4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Not Starting, probably electrical

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Not Starting, probably electrical

Was driving home, took a turn and my amp ground wire flew out of the amp...i have no idea how because the amp is mounted and the wire was tight in there, but i guess not tight enough.

Anyway...all the gauges go all the way down, even the gas gauge, but the car is still driving. I feel a little loss of power, but i make it to my driveway...i let it idle for a little bit and the gauges go back to normal and everything seems fine. I drive inside the garage, turn the car off without turning the headlights off, and they turn off as soon as i turn the car off.

I try starting the car..NOTHING. the door lights are flashing for a few seconds, then they're back to normal, so i think everything's fine. I try to start it, and same exact thing again.

I turn the car to the radio position, and the radio is completely fine...plays cd's no problem. As soon as i put the car into ACC, all the power shuts off again like before.

so....
Old 07-07-2006, 06:14 AM
blah

It's sounds like your poor wiring job fried your battery. I suggest getting your battery charged or replacing it.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:46 AM

battery is fine, just tested it. fuses are fine as well
everything works fine in radio position, dies in acc, go back to radio, and immediatly everything's fine
what else could be wrong????
Old 07-07-2006, 09:01 AM

fixed....battery connection was loose