4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

00VI Cost questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

00VI Cost questions

I really didnt know where to post this so Mods if im out of line or in the wrong spot move or lock it and i'll understand completly

Just trying to see what people are paying for their 00VI swaps, mainly complete take offs including fuel rails upper and lower manifolds TB's injectors etc..

Im currently working at a Foreign Salvage yard and can put my hands on about 8 full swaps (not including the 2 I have siting at my house for my own car) but really just depends on what the value of a full swap would be and if theres actual intrest. Any help would be appreciated

I did read the for sale and group deal forum rules and both said no threads feeling out price so i figured i'd try the 4th gen forum, just trying to make them easier to get, i personally make no money off selling them.

Thanks
--Dan
Old 07-13-2006, 08:41 AM

If you can get them for about $300-350 complete from the salvage yard a peice, your doing good. Thats including rear valve cover, and three rear coil packs. They are getting cheaper and cheaper on here by the day.

Check your PM box.

-matt
Old 07-16-2006, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by DanIAm
I really didnt know where to post this so Mods if im out of line or in the wrong spot move or lock it and i'll understand completly

Just trying to see what people are paying for their 00VI swaps, mainly complete take offs including fuel rails upper and lower manifolds TB's injectors etc..

Im currently working at a Foreign Salvage yard and can put my hands on about 8 full swaps (not including the 2 I have siting at my house for my own car) but really just depends on what the value of a full swap would be and if theres actual intrest. Any help would be appreciated

I did read the for sale and group deal forum rules and both said no threads feeling out price so i figured i'd try the 4th gen forum, just trying to make them easier to get, i personally make no money off selling them.

Thanks
--Dan
if you got some for sale holla
Old 07-16-2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by DanIAm

Thanks
--Dan
Start a thread in the for sale section titled "GI: 00vi swap parts." See how many people really want to buy the parts for the swap. When you know you'll have a for sure sale, bring it from work and sell it. Repeat till your yard is scarse of manifolds.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
Start a thread in the for sale section titled "GI: 00vi swap parts." See how many people really want to buy the parts for the swap. When you know you'll have a for sure sale, bring it from work and sell it. Repeat till your yard is scarse of manifolds.
Like DanIAm said, there are new rules in the Classified section saying you're not allowed to gauge interest anymore.

DanIAm, let me know if you're going to proceed with this. I'd be interested if I can find someone in the San Diego area to install it for me. I'm fairly mechanically incompetent and doubt I could do this myself.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by NerdManXdx
Like DanIAm said, there are new rules in the Classified section saying you're not allowed to gauge interest anymore.

DanIAm, let me know if you're going to proceed with this. I'd be interested if I can find someone in the San Diego area to install it for me. I'm fairly mechanically incompetent and doubt I could do this myself.
Wow I missed that part. Didnt know were not allowed to do that anymore. Would hurt to put it in your sig would it? "interested in a 00vi? PM me" something to that nature.

Or take the risk, buy one and put it up for sale, sure you'll get a bunch of people trying to buy it, only one person can buy that one up for sale but PM the other who showed interest and let them know you can get more if they want.

bada bing, bada boom.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:28 PM

I paid about $400 for all the main parts. The only thing I need now are gaskets, fittings, hoses, and other little bs things I'll probably end up needing while in the middle of the job.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
10 psi

200 for me!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:39 AM

Can anybody give a complete list of parts needed?Thank you.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:51 AM

Rear Valv cover
Rear 3 coil Packs
Upper IM
Lower IM
Fule Rail
(6) Fule INjectors
TB (with sensor)
and gaskets and adapter for Fule Rail
If you want EGR you need more hoses and some pipe its mounted on on the 00VI

you can just get away with the upper intkae and the TB if you wana modd the stock (95-99) lower IM to fitt the 00VI (kinda hard but saves ALOT of work)
Old 07-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Old Maxima Legend

photo gallery
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ceasar.../ph//my_photos
Old 07-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Bacon Lover

I'm paying ~$275 all said and done (including shipping), but I'm only going with modified 4th gen lower, 00VI upper, and an RPM switch. My cost also includes Stephen Max's services modifying the lower, but does not include that I'm getting my adapter plates for free from a buddy.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:29 AM
seanish4042

FULE.

niceeeeeeee

Old 07-17-2006, 11:39 AM

My cost list is not complete as of this date, but I will probably be somewhere in the $250 range. I am also going with the 00VI upper, modified 4th gen. lower, and adapter plate. I am fortunate to be making the adapter plate and modifying the lower IM myself though.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:26 PM

Does modifing stock lower gives/causes anything vs putting the '00 lower IM? I mean what differense does it make besides saving work?Thank you.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:05 PM

Which TB's fit the 00vi?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:13 PM

Modifying the 4th gen lower allows you to use the existing 4th gen fuel rail and injectors. My car has low miles, so it's a matter of using parts that I know are good and still have some life left. Plus, the larger injectors on the 00 may (not sure) create A/F issues with the 4th gen ECU unless using a A/F management system. If anyone is curious, I'll be doing a before and after dyno when I'm ready to do my 00VI using the stock 4th gen lower, fuel rails, and TB.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM
00vi Equipped.......

What kind of throttle body is the 00 vi?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by maxgp1029
What kind of throttle body is the 00 vi?
I assume you mean cable vs. drive-by-wire...and it's cable.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:05 AM

Hey sorry guys, havent been on to check up on this in a few days. Thanks for all the input so far. I'm still working on it, our biggest obsticle is selling the engines to dealerships that expect there to be manifolds on the engines but we may try to get core engines back to pull swaps from. Still working on it though and will keep every one posted thats expressed intrest

Also one other question, what do you guys run for a fuel preasure regulator, the stock 4th gen or the stock 5th gen (2 if i remember correctly)

Thanks again for the Input

-- Dan