4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ground Control Info

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 01:21 PM

If I get GC's and put them on Tokico Blues and have it so it's just even, bumper and tire (almost tucking). If I do this how will the ride be? How would it be with Konis? Now I have Tokico + Eibach and the ride is ok, but a bit stiff.
Old 10-17-2000, 12:24 AM

anyone?
Old 10-17-2000, 10:47 PM
mrloyd

Originally posted by BrianV
anyone?
This is one of these questions that gets asked alot, thats prob why noone replied yet. Anyhow, i have neither, but have read the answer about a million times so here goes. Generally, people say that the eibach springs handle great,but ride a little rough. These usu come with the gc's.
If you want a better ride, get h&r springs. Also, alot of people complain that the tokiko's wear out quickly, but some people say their good. Havent heard any complaints on the kyb or koni so far as performance, but availability seems to be a problem. The only advantage of the gc's appears to be their adjustability, when maxed out as low as possible, is always going to be a bit rough. If you are just looking for good looks, try the h&r on your stock struts, If that doesn't do it, change to koni or kyb struts, if you want the best, get the catman coilovers, this is a complete unit, unlike the gc, it has shock, spring, and full adjustability. Reportedly, they are the ****, but pricy. I'm just going to wait till everything on mine wears out and get the cattmans.

Old 10-17-2000, 11:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ground Control INFO

Ground Control makes a good coilover unit... But get them with KONI... Don't ever buy them with Tokiko... Tokiko struts are the worst riding and worst handling struts you can get for your car...

Look up some of my older posts and I explain why...

cjv
Old 10-18-2000, 02:15 AM

Well there are Tok blues on my car now, but I think they are kinda getting weaker. What's the going rate on Konis?

How would Koni + GC ride if I set the Koni's on their softest setting?