4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

so......my car was in an accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:38 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

so......my car was in an accident

not a real major one, and it took it like a real champ. I was coming home from work and there is a hill that goes down and a slight bend to the right. Well the speed limit is 50 im cruise control at 60 just enjoying the ride. As i come over and start to turn i see this little girl (maybe 6, at the MOST) on the side of the road with her dog playing.

I immediatly kill the CC and start braking pretty hard, and theres no oncoming so i start to swing left a bit. Well i dont know if the dog is just stupid or if hes got a hard on for maximas, but he comes running out in front of me. At this time i see the SUV coming in the oncoming lane so i dart SLIGHTLY to the right (member the little girl is there) and slam the brakes.

I hit the dog with the front drivers side, on the outside (ALMOST missed him) and he goes flying across the road, hard. Smoke is everywhere and all i can think about is this little girl. Well i get out and shes physically ok but obviously hysterical at the sight of her dog getting hit. The dog runs for the house (barely) and i go after it with the kid.

Worst part? The mom sees absolutely no reason to take the dog to the vet and says "oh hes fine, kelsey plays with him by the road all the time". This lady is a real POS let me tell you, and tells her kid to "get over it hes fine".

WTF is wrong with people??!! Luckily i dont need to involve insurance or anything because my car is pretty much A-OK. The cops werent even called because i offered and she tells me "i dont have time gotta get ready for work"......

SO i ended up with destroyed bumper lights and some really bad flat spots on my front tires (from the long ****ing skid mark).So i went out, wet the driveway, and burnt the flat spots off. Now i have an excuse for clear lights.

I feel so bad for the kid/dog. I cant fathom how i would feel right now had the child ran out. Some people deserve to have their kids taken away. I'm seriously debating making a phone call : /
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

oh and my airbag light stays on for about 20 seconds after i start the car now, so i guess i need to take it to nissan.....
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 PM

wow,I would have called the cops if I were you. you never know her mom might be crazy and then try to fabricate some hit and run story. She has work? Who the f'uck cares...their dog just got hit.

anyways, glad everything turned out fine. and I hate parents like that...leting their kids play on the streets. someday she's gonna get it.pretty hard 2 and then sue someone Y0oo
Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM

holy crap, i've seen a hit and run involving a dog and it wasn't pleasant. it ended up in my van dying =/ i have to agree with saying wth is with people now a days? they seem to lose sight of what's more important in life. i would never have my child walking a dog without knowing for sure they would be okay. especially after something like this i would make sure that my pet was perfectly fine. sucks about the car though..
Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 PM
csb

If I were you, I would call the Humane Society or...and have them (or the police, or...) stop by that piece of sh$t's house to check up on the dog. I probably would have taken it with me (whether she allowed me to or not) and brought it to the nearest vet for a checkup on my dime (out of guilt more than anything). But then...I prefer animals over people .
Old 09-04-2006, 09:51 PM

i know what you feel like man, one time on my way to school on a busy road, there was a cat behind a parked truck and it must have been retarded because it ran out right infront of me instead of waiting for 10 more seconds for the 3-4 cars behind me then it was clear, well i think the cat went under the car and hit my muffler i was probbaly doing 50-60kmh. I felt like **** for that day, but the next day guess what, that fawkin cat was lying on the sidewalk absorbing some rays, at first i thought it was dead so i pulled over and when i got out it walked away. I guess it was fine.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:28 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

I cant steal the womans dog lol. I didnt involve police because i dont want m insurance involved, claim or no claim i pay too much as it is. She never saw my car (was down the road) and doesnt know my name so not like she can come after me.

I called my ex girlfriend who works at the local SPCA and shes going to make sure someone follows up. Poor kid =[
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
shift_Puff

yeah man, poor dog, he must be in soo much pain...i hope your ex is able to do something for him and i hope that woman burns in h*ll. She will most probably screw up her kid mentally. As for you, well at least you're ok and no serious damage(car and situation).
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

yea car seems ok. Sarah is obsessed with animal care, im almost positive someone will see that dog =]
Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Heres an update if anyone is following along. The dog has been seized and transported for emergency care at the local vets office. They also removed 4 other pit bulls, 2 dobermans, and 3 german sheppards. Seems these people were fighting them in the basement.

Because of what was going on in the house (police found drugs, weapons, etc) child protective services also removed the little girl pending investigation. I feel bad because the kids future is now in the balance, but i can only hope that they girl as well as the dogs will find much better homes as quickly as possible.

Seems that by hitting the dog i may have saved its life, and possibly that of the little girl Kelsey.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Wow crazy story, its almost for the better that they seized the stuff and found out about if. If they were fighting dogs its better off for the dogs and for the little girl safety that it was discovered.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:28 AM
What's next!?..

WOw..that's some seriously messed up coincidence.

Hopefully everything will work out well for both the girl and the dogs.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:20 PM

damn dude,thats pretty crazy. your good points with karma just went through the roof you should play the lotto or something man.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:25 PM

FYI~The airbag light always comes on after 20 seconds after starting the car. It's standard, nothing to worry bout.
Anyway...sorry to hear 'bout everything, seriously. Gotta get back to work! Lata.
-Jeremiah
Old 09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

The dog(s) i can followup on but the little girl i will probably never get an update on =[
Old 09-06-2006, 01:27 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

Originally Posted by JeremiahMaximaSE
FYI~The airbag light always comes on after 20 seconds after starting the car. It's standard, nothing to worry bout.
Anyway...sorry to hear 'bout everything, seriously. Gotta get back to work! Lata.
-Jeremiah
Mine used to stay on then when i started the car went right out. Its never stayed on this long before thats why i was concerend