4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

how many of you have one piece head lights? please read!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:15 AM
Black Lion

how many of you have one piece head lights? please read!

im asking this question cause im thinking of converting to these. i just purchased the black housing head lights from cust maxima, i didnt know how delicate these things are . I dropped one during the installation and the lense cracked completely, It didnt even drop more than a foot.Now im stuck cause custom maxima wont sell me just one lamp or even give me a discount on a new set. So my Question is are these one piece head lights glass or plastic housing? Can any one recomend some one in the NEW JERSEY to install these for me or help with the install? Thanks for all feed back
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Brain phuck

Do you have the tools to do it?
dremel and stuff?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:54 AM

HOUSING should be plastic... lense should be glass, but I believe the cefiros are plastic as well. I heard they aren't hard to install, just takes time and pantience and tools, and some sort of body work knowledge, atleast a little.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hey i just installed my cefiros a week ago---it took a good 2 hours to do---yes they are plastic---i can help you if your willing to drive out to my job, i work as a auto tech---holla back
Old 07-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by samito
hey i just installed my cefiros a week ago---it took a good 2 hours to do---yes they are plastic---i can help you if your willing to drive out to my job, i work as a auto tech---holla back
Thanks for the responce but the conversion would of cost me to much money. I just purchased a set of 9007 hid and i believe the cefieros are h4 . So that means new head lights and new hid kit. I just sucked it up and bought another set from Custom maxima.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:53 AM

Did you dish out $200 more just for the black housing lights? That's crazy. I'm hoping you already tried the AE mod yourself and it didnt work. If not...then I have no idea why you would spend yet another $200 for them.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
Did you dish out $200 more just for the black housing lights? That's crazy. I'm hoping you already tried the AE mod yourself and it didnt work. If not...then I have no idea why you would spend yet another $200 for them.
Yes tried the A.E. mod It came out ok . but the stock lamps were a very yellowish color. So i went ahead and bought the Cust Max set. The light output with these lamps from custom max Are so much better,also if you have hids say goodbye to blinding people .The lamp housing somehow eliminates glare.I had to adjust the beam cause they come aimed to low from the factory. Once i adjusted them it was a beautiful thing. Yeah it cost me double but if i were more careful I wouldnt have dropped one. Over all im very happy with these.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 AM
Black Lion

one other reason why i went with the cust max head lamps. When i tried the A.E. MOD for the corner lamps i left one of the lamps in the oven to long and it melted the lamp a little . Also it didnt look good at all so pick up the black housing corners from e bay. when i installed these they didnt match the A.E. HEAD lamp mod at all,hence the purchase of the Cust Max black housing head lamps. It really sucks when you try and save money doing mods on your own and you wind up screwing things up and costing double. But what you gonna do **** haapens.
Black Lion

one other reason why i went with the cust max head lamps. When i tried the A.E. MOD for the corner lamps i left one of the lamps in the oven to long and it melted the lamp a little . Also it didnt look good at all so pick up the black housing corners from e bay. when i installed these they didnt match the A.E. HEAD lamp mod at all,hence the purchase of the Cust Max black housing head lamps. It really sucks when you try and save money doing mods on your own and you wind up screwing things up and costing double. But what you gonna do **** happens.
Black Lion

one other reason why i went with the cust max head lamps. When i tried the A.E. MOD for the corner lamps i left one of the lamps in the oven to long and it melted the lamp a little . Also it didnt look good at all so pick up the black housing corners from e bay. when i installed these they didnt match the A.E. HEAD lamp mod at all,hence the purchase of the Cust Max black housing head lamps. It really sucks when you try and save money doing mods on your own and you wind up screwing things up and costing double. But what you gonna do? **** happens.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:37 AM

TAKE PICS AND SEND THEM TO ME WHEN YOU INSTALL YOUR LIGHTS!!!!
badcooliebwoy@aol.com
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 AM

Thats cool. It does always suck to screw up on mods but at least you tried them firrst right? Good luck with the next set from CM!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Black Lion

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
Thats cool. It does always suck to screw up on mods but at least you tried them firrst right? Good luck with the next set from CM!
thanks. yeah i always try the mods its a great feeling when you finish something you started and it looks awsome. Like the led needles,definitly the tuffest mod ive ever done but its worth it.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:59 AM

Yeah thats one of my next mods for the winter. I'll be doing all the interior lights red led during the winter hopefully.