4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.
View Poll Results: which one
1" eibach
38.89%
2" sprint
61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

1" eibach drop or 2" sprint drop

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 12:49 PM

Lifs decisions

big decision to drop or really drop I am rinning on 17s and am leaning towards the 2" drop but i dont' want to be scraping or to look bad...and with the 2" what else will i have to do to my suspension to make it right cause i would imagine mabey i would need to change the cambers or toe ends or something not to metion the shocks....where as the 1" i can just throw them on?
Old 06-28-2001, 01:10 PM

1" or 2"?

I don't know why you keep saying a 1" or 2" drop. The Eibachs on a '97 give you 1.5" on the front and 1.3" on the back which are both OVER 1" drop!

So, the difference is basically 1/2 inch.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:17 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

On paper the Eibachs and the Sprints are close. But, if you see them side by side, the difference is very noticeable. I say go for the Sprints. You will love how the car looks, and you wont scrape all that much. You wont need a camber correction kit, either. The ride is just about the same with either one, so I'd say go as low as you can.

As for shocks, you'll need them with either one. The OEM units can't stand up to the higher spring rates of the lowering springs.
Old 06-28-2001, 01:18 PM

good point...i guess i just wasn't thinking about it that way....like i said in the last thread....ill be buying today if i decide on those so you will get your springs....
Old 06-28-2001, 01:38 PM

Eibachs

For street driving, Eibachs are the way to go. Sprints are great for the track, but too low for street. Many times I've ran into steep driveways that I've cleared barely. No way I could've cleared those without scraping my muffler or piping using Sprints. Plus, the ride will be harsher with Sprints. Here's the way I see it:

More handling = harsher ride (springs, coilover)
More power = louder car (exhaust, y-pipe, SC, etc.)

So it's basically what's important to you.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:05 PM

Re: Eibachs

Originally posted by JMAX95
For street driving, Eibachs are the way to go. Sprints are great for the track, but too low for street. Many times I've ran into steep driveways that I've cleared barely. No way I could've cleared those without scraping my muffler or piping using Sprints. Plus, the ride will be harsher with Sprints. Here's the way I see it:

More handling = harsher ride (springs, coilover)
More power = louder car (exhaust, y-pipe, SC, etc.)

So it's basically what's important to you.
Yep..everything I've heard has been that if you're looking to improve your handling but not worry about clearances and harsh ride, get the Eibachs. In fact, they even say on the Eibach website that they will replace standard springs directly without the need for anything else besides the possibility of a camber kit.

I'm looking for my Max to look a little better, have a little better handling and to have a comfortable ride and not have to worry about clearances, bottoming or any extra bumper stops, etc.

My guy at the speed shop said these are the best for street. Race is another situation. You don't have to worry about potholes, speed bumps, etc. <grin>
Old 06-28-2001, 02:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've looked at a look of maximas and one time I asked this guy if he was going to lower his car... guess what.. he already had eibachs... the moral to the story: get the sprints or mod something else... if you do it half the way you'll only hate it later on... Without the bodykit you will be about as low as I am with my bodykit and no drop. I don't scrape, ever.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:49 PM

I'd recommend Sprints.

Originally posted by Dahnryman
Lifs decisions

big decision to drop or really drop I am rinning on 17s and am leaning towards the 2" drop but i dont' want to be scraping or to look bad...and with the 2" what else will i have to do to my suspension to make it right cause i would imagine mabey i would need to change the cambers or toe ends or something not to metion the shocks....where as the 1" i can just throw them on?
I had the Eibachs first and wasn't at all happy with the drop. I constantly had people asking me when I was going to lower it. I am very happy with the Sprints. They're a lot cheaper as well. You can get it aligned with no problem but save yourself some time and put new struts on at the same time you put the springs on.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:54 PM

Re: I'd recommend Sprints.

Originally posted by BSwithTF

I had the Eibachs first and wasn't at all happy with the drop. I constantly had people asking me when I was going to lower it. I am very happy with the Sprints. They're a lot cheaper as well. You can get it aligned with no problem but save yourself some time and put new struts on at the same time you put the springs on.
get sprints!!! alex@southwestautoworks.com $141 shipped, no regrets!!
Old 06-28-2001, 02:55 PM

bswithtf

do you have a pic of your car befor and after the eibachs actually im mainly interested in a pic with the sprints on...can you post one....love the taillights were did you have them done and what are they?
Old 06-28-2001, 02:55 PM

I'd recommend Sprints.

Originally posted by Dahnryman
Lifs decisions

Old 06-28-2001, 03:17 PM

The only setback with Eibachs is that it's not as low as most people want it to be. But it has is a good blend of performance and ride quality. That's what they were designed for. With Sprints, you'll feel the road more. It has a higher spring rate so it's more performance than confort.
Old 06-28-2001, 04:02 PM

Thanks eveyone

Ok i am going to go with the sprint springs...im trying to order through alex at southwest...so as soon as i get a call or something from him ill have him get my springs to me! I can't wait.....
Old 06-28-2001, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Sprint...

don't any advice from Eibach owners who have never driven in sprint cars about the drop and scraping.. I have never scraped once since installing my Springs.. and I am installing my body kit soon.. i will let you know how the scraping goes
Old 06-28-2001, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Sprint Drop baby

http://soundvision.homestead.com/files/P1010001.JPG
http://soundvision.homestead.com/files/P1010002.JPG
http://soundvision.homestead.com/files/P1010003.JPG
http://soundvision.homestead.com/files/P1010291.JPG
Old 06-28-2001, 05:06 PM

no need to worry

thanks for the pics....i was worried it may be lower but its not....it looks fine and no problem on the ground effects either...sweet deal
Old 06-28-2001, 05:11 PM

Eibachs?

Well, let's see some Eibach drop pics.. I don't think I've seen one yet.. lemme see em!
Old 06-28-2001, 05:16 PM

Currently, I have Intrax springs, but just ordered a set of Sprint springs. I ordered them through southwestautoworks. It should be here very soon. As far as the ride, it couldn't be any worse than the Intrax's. When they get here and after I install them, I'll take some pics. Btw, I also ordered a set of Koni yellow struts. You will need new struts sooner or later, might as well get them now.
Old 06-28-2001, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Re: Eibachs?

Originally posted by bobl
Well, let's see some Eibach drop pics.. I don't think I've seen one yet.. lemme see em!

http://www.performanceix.com/gallery...Adidas_Boy.jpg

looks diff because its 15s
Old 06-28-2001, 05:45 PM
Conecarver

Re: Eibachs?

Originally posted by bobl
Here's the Eibachs that somebody wanted to see (attached). Ok, this isn't usual but you see em with 17" AND 16" rims compared. Just happened to be breaking in some 16" rubber this week...
Old 06-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Lives in a 350Z

Sprints?

Hey,

IF I have 18 x 8.5 rims will the sprint springs make me tires scrape???
Old 06-28-2001, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot
Btw, I also ordered a set of Koni yellow struts. You will need new struts sooner or later, might as well get them now.
hey, im gonna be in need for some new struts too. can ya tell me why, how much, and where you got the yellows? what others does koni offer? my budget is extremely tight but i need somethin that will be able to handle sprints, thanks