magnaflow exhaust. All the cars are running on Toyo Proxies T1R.

Why didn't they just give the kid an R34 Skyline! I am pretty disappointed not seeing one do a drift scene.
SPOILER:

if you saw the movie you'd know that after he trashed the EVO VIII, all the cars he had access to were impounded after Han (the guy who taught him) got killed. Except the S10 silvia which he trashed in the first race (cops weren't gonna impound a trashed car) the engine and cluch were still in it so all they needed was a car with no engine, luckily his dad has been restoring a Mustang parked in his garage with a missing engine which he found at the Naval Base.

At the end he's back driving the S10 Silvia when Vin Diesel shows up the Pontiac GTO from xXx (WTF?!) and challenges him to a race.

PROPS to NISSAN

And yeah drifting is nothing new, it's been around for a good +20 years now, and yeah they did start it up in the mountains not in parking lots. Tokyo Drift was a rip off of Initial D basically.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 AM

I know that....but they could have worked anything in the scripts. I work in the movie industry, although not directly in film, I know how dynamic this industry is. Noone ever stays with the previously written scripts. They could have worked in the script that there was a hidden garage with a wicked R34. The scene where it cuts into the girl finding the thrashed Silvia, they could have made that a Skyline. Like Han's secret weapon.

Originally Posted by Dexter
SPOILER:

if you saw the movie you'd know that after he trashed the EVO VIII, all the cars he had access to were impounded after Han (the guy who taught him) got killed. Except the S10 silvia which he trashed in the first race (cops weren't gonna impound a trashed car) the engine and cluch were still in it so all they needed was a car with no engine, luckily his dad has been restoring a Mustang parked in his garage with a missing engine which he found at the Naval Base.

At the end he's back driving the S10 Silvia when Vin Diesel shows up the Pontiac GTO from xXx (WTF?!) and challenges him to a race.

PROPS to NISSAN

And yeah drifting is nothing new, it's been around for a good +20 years now, and yeah they did start it up in the mountains not in parking lots. Tokyo Drift was a rip off of Initial D basically.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM

I know that....but they could have worked anything in the scripts. I work in the movie industry, although not directly in film, I know how dynamic this industry is. Noone ever stays with the previously written scripts. They could have worked in the script that there was a hidden garage with a wicked R34. The scene where it cuts into the girl finding the thrashed Silvia, they could have made that a Skyline. Like Han's secret weapon.
there were a couple of R34 Skylines in Hans garage, if a car could run cops would have found it...unless there was somesort of secret passageway behind a tool cabinet or something....

...but skyline r34 was already used in the 2nd part, a real waste. I suppose they didn't want to use the R34 again since it would be a "weapon of choice" EVERYONE and their mother would go for the R34, I guess they wanted to be different an use an American car to beat a Japanese car in drifting even if they used a Japanese engine to do it. And yes I am aware that the Evo was also used in the 2nd part.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:49 AM

But they used the R34 in this movie, where Han was drifting around it in a circle. I think that scene is a waste of film. That scene served no purpose and the girls in the car weren't even that hot.

.......I suppose they didn't want to use the R34 again since it would be a "weapon of choice" EVERYONE and their mother would go for the R34 I guess they wanted to be different an use an American car to beat a Japanese car in drifting. And yes I am aware that the Evo was also used in the 2nd part.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:20 PM

if they did it would definitely have to be a GTS, due to GTR having the ATEZZA AWD system.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM

if they did it would definitely have to be a GTS, due to GTR having the ATEZZA AWD system.
what does that have to do with the engine? it was an rb26 engine pulled out of a 2001 skyline gtr
Old 06-20-2006, 04:59 PM

what does that have to do with the engine? it was an rb26 engine pulled out of a 2001 skyline gtr
you sure it wasn't an sr20?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:10 PM

All the cars' info is on their website, including the Mustang fastback.

you sure it wasn't an sr20?
Old 06-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you look at all 3 movies, I think the director/producers want to have atleast one muscle car in it, to generate a bigger audience..Vin Diesel's Nova in the 1st one, the 2 muscle cars in the 2nd, and then the Mustang in this one..
On another note, wouldnt the 67 Mustang, even with the RB in it, be waaaaayyyyy too heavy to keep up on those turns with a 350z, or any RWD/AWD import for that matter.

I mean, I think our cars with decent suspension upgrades can keep up with most "american muscle" cars on swervy roads....Most of those things way like a million pounds and are made of solid steel.
anyone hear me, or am I just thinkin too out of the box lol...
Old 06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by aminus21
If you look at all 3 movies, I think the director/producers want to have atleast one muscle car in it, to generate a bigger audience..Vin Diesel's Nova in the 1st one, the 2 muscle cars in the 2nd, and then the Mustang in this one..
On another note, wouldnt the 67 Mustang, even with the RB in it, be waaaaayyyyy too heavy to keep up on those turns with a 350z, or any RWD/AWD import for that matter.

I mean, I think our cars with decent suspension upgrades can keep up with most "american muscle" cars on swervy roads....Most of those things way like a million pounds and are made of solid steel.
the rb was probally enough to make the car nose heavy. the rb is a very heavy motor when u toss in all the boost stuff.

and no maxima with just suspension upgrades would keep up wit american muscle on swervy roads. most f-bodys/stangs on stock suspension would give a max more then a run for its money. this being if both drivers can handle their cars.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Ichiban King

SPOILER:
Glad someone else knows of Initial D. drifting.. one of the last things left they could ruin with movies and make a lot of money. I guess next its gonna be AutoX? haha
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM

overall, I prefer the initial D live action movie over the FF3 movie
Old 06-20-2006, 10:37 PM

But they used the R34 in this movie, where Han was drifting around it in a circle. I think that scene is a waste of film. That scene served no purpose and the girls in the car weren't even that hot.
I coulda sworn that was an R33...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:48 PM

This movie is F*ckin racist. A white guy with a little bit of training in drifting in an old muscle car (persumably has bad handling) takes out a Japanese drift king in a 350z? And Vin Diesel beating all the asians? Are we that freaking useless we can't have a champion at our own thing? I serously should have bought tickets for another movie to see it.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
This movie is F*ckin racist. A white guy with a little bit of training in drifting in an old muscle car (persumably has bad handling) takes out a Japanese drift king in a 350z? And Vin Diesel beating all the asians? Are we that freaking useless we can't have a champion at our own thing? I serously should have bought tickets for another movie to see it.
get off it.. american arrogance rules. If you dont like nationalism then go home..its not because they're asian. plus I love the Japanese minus pearl harbor
Old 06-21-2006, 12:53 AM

SPOILER:

Word Up.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by kashman15

I thought Vin Diesel's car in the 1st one was a Dodge Charger, anyways like the saying goes "they don't make 'em like they used to.." and although Muscle cars are really heavy they pack alot of punch and some damn good suspensions, a decent classic Muscle car would give a MAX a run for it's money like someone else said
Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 AM
shift_Puff

I bet the next one is going to be about Rally Cars and the setting will be somewhere in Africa...
haha...and they won't drop it cause it's already like a 4x4, just put some blue tokiko's LOL
Old 06-21-2006, 11:38 AM

I thought Vin Diesel's car in the 1st one was a Dodge Charger, anyways like the saying goes "they don't make 'em like they used to.." and although Muscle cars are really heavy they pack alot of punch and some damn good suspensions, a decent classic Muscle car would give a MAX a run for it's money like someone else said

ur right it was a dodge charger..my bad..
Old 06-23-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Apparition
get off it.. american arrogance rules. If you dont like nationalism then go home..its not because they're asian. plus I love the Japanese minus pearl harbor
That sarcasm? There's a difference between nationalisn and dumb arrogance. If you really believe that americans do everything best, why drive an import?

BTW is think one of the Z's slammed into a 4th gen during the chase that killed han. It was baby blue i think
Old 06-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
That sarcasm? There's a difference between nationalisn and dumb arrogance. If you really believe that americans do everything best, why drive an import?

BTW is think one of the Z's slammed into a 4th gen during the chase that killed han. It was baby blue i think
Indeed sarcasm>you haha, yeah I love my nissan.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:33 PM

That was my car in the movie as was my Camry with TRD package.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:46 PM

yo guys, we dont need to worry about having a RWD car, just pop that **** in REVERSE and beeee out screeeeeeching them BFG tires baby, alll smoke in the rear view!!!!!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah rock onnnn!!!!!!!

I gotta say, there was one funny part in the movie, when the main boy tells the other white boy that he could read the brochure for the Viper.

"Yeah, this car has 550 HP and it goes from 0 - 60 in like 3.5 seconds DUDE!!!"
Old 06-25-2006, 11:09 PM

the MAX was the only car out of the F&F movie not to be featured in Need For Speed Underground (the R33 Skyline wasn't there either but it already had an R34 Skyline so putting an R33 in would've seemed kinda pointless...) but I think it was more because half of the cars in the game were already NISSANs.
hahaha no ****... i think that really sucked though.....
either way i think it is great that people are atleast being able to see the maxima in modded form on the big screen(F&F 1) its a great car that doesnt get near the attention or respect it should... my personal opinion...
Old 06-25-2006, 11:34 PM

as long as prices don't go up on MAXIMA's i'll be cool with that...