4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How do I remove this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
The Golden One

How do I remove this?

I got into an accident a few weeks ago (hit a deer) and the BACK of my driver headlight broke. The actual headlight is fine. However, I have another spare headlight that is pitted and yellowed, but the back is fine...how can I swap this. I looked and looked and maybe I'm just an idiot but I couldn't figure out who to take it off. Thanks guys.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
SHIFT_up

LoL, that was me when i first bought the car. I thought you had to remove the grill and bumper. Anyway there are 4 screws holding the light on four corners, look really good and you should see them.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by IlyaK
I got into an accident a few weeks ago (hit a deer) and the BACK of my driver headlight broke. The actual headlight is fine. However, I have another spare headlight that is pitted and yellowed, but the back is fine...how can I swap this. I looked and looked and maybe I'm just an idiot but I couldn't figure out who to take it off. Thanks guys.
Do you mean separate the two halves of the headlight? You put them in the oven to melt the glue, look up retro fitting projectors for the correct heat settings etc.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Old Maxima Legend

are you asking how to remove a headlight ? best i can remember you will need a socket wrench with an 8mm extension to remove the headlight from the inside, i believe you can then pop out the grill and pull out whichever side you are talking about out a little and you should be able to see how to remove the headlight from the grill and replace it with the new headlight. the headlight will need some pushing (from the inside) to push it out of the bracket/car so to speak.

if you are not talking about removing the headlight then, deem this post as useless ! lol !
Old 06-21-2006, 03:56 PM
The Golden One

No...I know how to remove the headlight and how to seperate the glass. What I'm trying to do is remove the black plastic (sheild - big *** thing) behind the actual headlight. Ya'll get what I'm saying?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I support for what?

I dont believe that comes off. When I was going to AE my headlights I tried to figure out to take that off before I realized I just put that in the oven to. I tried to take it off but couldnt.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
The Golden One

First off...nice car Mx...and second yeah I thought it's impossible to. But maybe someone knows how? The headlight I have in right now is butt ugly. I'd like to swap it.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:53 PM

Same question - Different Part

How do you remove the PCV valve? It looks pretty tight for just unhooking the hose clamps and removing. Do you have to remove the two bolts holding the bracket that holds the solid part of the tube that is connected to the rubber tube that is connected to the PCV valve?
Old 06-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I believe you are talking about the black mount that the headlight is mounted in. correct? I've been in a recent accident myself and found it on one of the posts that there are 4 bolts that hold on the mount. 2 of them are next to the radiator above and below the hdlght aligning screw. the other 2 are under the turn signal light. use a big screwdriver to be able to pry it out. with that done and you disconnect the lightbulb, the headlight and the black will come out as one. i have not yet looked at the two to take the headlight off of the mount, as mine is broken too, just don't have a replacement yet.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:15 PM

You guys he know how to remove the actual head light. He's referering to the headlight bracket.

I tried myself before and found no luck. It must be possible beacuse those who have done retrofits have to seperate that back part so they can cut the back of the lense to fit and bolt up the projector. There must be a way.

Originally Posted by v_c@yahoo.com
Same question - Different Part

How do you remove the PCV valve? It looks pretty tight for just unhooking the hose clamps and removing. Do you have to remove the two bolts holding the bracket that holds the solid part of the tube that is connected to the rubber tube that is connected to the PCV valve?
just remove the clamp, then pull. It will be stubborn, but it will come out