4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help Needed !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:01 AM

Help Needed !!!

Well my maxima has done it again, I was about to go to the gym this morning, got in the car started her up go to put it in reverse and it doesent go! I try every gear, None go in. I just bled the clutch with a buddy of mine still the same thing. I got a worn out clutch but if the clutch took a dump itd at least go into gear just wouldnt deliver anything to the wheels, I need the car to get to work and have to fix this ASAP the fluid in the tank was REALLY dark. I dont know if im bleeding it wrong or is there something ****ed up but i need opinions and advice right now, i have a few hours till i have work. Some please help me.

Clifs - Doesent want to shift into any gears. Bled the clutch the same problem. When the car is off it goes in as it should so its nothing with the shift rods.

Has anyone had this happen to them before ? Could my slave cylinder be ****ed ? What do i need to do to get my car running right now !!!???
Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 PM

this happened to me on the way to work one, day but my resevoir was empty.

dark fluid isnt good but still could get you into gear. what is the peddle like? semi-firm? limps to the floor?
Did you bleed just the lower? just the upper? both?

still with a worn out clutch it should still go into gear and if anything slip badly when engaging.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Upper? Lower ? Say What ? the thing has two slave cylinders ?!

the pedal feels just like it does everyday I cant really feel the difference.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 PM

there are two places to bleed from. there is a nipple on the slave (lower, right there by the engine ground) and the other is by the top of the strut pointing towards the fender.

its recommended to bleed the lower and then the upper. I went to go to work one day and my car wouldnt go into gear, and the resevoir was low, I just bleed the upper and drove to work. The upper (by the strut tower) usually has most of the air/bubbles.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
there are two places to bleed from. there is a nipple on the slave (lower, right there by the engine ground) and the other is by the top of the strut pointing towards the fender.

its recommended to bleed the lower and then the upper. I went to go to work one day and my car wouldnt go into gear, and the resevoir was low, I just bleed the upper and drove to work. The upper (by the strut tower) usually has most of the air/bubbles.

Yep i found this link just right now, And now have an idea on what your talking about.

Thnx! ill go bleed them right now and see if it helps!
Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM

A little off subject but will bleeding help the hight at witch the clutch grabs or is there an ajustment for that.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:28 PM

it will help a little bit, I have bled my clutch to and the grab point became much lower, but it felt like a few days later like it was back to the height it was before the bleed. dont know if my leg got used to it or what.

either way, there is the shaft you can rotate behind the pedal to adjust the grab point of the clutch.

I had yet to sucessfully get my big **** hands or tools in there to get a half decent turn out of the shaft.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Mine is real high. I had a Accord befor I got the sweet max. I had my Master and slave replaced and bled. The clutch grabed right at the floor almost it was perfect. I will try to bleed it first and then ajust the shaft.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Ok, this SUCKS. i just Bled the two points and its still the SAME thing. The clutch just DOES not want to enguage. Well now i have all the time in the world pretty much, my car once again ****ed me. Eitherway is there anything else to be covered, is there a way to test my master and slave cylinder?