4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

cf hood issue involving wiperfluid nozzels

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:11 PM

cf hood issue involving wiperfluid nozzels

how did people w/ cf hoods get the wiperfluid nozzels on... i had a shop do it but he said he didnt think it was possible and didnt wanna ruin my hood... are there aftermarket nozzels that will work??? i need to get these in before the winter... help is appreciated, thank you!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:20 AM

is it a factore of not being able to get the hose on underneather or the nozzle just wont fit in the holes on top?

on my 240sx i had to use a hole saw on the bottom just so i had access to get the damn hoses on. they fit fine on top. but...it that seems to be your problem...get a dremel tool with a small bit that is covered in the sandpaper and reem the hole out to where it looks like the holes on the oe hood. that should be easy enough for a novice. i myself would prolly use a die grinder though with small bit.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:05 AM
10 psi

A while back i helped another maxima guy do this, we just ended up not using them, I havn't seen him for a while now but I don't think he ever installed them, I an sure you could just drill your hood a little more to fit t hem in there, but that would make me nervous if it were my hood.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

has anyone tried mounting them to the wiper arms? i kno 2 pontiac i had did it that way.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:27 AM
Boosted Panda

Is the hood not predrilled?
Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 AM

yeah i ended up not putting mine on cause i just didnt want to drill more holes and have more crap on the hood. i bought some generic sprayers at autozone with little adjustable tips for aiming and i was thinking of putting them on the area where the windsheild wipers are mounted. But theo nly way i can think to mount them is by glue but the hose nipple is located under the actual squirter so i couldnt lay it flat or get a hose to it if i wanted to mount it that way.
so as of now, no squirters for me either.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:28 AM
10 psi

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
Is the hood not predrilled?

the one i worked on was but not nearly big enough for the nozzles to fit.. this was on a 98 max, I am not sure if the 95-97's would be different or not..
Old 10-01-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by maximaSE327
how did people w/ cf hoods get the wiperfluid nozzels on... i had a shop do it but he said he didnt think it was possible and didnt wanna ruin my hood... are there aftermarket nozzels that will work??? i need to get these in before the winter... help is appreciated, thank you!
It is actually very easy. I mounted the original squirters on my CF hood. I took the squirters out of the metal hood and trimmed down the bottoms (the part going through the hood) to be as close to round as I could get. The original shape is not round. This resulted in roughly a 5/16" diameter remaining post. On my CF hood there were two kind of mounting boss type protrusions on the bottom of the hood stiffener right where the squirters belonged. I transferred the locations to the top of the hood by drilling about a 1/8" diameter hole through the centers of these protrusions right through the top of the hood (from the bottom). I then used these as pilot holes and redrilled them from the top with a 5/16" diameter drill. I then deburred with a countersink tool. I fit the squirters into the holes and checked for hose clearance. Once everything looked good, I superglued the squirters to the hood. Reattach the hoses and it is done. It took about 15 minutes.

jjam
Old 10-01-2006, 02:04 PM

ya the hoos was predrilled, but only big enough for the hose to fit, not the nozzle... the nozzle itself is square due to the clips
Old 10-01-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by jjamzman
It is actually very easy. I mounted the original squirters on my CF hood. I took the squirters out of the metal hood and trimmed down the bottoms (the part going through the hood) to be as close to round as I could get. The original shape is not round. This resulted in roughly a 5/16" diameter remaining post. On my CF hood there were two kind of mounting boss type protrusions on the bottom of the hood stiffener right where the squirters belonged. I transferred the locations to the top of the hood by drilling about a 1/8" diameter hole through the centers of these protrusions right through the top of the hood (from the bottom). I then used these as pilot holes and redrilled them from the top with a 5/16" diameter drill. I then deburred with a countersink tool. I fit the squirters into the holes and checked for hose clearance. Once everything looked good, I superglued the squirters to the hood. Reattach the hoses and it is done. It took about 15 minutes.

jjam

awesome, thats kinda what i was looking for... the superglue holds up?? has it ever come lose?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:27 PM

awesome, thats kinda what i was looking for... the superglue holds up?? has it ever come lose?
So far so good. No signs of loosening after 4 months. Worst case, reglue with epoxy. or Marine Goop.

jjam
Old 10-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Boosted Panda

If the holes are predrilled, then installing the nozzles is easy.Take a dremel, and either open up the area a bit untill the nozzles snap into place,(which is what Ive done on both of my CF hoods) or use the dremel and shave off a bit off the nozzles.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:22 AM
shift_Puff

CF hood in the winter??? Why?? You'll ruin it, no??
Old 10-02-2006, 06:32 AM

get adremel...make the holes...and run the rubber hoses underneath the hood. also get hood pins youll feel safer when driving.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by enjetek
get adremel...make the holes...and run the rubber hoses underneath the hood. also get hood pins youll feel safer when driving.

ok well ive stated at least twice that i already have holes drilled... and for the hoodpins, how did that topic come up, ive had hoodpins since ive had the hood...

i took a grinder to the clip part under the nozzle to make everything round, no issues there, but the hole in my hood needs to be just a lil larger... i dont feel confident doing that myself...

so is there anyone in the CT/MA area that i could stop by and have you dill a larger hole?? thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Boosted Panda

ok well ive stated at least twice that i already have holes drilled... and for the hoodpins, how did that topic come up, ive had hoodpins since ive had the hood...

i took a grinder to the clip part under the nozzle to make everything round, no issues there, but the hole in my hood needs to be just a lil larger... i dont feel confident doing that myself...

so is there anyone in the CT/MA area that i could stop by and have you dill a larger hole?? thanks.

No need to drill, use a dremel. It will take off a small section at a time. Just test fit it each time you take a little off untill it snaps into place. Your making a bigger deal out of it then it really is. If you can install hood pins, the nozzles shouldnt even be creating an issue.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
No need to drill, use a dremel. It will take off a small section at a time. Just test fit it each time you take a little off untill it snaps into place. Your making a bigger deal out of it then it really is. If you can install hood pins, the nozzles shouldnt even be creating an issue.

i didnt install the hoodpins, i had the body shop do it when u put on my stillen kit...

and also i dont own a dremel, thats y im askin if anyone around me has one that i could use or have them do it for me
Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Boosted Panda

i didnt install the hoodpins, i had the body shop do it when u put on my stillen kit...

and also i dont own a dremel, thats y im askin if anyone around me has one that i could use or have them do it for me

You should buy one, there not that expensive and you would be surprised how often you will use it. Whatever a shop would charge you to do the install of those nozzles Im sure would be around the same price as a dremel.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
sunten1

Talk to BlackMaxima he lives in CT and he is good with the dremel.

I would love to help you, I live in CT aswell, and I do own a Dremel. The problem is I suck at using it.