4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Grrr. Thanks 4 Nothing

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Grrr. Thanks 4 Nothing

I really love my max but I'm really considering selling my car after last night/
So I went to a local Bowling alley/arcade last night and when I went to get in my car and Chicks comes over to me and she's like "Is that your car" (I'm sittin in the driver seat at this time).. So to myself I'm thinking its finally paid off, all the work put in and now girls wanna holla just cause I have a nice car...
But NOPE
she then tell me 2 ppl just hit my car. Not one but F'n 2??? Ok so I asked her to tell me what happen. long story short she saw both cars hit me and didnt get any info on either car not even a license plate # !!!!
The damage really wasnt that bad but I just got a new black paint job(color change) less than 3 weeks ago. They both just scratched up my bumber, so now my car is black with grey and green Scratches on my bumber.
The funny thing about the situation is Someone else left a note on my windshield saying the say the whole thing, but guess what they didnt get any info on either car!!! I like the thought but how did He help me??? GRRRR But in his story he tells me that one of the guys that Hit me actually got out and tooks pics of my car and then drove off. Aint thtat some B.S !!!

Yes that just made me madd as hell So this morning I looked up how much I can get for my car and I might be gettin a Range Rover Now(If I can get a quicker sale then the guy with the range rover does) other than that I keep the Max until I finish skool or another great deal comes up.

Thanks for your time Just needed to Vent!
Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Strange story, where in the lot were you parked?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 PM

Damn, sucks to hear that, but... a range rover?
Old 07-02-2006, 05:35 PM

Wow you really overreact man. I live in Southern California and lots of illegals live here who drive pretty beat up cars. My car gets bumped or scratched like every other week(I would have said day but thats exaggeration). One this old dude smoking a cigarette parks right next to me. I was like aw **** hes gonna make me smell this crap, then bam he open his door right into my car with a force that make it shake. He comes out, looks at it, then goes back in. NOT even a word of apology.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:43 PM

Stupid people really **** me off, but they are everywhere. Come on though, a Range Rover? I don't mean to flame, but.........a Range Rover? From my experience depending on which model year you are talking about, Range Rovers don't exactly have the greatest reliability.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:22 PM

of all cars to choose...a range rover? i gotta admit depending on the model u r talking about, they look nice but really not worth it unless you can fork out a stack of cash for each visit to the dealership/mechanic. just my opinion.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
Wow you really overreact man. I live in Southern California and lots of illegals live here who drive pretty beat up cars. My car gets bumped or scratched like every other week(I would have said day but thats exaggeration). One this old dude smoking a cigarette parks right next to me. I was like aw **** hes gonna make me smell this crap, then bam he open his door right into my car with a force that make it shake. He comes out, looks at it, then goes back in. NOT even a word of apology.
Um.. that's when you get out, jot down his license plate number, ask him for his insurance and file a police report.

Or just beat his ass, if you're physically inclined.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM

Ye sucks, especially after a paint job. My new neighbors' kids keep driving their bikes in my driveway and already scratched my car a few times even after i yelled at them. I'm came very close to slapping the snot out of one of them too.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:55 AM

Damn that sucks, too many stupid people, not enough people to eat them.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:02 AM

I would steer away from the Range, gas is too damn much!
Old 07-03-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by dejahn23
...until I finish skool
Ain't that ironic...haha

Sorry to hear about your car...hopefully one of the people who hit you (the one who took the pics) will come back and claim responsibility. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:43 PM

Yea I know the range Rover is a pricey vehicle to fix and Gas up. But I really like the look and Name brand. I def. wasnt gettin a brand new one. I saw a 98 with 22"rims on it for about what I could get for my max. The scratch just makes me madd because I havent gotten updated insurance pics so when I get the pics done I'm stuck with the bumper burns.
Thanks anyways We'll just have to see what the future holds for me.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Why is it the maxima's fault (ie: the need to sell it)??? Getting a range rover will solve your "problems"? This could happen to any car/truck/vehicle you own. Your thread makes no sense to me.....

Sucks you got hit, but it could be much, much worse. How about parking far, far away to eliminate getting door dings/scratches/bumped??? That's what I do. You seem to care about your max (ie the new paint job) but park where you are susceptible to damage?? Doesn't make sense.

This thread
Edit: This really isn't 4th gen related!! This could happen to anyone with any car. This crap belongs in OT.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:17 PM

My mom parks like 15 spaces away from everyone else in parking lots. She would turn into the devil if someone hit her 6th Gen. I am not sure what I would do if I knew who hit me. I am sort of a push over so I probably who have to get someone else to confront them if I wanted something done about it. So will insurance cover it?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
I agree with you, on the overreaction. But the story was weird that he thought the chick was admiring his ride, a 99 Maxima? Anyway, when my car was less than a year old I had to valet park downtown. My co. reimbursed the $17/day at the time, but that's not enough to go to a nicer lot. All of a sudden scratches appeared on my front and rear bumpers, after regularly parking in the garage they were everywhere. The thing is there were plenty of MB, BMW, Porsche, Audi, Jaguar, and Lamborghini (ok I made that one up) also parking there, so I guess maybe they leased and did not really care. In SoCal I'd see cars like my boss' boss' Gemballa BiTurbo parked in the mall like it was nothing but a g thang....out east we freak out when we get a ding on our 7-9 yr. old Maximas!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:08 PM

I see no need to sell the Max just for that. Fixing the bumper does not cost much....
Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 PM

yeah, why sell, bull **** happens every once in a while.