4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 04:24 PM

need help!

i am hearing a thumping noise on the front right passenger side of the car near the front wheel. The noise only comes when i take my foot off of the gas pedal but as soon as i touch the gas or brake the noise stops. Does anyone have some advice to what the noise might be, if so thanks!!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Proud Maxima Owner

Could be a number of things. I would suggest jacking the car up. With both hands try pulling in and out on the wheel see if there is any play. I would inspect all suspension components, and check all brake parts to see if there is anything loose. There are so many parts that make up your front end it could be anything. Best of luck.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Under the radar

yeah agreed with the one above. my best guess would be either the strut giving up or the hub giving out.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Trajiksmax
Could be a number of things. I would suggest jacking the car up. With both hands try pulling in and out on the wheel see if there is any play. I would inspect all suspension components, and check all brake parts to see if there is anything loose. There are so many parts that make up your front end it could be anything. Best of luck.
werd, id check the wheel bearings first followed by tie rods and shock mounts, and the rest.....
Old 10-28-2006, 08:28 PM

thanks for the advice i will look into it...