4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

wiring power seatts

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 AM

wiring power seatts

hey yall i put leather seats in my max but come to find out she wasnt pre-wired for power seats...i see some wires under the carpet..i was wondering if anyone knows how to wire them up and which wires to use...

oh yea i did a search and came up with nothing so if someone knows please let me know...thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2006, 07:20 AM
FEELS GOOD TO BE GANGSTA

I think all maximas are pre-wired for power seats, yes its probably tucked away under your carpet.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 PM

no its not i took the carpet off and there are no wires or plugs for the seats
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 PM

bump anyone have any info??
Old 07-11-2006, 09:49 AM

bump anyone????
Old 08-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Im about to find out the same..... So if theres any info on this.

found some :

Originally Posted by JNCoRacer
Yes you can. Mine already had the plug and was prewired for the passenger seat. If yours isnt, you can splice onto the wires for the driver seat and get your power from there. As for the door panels, you can either put in a tweeter and make it functional or leave it out. The leather inserts require a little moddification to fit onto your existing panels. The leather inserts are held on by metal tabs that slide through notches in the panel and are then folded over to secure them. However the panels with cloth do not have these notches under the cloth so you would have to make them.
also

Nope not all maximas as everyone assumes. What I did was pull up the carpet and found a some wires underneath. I tapped into the wiring. The white wire with red tracer is a constant power. I tapped the yellow wire from the seat harness to this and grounded it to the bolt that holds the seat. I'm still not surehow to do the heated seats. I just know the grey wires are high and low, but unsure of how to connect to a switch.
There is a circuit breaker up under the dash that you need to buy to hook this up. If you are laying down on your seat with your head under the dash, it will be on the right hand side. Go to your dealer and tell them that you need the circuit breaker for power seats and they should be able to order it for you. I don't have the part number, but the piece is white. As soon as you plug that in your power seats will work.
there was an empty connector under the dash right where he said (plus I found a fuse/relay location diagram on autozone.com, and it mentioned circuit breakers). Cut the connector off, stripped the wires, twisted em together... seats work perfect. I'm eventually gonna get in there and put a fuse between em (or grab the actual circuit breaker from the junkyard). Either way... they now work perfectly.