4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Struts and springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 01:57 PM
wesley

What are the best lowering springs and struts for a 1995 Maxima. I hear that Eibach and Koni are a good combo. What other kinds are made for my car and which is the best. Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 10-16-2000, 02:05 PM

Originally posted by wesley
What are the best lowering springs and struts for a 1995 Maxima. I hear that Eibach and Koni are a good combo. What other kinds are made for my car and which is the best. Thanks for everyone's help.
I have eibach & stock shocks. Rides fine, but i think my stock shocks are dead.

Given, my cars got 70k or so on it.. my shocks have a right to be dead.

Just so you know, the koni's require cutting the stockers and inserting the cartridge into the shell? I'm thinkin about puttin new shocks in, but im not sure id like to go that far..

Old 10-16-2000, 08:00 PM
daves95max

Okay here we go again, Some one askes this question every other day. I am about to lower my car for a bout two months now and have not done it because I am so confused. I have the Intrax springs and Eibachs sitting in my Garage but don't know what to do. I have asked a lot of Maxima owner and have gotten all diffrent answers. All I have gotten is a lot opinions. Now if you ask the people who have Eibach they say, Eibachs are the best and if you ask people who have H&R they say are it, and same with Intrax.
Here are good and bad points from what I have gathers from all the emails and Forums.
Eibachs: Good Handling but Hardsh ride.
H&R: Lowers the a little and Okay Handling, ride is good.
Intrax: Lowers the about 1.85 inches, can bottom out if not careful, okay handling.
I still don't know what I am going to do, Maybe I will go with the Intrax. Because I want my car to look good when it lowered and I am not looking for too much in handling just better than sock. I only drive my car 5 miles to work each way and put on about 5000 miles a year. Well these only my opinions ask me for sure in about two weeks when I have made up my mind. About Struts, it all depends how much money you have. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY OTHER SUGESTION OR SOMETHING TO ADD TO, PLEASE DO SO, I STILL HAVE A LOT QUESTIONS. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS, YOU GUYS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB...

Old 10-17-2000, 07:05 AM

if you look at eibachs website...

under the FAQ section, they actually say that their pro-kit springs are designed to work with factory stocks...AS long as their in good condition. i don't know if its true or not, but personally i'm waiting for the KYB AGXs so yes my eibachs will be sitting in the closet for a little while.
Old 10-17-2000, 08:42 AM
wesley

HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF SPRINT SPRINGS

I WAS LOOKING ON NOPI AND THEY SELL SPRINT LOWERING SPRINGS. THEY SAY IT LOWERS THE CAR 2" DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THESE ARE GOOD QUALITY.

Old 10-17-2000, 08:51 AM
Wayne

I have a friend with them. He said the same day he put them on they suck. I was told that there better for Honda

Old 10-17-2000, 09:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've got Eibachs with Tokico struts. I think it handles great and the rides not to harsh.
Old 10-17-2000, 10:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

cattmans
Old 10-17-2000, 01:02 PM

I've got intrax with factory struts and it looks good, the ride's not that bad.
Old 10-17-2000, 02:10 PM
Disco Biscuit

I'm with BSwithTF

I love my Eibach\Tok combo. I do alot of driving every day, in twisty turny back country roads, and they do great. I want konis but got the Tok's at the time due to cash. No probs, and I take now tend to speed up before the curves instead of slowing down like I used to
Old 10-18-2000, 12:51 AM

I've got H@R's with stock struts

Rides smooth..almost like factory...only harsh if you hit a really big bump.
Old 10-18-2000, 02:19 AM

I've got Eibachs + Tokicos and I HATE it. That's why I'm going to sell the whole getup and get something new.

First of all, it isn't quite low enough, no one believes me that it's lowered.

Second, the rear sags, so the front of the car is pitched up and the back is low.

Third, the ride quality isn't that great, especially on bad roads when going slow speeds.

Finally, the handling isn't that great, my Integra GSR handled far better, and my father's stock CL Type-S handles much better. For a Shock/Spring combo it doesn't handle too great. I would rather get a good comfy spring and then add all the sways and STBs and have nice ride and a stiff chassis.
Old 10-18-2000, 02:45 AM

Hey Brian...

I know what you mean about people not believing your car is lowered...When I went to get my alignment done right after I got my car lowered, one of the guys at the shop said"Nice wheels, now you just need to get it lowered!" That made me real happy!!! If you want a nicer ride, definately get the h@r's. They ride almost like stock unless you hit a huge bump. Looking at you pics on your site...I'd say that they lower the car a little bit more in the front too.

P.S....My brother in law has a 97 integ.gs 2dr...he's getting it lowered with h@R race springs(apparently very stiff) and planning on putting 18's on it next year with 215/35's...do you know if this settup will work for him?
Thanks...
Josh

Originally posted by BrianV
I've got Eibachs + Tokicos and I HATE it. That's why I'm going to sell the whole getup and get something new.

First of all, it isn't quite low enough, no one believes me that it's lowered.

Second, the rear sags, so the front of the car is pitched up and the back is low.

Third, the ride quality isn't that great, especially on bad roads when going slow speeds.

Finally, the handling isn't that great, my Integra GSR handled far better, and my father's stock CL Type-S handles much better. For a Shock/Spring combo it doesn't handle too great. I would rather get a good comfy spring and then add all the sways and STBs and have nice ride and a stiff chassis.