4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

just ordered CAI from Cattman..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 02:20 PM

i was supposed to order on monday but dind't get around to it till now..it was 199 plus shipping...pretty good i guess...i didn't feel like waiting for red so i got black..what is the difference between the new cattman one and the place racing..it says its made from place racing piping but the parts for assembly are higher quality..anyone have any feedback on this..
Old 07-06-2001, 06:19 PM

come on all

can i get a little feedback on this..thanks all...

saber
Old 07-06-2001, 06:57 PM
Licensed to Spell

Well...

... I don't understand why you are asking this question AFTER you already ordered it. And I also don't know why you are asking us instead of Brian himself. I too am in the market for CAI. I do toooooooons of homework before buying anything. I have been e-mailing back and forth with Brian for weeks now. He's pretty cool. Here is what I got for an answer when I asked him the same question you asked us:

The new CAI uses the PR upper and lower tubes, done in a deep black powdercoat that only I get. I've upgraded the other components, now it has custom black Purosil silicone hose, beefy T-bolt hose clamps, and a black-anodized billet aluminum MAF adapter (still has the K&N filter). Plus the price is reduced from $235 to $210 with a limited time
intro price of $199. I'll still custom order different colors from Place Racing (red, blue, yellow and silver) but that price will remain at $235.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:07 PM

Re: Well...

Originally posted by ptatohed
... I don't understand why you are asking this question AFTER you already ordered it. And I also don't know why you are asking us instead of Brian himself. I too am in the market for CAI. I do toooooooons of homework before buying anything. I have been e-mailing back and forth with Brian for weeks now. He's pretty cool. Here is what I got for an answer when I asked him the same question you asked us:

The new CAI uses the PR upper and lower tubes, done in a deep black powdercoat that only I get. I've upgraded the other components, now it has custom black Purosil silicone hose, beefy T-bolt hose clamps, and a black-anodized billet aluminum MAF adapter (still has the K&N filter). Plus the price is reduced from $235 to $210 with a limited time
intro price of $199. I'll still custom order different colors from Place Racing (red, blue, yellow and silver) but that price will remain at $235.
That's all good and well, but.. "what does it all mean?"
Which is better, and where can I order either as I'm also in the market and not doing nearly as much research as you seem to be doing. Thanks bud.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:31 PM
KCTYPHOON

cattman sucks.. bro.. do u really think hes buying it from them, and selling it to you cheaper??!!! with better parts??!! cattman is nothing more than a re-seller.. and wait and see if you have problems with the order. know what he's gonna do for ya?? give you place racings number and tell you to call them and take it up with them.. trust me.. i been through all this with him.. just buy it from place racing.. save yourself the heartache. if i were you id call him tomorrow and cancel the order and buy it from place racing.

Old 07-07-2001, 06:04 AM

pretty harsh..

that's a pretty harsh statement about cattman...ive heard that cattman has really good customer service and great products..why do you think poeple tend to lean towards the cattman Y...just my two cents...anyone else have problems with ordering the CAI from cattman..thanks

saber
Old 07-07-2001, 06:21 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: pretty harsh..

Cause KC is really bitter. Somehow he managed to mangle a FSTB.
Old 07-07-2001, 07:19 AM

any other opinions..

pretty funny..an fstb..lol..im pretty content with my order...has anyone else ordered the CAI from cattman and had any problems...thanks all...

saber
Old 07-07-2001, 07:28 AM

I have ordered the Y pipe from him and we are still waiting. He should have stock in Monday or tuesday from what the ladies at the warehouse said.

Personally, I am getting my CAI from a totalled MAX. The other side was hit. My luck. If not, I would have bought from Brian. Stillen is too difficult to deal with in my experience. Hard to get questions answered when you call.

There is my three cents worth....
Old 07-07-2001, 09:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: pretty harsh..

Originally posted by NickStam
Cause KC is really bitter. Somehow he managed to mangle a FSTB.
Old 07-07-2001, 10:44 AM
Licensed to Spell

Re: Re: Re: pretty harsh..

O.K., some more info. I got from Brian about his new CAI:

Its my preference to make up the kit because it costs me a little less, and in the case of the clamps and MAF adapter, you're getting a little higher quality of component than Gilbert uses with his. He still uses basic radiator clamps, Gilbert's pretty frugal and I just can't seem to interest him in using six $2+/each T-bolt clamps per unit. My machinist seems to get a little more out of his CNC, so my MAF adapter is microfinished and black anodized, whereas PR's has some prominent machining ridges and is left as raw aluminum. I'd say that my hoses are better, but they're better than PR's used to be because Gilbert got in on the Purosil hose deal I set it up for my special black CAIs because I didn't like the radiator hose he used. Purosil is expensive, but I lined up such a good supplier he's paying less for the Purosil cut to length than he was for the radiator hose in 20' sticks. In return for my scouting the deep deal, he lets me piggyback on his discount and pay one-third the $/inch that I would buying alone.

This has been my experience with Brian. He is a cool guy. He is very knowledgable about the Maxima. He was very friendly in person when I met him at Stillen day this year. He will always answer your e-mail questions personally. HOWEVER,once you even try talk price, he stops e-mailing. We were going back and forth, back nd forth with CAI questions and he was being so kind and helpful. As soon as I wrote "Brian, you have been so helpful to me and I really appreciate it so I would prefer to give you my business, however, custommaxima has the P.R. CAI in silver for $219 shipped, yurs is $230 plus shipping. Could you please match this price?" Well, I never heard back. Note I didn't even ask him to beat it, just match. I am a college student and $26 makes a difference (an hour and a half's work!). This happened a year ago as well with his FSTB. Once I said I would prefer to give him the business but I can get it here for this, can you please come down just a bit, the e-mails ceased. Oh well, other than that, he's pretty cool.
Old 07-07-2001, 11:55 AM
KCTYPHOON

hmm...

well just to let people know what to expect if the case comes up of having a problem with cattmans order. i did return my order to cattman (as he requested)and disputed the bill with citibank. i sent citiback 10 pages of information, to educate them on parts and try to answer as many questions as they had. along with that i sent a copy of receipt from ups that i got when i shipped it back to him. the latest letter i recieved from citibank states "the merchant has no record of receiving the merchandise that you returned". so, just to give a little insight on how business is actually conducted of there.. this is the last from me on the topic...

Old 07-16-2001, 03:12 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: hmm...

Originally posted by KCTYPHOON
well just to let people know what to expect if the case comes up of having a problem with cattmans order. i did return my order to cattman (as he requested)and disputed the bill with citibank. i sent citiback 10 pages of information, to educate them on parts and try to answer as many questions as they had. along with that i sent a copy of receipt from ups that i got when i shipped it back to him. the latest letter i recieved from citibank states "the merchant has no record of receiving the merchandise that you returned". so, just to give a little insight on how business is actually conducted of there.. this is the last from me on the topic...
If this was really the last from you on this topic, you would have dropped it months ago like a mature adult. But, no, you continue to discredit yourself by continuing to bring it up again. Why do you think no one gives a rat's rear end about your opinion?

This just further damages your already ruined reputation. I was under the illusion that you would drop this so that I wouldn't further pursue your banishment from dot org. Clearly, I'm dreaming on that one....
Old 07-16-2001, 09:01 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Re: hmm...

Originally posted by bill99gxe

If this was really the last from you on this topic, you would have dropped it months ago like a mature adult. But, no, you continue to discredit yourself by continuing to bring it up again. Why do you think no one gives a rat's rear end about your opinion?

This just further damages your already ruined reputation. I was under the illusion that you would drop this so that I wouldn't further pursue your banishment from dot org. Clearly, I'm dreaming on that one....
thats a matter of opinion my friend.. ive done plenty in here to help out other members. ive bought/ sold parts, answered many questions and have offered alot of advice to those that asked. as far as my reputation goes, if you along with mabye 3 other people think i am not fit to offer a legitimate opinion, then simply dont read my posts.. simple as that. funny that others can post " boycott stillen" and you have nothing to say on the matter. if i cant offer my own personal experiences dealing with vendors, than what good is this forum to begin with? i dont make people do anything, they have a mind of their own and can make their own decesions. weather it be to buy from cattman, stillen or whoever. and personally i see no difference between the opinions i place about cattman and the opinions you place upon me. so , doesnt that make you sort of a hipicrit (spelling?) anyway? your doin the same thing i am, just directed at a different person. a "mature adult" im sure would be able to notice this though huh? if everyone in this forum is against me being a member as you claim, then why is that a number of the questions i have posted have yeilded massive amounts of responses with people trying to help me? also, i dont see you giving me a pat on the back when i help some one save a hundred bucks telling them how to paint their own tail lights, or keep them from ruining the ones the just bought tryin to experiment on their own? or how bout when i post a dozen pictures showing how someone can make their own custom mesh grille that looks factory for only 12 bucks? you dont consider that as a positive contribuion to the forum? im sure others would disagree with you pal.. why dont you ask the number of people that emailed asking for more pics of my car, how i made my grille, how i painted my tail lights, how i painted all my moldings, what a car looks like with h&r springs, how a car looks with this rim size on it, how the addco sway bar is, what kind of system do i have, and so on and so on. i think the person that has done the most "bashing" in here has been you, and i think that last post of yours discredits your own reputation as a "mature" adult. AND if you actually took the time and effort to read everything in here which is what i imagime is "suppose" to be your primary function of this forum, you would have responed to this god knows how long ago. this thing must be on page 13 by now and you just gettin around to another of your crude and poorly though out responses. im sure you havent noticed any of the similar complaints about some of the vendors performace when it comes to customer satisfaction when they are asked to stand behind their products. also, like i said from the get-go, if cattman would have done the rite thing, HE would have gained a loyal customer, and I would have spent the near $1,000 last week with his company instead of his competiton.. but then again, what do i know? i should have just asked you, cause u seem to feel that when u speak that you speak for everyone.. have a nice day

Old 07-16-2001, 09:23 PM
KCTYPHOON

and another thing..

dont be under the assumption that you can hide behind your "moderator" label when you launch a PERSONAL attack on me when i comment on the experiences i had with a COMPANY. everything ive said in that last post was brought upon by YOU and i responed in the same manner as yourself. i am not about to sit here and let you come down on me with and do nothing about it. if you can do it, and your a moderator, than so can i. fair is fair. if anything, your the one setting the poor example here being a person of such "high status" <cough>haha<cough> ahem.. exucse me my throat hurts.. i can only hold on the the dream that one day with alot of hard work and prayer, i can be a moderator just like you.. mabye then i can sleep at nite. :P

Old 07-16-2001, 10:09 PM

Re: and another thing..

You know, as just an average .org member, I must admit that when I read your post I was like, "Oh man. Not this yahoo again." But you did make some very good points, and so I did a little search. And out of 203 posts that you have made, only about 38 of them are negative cattman posts. (Frankly I was expecting a lot more.) Now I see that you had a bad experience with a company, and you have your right to talk about it.

Anyhow, I just want to apologize to you because I had a picture that you were this raving anti-cattman lunatic, but it is nice to see that this is not the case.

I hope that there aren't too many people like me that just remember the things that were said in the heat of the moment, and won't give you a break to talk about anything else.
Old 07-16-2001, 10:29 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Re: and another thing..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by strattao
You know, as just an average .org member, I must admit that when I read your post I was like, "Oh man. Not this yahoo again." But you did make some very good points, and so I did a little search. And out of 203 posts that you have made, only about 38 of them are negative cattman posts. (Frankly I was expecting a lot more.) Now I see that you had a bad experience with a company, and you have your right to talk about it.

Anyhow, I just want to apologize to you because I had a picture that you were this raving anti-cattman lunatic, but it is nice to see that this is not the case.

I hope that there aren't too many people like me that just remember the things that were said in the heat of the moment, and won't give you a break to talk about anything else.
[/QUOTE LOL.. 38? just wondering, but im guessing that you counting all the responses from the one main post i had about cattman rite? you gotta be.. lol. but 4 real.. who do you think is more in the wrong here? this post had been untouched for god knows.. a while. until he responded. it not that he just responded to it, but the manner of how he did it. as a moderator, this guy is suppose to be a person of fair judgement, setting examples for the rest of the members, and look at how he comes off? ***** like.. to think hes better than everyone else to the piont that he thinks he can single out a member and degrade them without having to worry of consequences. in my opinion he should be banished for displaying poor leadership qualities of a moderator. i think his own post does more damage to his character than mine ever could..

Old 07-16-2001, 10:36 PM
KCTYPHOON

and his "JUST SAY NO" banner is really helping his case on this one.. dont ya think?? hehe. also.. before i foreget, i just wanted to say THANK YOU. its nice to see that there are people in here like yourself that remain open-minded

Old 07-17-2001, 12:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: hmm...

thats a matter of opinion my friend.. ive done plenty in here to help out other members.

No one said you haven't. You just don't know when to let things go and move on with life.

ive bought/ sold parts, answered many questions and have offered alot of advice to those that asked.

No offense, but we shouldn't start comparing resumes as to who has contributed more.....

as far as my reputation goes, if you along with mabye 3 other people think i am not fit to offer a legitimate opinion, then simply dont read my posts.. simple as that.

I try not to, and wouldn't pay attention to your posts except that you are once again trying blame Brian for something that was your own fault.

funny that others can post " boycott stillen" and you have nothing to say on the matter.

That's a sad comparison. The problems with Stillen is a distinct pattern and has occurred to many members here while the problems with Cattman occur on a much more seldom basis, and you seem to be about the only one bitter about your experience. I guess that makes you "special".

if i cant offer my own personal experiences dealing with vendors, than what good is this forum to begin with?

Offering personal experiences and spamming every forum here with your foul mouth posts (which were deleted) are two different things. You decided to take the immature route and you got called on it.

i dont make people do anything, they have a mind of their own and can make their own decesions. weather it be to buy from cattman, stillen or whoever. and personally i see no difference between the opinions i place about cattman and the opinions you place upon me.

The opinions placed on Cattman by you allowed me to place the same opinions on yourself to make you think next time before trying to blame others for your own problem.

doesnt that make you sort of a hipicrit (spelling?) anyway?

It's called illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Giving you a taste of your own medicine. Unfortunately, you decidied to go personal so now it's just a bitter war.

your doin the same thing i am, just directed at a different person.

Very good. You're catching on. How long did it take you to figure that out?

if everyone in this forum is against me being a member as you claim,

I never claimed that, so please stop lying to make yourself look better. I claimed that you damaged your reputation through your own comments and several members would no longer value your opinion.

then why is that a number of the questions i have posted have yeilded massive amounts of responses with people trying to help me?

We're a helpful group. I choose not to help because I don't particularly care for you being here.

also, i dont see you giving me a pat on the back when i help some one save a hundred bucks telling them how to paint their own tail lights, or keep them from ruining the ones the just bought tryin to experiment on their own? or how bout when i post a dozen pictures showing how someone can make their own custom mesh grille that looks factory for only 12 bucks?

No one is holding a gun to your head and asking you to contribute. Quite frankly, I thought you were contributing quite well (yes, I keep an eye on the posts here of certain members). But I warned you last time and I'm warning you again: Whenever, however you put down Cattman, you'll be getting a response from me.

why dont you ask the number of people that emailed asking for more pics of my car, how i made my grille, how i painted my tail lights, how i painted all my moldings, what a car looks like with h&r springs, how a car looks with this rim size on it, how the addco sway bar is, what kind of system do i have, and so on and so on.

We don't need to get into a measuring contest as to who contributes more. I doubt you would be the victor. I prefer not to overly broadcast my contributions, but let them stand on their own merit. My ego doesn't need to be stroked by what I do here.....

i think the person that has done the most "bashing" in here has been you, and i think that last post of yours discredits your own reputation as a "mature" adult.

Why? Because you were asked nicely to quit bashing Cattman and you have continued?

AND if you actually took the time and effort to read everything in here which is what i imagime is "suppose" to be your primary function of this forum, you would have responed to this god knows how long ago.

You really have no clue who you are messing with, do you?

this thing must be on page 13 by now and you just gettin around to another of your crude and poorly though out responses.

crude and poorly thought out.....that's funny.....

also, like i said from the get-go, if cattman would have done the rite thing, HE would have gained a loyal customer, and I would have spent the near $1,000 last week with his company instead of his competiton..

That would have required you to do the right thing in the first place and admit you screwed up your own FSTB.....but, you chose not to.

but then again, what do i know? i should have just asked you, cause u seem to feel that when u speak that you speak for everyone..
When I speak, I speak for myself and also observe other member's responses. I'm not the only here who thinks you were out of line in your "bash Cattman" campaign.....
Old 07-17-2001, 01:02 PM

Re: and another thing..

dont be under the assumption that you can hide behind your "moderator" label when you launch a PERSONAL attack on me when i comment on the experiences i had with a COMPANY.

When have I hidden from anything? I think my moderated forums are the only ones we HAVEN't been at odds in. How can I be hiding? I'm right here.

everything ive said in that last post was brought upon by YOU and i responed in the same manner as yourself.

Nice revisionist historical account. What's sad is some newbies will actually believe it...

i am not about to sit here and let you come down on me with and do nothing about it.

That's fine. Who's stopping you? Just keep in mind I won't let you get away with bash Cattman posts. Or is it a one-way street where only you can do the bashing?

exucse me my throat hurts..

I could say something good here, but I'll refrain.

i can only hold on the the dream that one day with alot of hard work and prayer, i can be a moderator just like you.. mabye then i can sleep at nite. :P
That's how I got here.....except I didn't bash companies for my own screw-ups and try to spam every forum and blame everyone else but myself.......
Old 07-17-2001, 01:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: and another thing..

who do you think is more in the wrong here? this post had been untouched for god knows.. a while.

You were warned that this would happen and you chose to ignore the warning. I'm just backing up what I said I would do.

it not that he just responded to it, but the manner of how he did it. as a moderator, this guy is suppose to be a person of fair judgement, setting examples for the rest of the members, and look at how he comes off?

As someone who means what they state. You didn't heed the warning and you got called on it. I guess it's my fault....

***** like.. to think hes better than everyone else to the piont that he thinks he can single out a member and degrade them without having to worry of consequences.

You're being degraded? How? You've been "singled out" through your own actions, not mine.

in my opinion he should be banished for displaying poor leadership qualities of a moderator. i think his own post does more damage to his character than mine ever could..
That's your opinion......fortunately you have zero power. Otherwise we would have a separate "Bash Cattman" forum.

Again, if you continue to bash Cattman you will continue to be called on it by me.

KCTYPHOON,

I honestly have no desire to go back and forth with you on this. I've resolved myself to simply not responding to your posts or participating in your threads, and quite honestly that has worked quite well for the past couple of months. By your posts the last several weeks, you have resolved yourself to re-establish your reputation here, which I admire.

I expect members here to take my warnings seriously and not disrespect them. There were better ways you could have stated your dislike for Cattman's customer service rather than "cattman sucks...". I've been harsh with you because I don't appreciate having to repeat myself.

I do want you to continue your contributions here, but I won't sit here and let you bash Cattman for circumstances surrounding your order that are clearly questionable on both ends. Cattman was not completely innocent, but neither were you.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:12 PM

I agree with what you say Bill

I remember reading all of the stuff that went down between these two, and I did read a lot of it. If for nothing but entertainment.

Flaming someone in any instance is never a good thing, and I do believe that in just about every case KCTYPHOON was out of line in the things he said about Cattman. Dealing occasionally with customer service, I must admit that I am more willing to help someone when they are nice and friendly about things vs. someone being brash and abrupt.

I do agree with you in meeting these types of posts with your responses when they get out of hand. I commend you in your cool demeanor as you handle the childish posts.
However, I have said some stupid things in my time, and I hope that I will not be remembered for those. I would hope that KCTYPHOON feels the same way, and will just move on.
Old 07-17-2001, 02:56 PM

Re: I agree with what you say Bill

Originally posted by strattao
I remember reading all of the stuff that went down between these two, and I did read a lot of it. If for nothing but entertainment.

Reading these posts for entertainment is like looking at a bad car crash as you pass. You hate to admit you are doing it but it happens. I fall in this catagory too.

I do agree with you in meeting these types of posts with your responses when they get out of hand. I commend you in your cool demeanor as you handle the childish posts.
However, I have said some stupid things in my time, and I hope that I will not be remembered for those. I would hope that KCTYPHOON feels the same way, and will just move on.
There have been several threads of late that have turned into "FLAME" wars. I am not a dudley-do-right by any means but there has to be a line between explaining a negative experience to others in the forum without crossing into slander or something of the like. The moderator's goal is to manage that line. I think that it would be beneficial for all of us to respect comments of others. If the comments of others become overly offensive, then we need to respect the authority of the moderators and follow their directive.
If there is a difference in opinion with the moderator, the ability to send a private e-mail should be used to resolve the issue. The verbal confrontations have distracted from the main goal of this style of forum: Share helpful information and have fun.

If I post a thread and make a comment to be funny and it offends, I will be the first to apologize and move on once it has been brought to my attention.

To be sure, I have listened to ALL advice from members that have patiently responded to my posts for answers. I have learned from those answers. I would rather spend more time reading funny stories about racing V8 cars and screwing up a rear tailight assembly and insightful advice on how to install a FSTB than read pages of flame wars. In short, take it outside if you have an issue with the rules of forum.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by BlackMax62
i was supposed to order on monday but dind't get around to it till now..it was 199 plus shipping...pretty good i guess...i didn't feel like waiting for red so i got black..what is the difference between the new cattman one and the place racing..it says its made from place racing piping but the parts for assembly are higher quality..anyone have any feedback on this..
By the way BlackMax62, Did you ever get your CAI and get it installed? If so, how do you like the sound difference and performance gain. The CAI that I referenced earlier in this thread is a PRI (Red) and I am liking it pretty well. I did get one modification to it though that Brian doesn't carry. It is a bypass air valve of sorts just in case I should ever find myself in high water and don't want to try and combust water, this valve shuts on the change in pressure and pulls air from inside the engine compartment.
Old 07-17-2001, 03:49 PM
KCTYPHOON

in response to your comparison between cattman and stillen: of course stillen will have more mishaps in their dealings with customers like us. how can you even begin to compare the two? cattman performance consists of what? mabye 4 people? if hes lucky? and only sells a handfull of products, most of which are not his own to begin with. on the other hand, stillen apeals to a much broader market, and probably has 100x more customers than cattman.so of course you will here of more mishaps. the issue of the fstb i purchased from cattman was dropped months ago. it was the issue of returning it that became the problem. when i have the shipping recepit, time and date it was delivered, and the name of the person who signed for it, and cattman replies that he has no record of it, thats dirty business. flat out lies and drastically distorting the truth is just wrong. and if you honestly contiune to belive that i cant tighten 6 bolts, its a reflection on how close minded you actually are. you chose to rely on sarcastic remarks in an attempt to make you points, which you have done. also, i wasnt trying to compare who contirbutes more, i was merely stating that i do. i said earlier, that was the last i was going to say on the matter, but you couldnt leave it alone, you chose to persue the subject. why dont you do us both a favor and do as you said, ignore my posts. it seems to work well.

Old 07-17-2001, 09:09 PM

To The Moderator: Don't post this if you don't want to. I only mean this as constructive feedback. There must be some bad blood here. I don't know. But with all due respect, my two-cents worth is:

The Moderator should moderate. Period. If The Moderator finds a post objectionable, The Moderator should simply delete it and notify the offender via private e-mail to cut it out. As a rule, The Moderator should praise in public, punish in private. Why should we suffer as a heated public exchange drags on? The Moderator should *pull the plug* on that, not perpetuate it! If a guy has a beef with Cattman, I'd like to hear about it. I can make my own call who's right and who's wrong. Move the post to OT, delete it, or banish the guy forever... and let's get on down the road. Public scoldings just don't seem to work. They're tedious.

The Moderator should be impartial. If it's "OK" to post *Boycott Stillen* then it's "OK" to say that Cattman sucks. (I don't agree with either of these points, by the way.) It's all or nothing. The rules must apply to *all* members equitably and fairly.

The Moderator should intervene publicly only if it becomes absolutely necessary to do so. If The Moderator stays out of the fray, we can appeal to him as a higher authority. If The Moderator is constantly in the fray, his ability to moderate is proportionally diminished. If The Moderator is going to post on the same plane as a member, The Moderator should do so under a NAME, not as a "Moderator".

And lastly, The Moderator should always take the high road.

That's it. If I offended anyone, I apologize. And please, if I need spanked, will The Moderator please not crucify me on the board? A private nasty-gram will suffice! :-) Have a good one.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:11 PM
KCTYPHOON

Originally posted by bullseye
To The Moderator: Don't post this if you don't want to. I only mean this as constructive feedback. There must be some bad blood here. I don't know. But with all due respect, my two-cents worth is:

The Moderator should moderate. Period. If The Moderator finds a post objectionable, The Moderator should simply delete it and notify the offender via private e-mail to cut it out. As a rule, The Moderator should praise in public, punish in private. Why should we suffer as a heated public exchange drags on? The Moderator should *pull the plug* on that, not perpetuate it! If a guy has a beef with Cattman, I'd like to hear about it. I can make my own call who's right and who's wrong. Move the post to OT, delete it, or banish the guy forever... and let's get on down the road. Public scoldings just don't seem to work. They're tedious.

The Moderator should be impartial. If it's "OK" to post *Boycott Stillen* then it's "OK" to say that Cattman sucks. (I don't agree with either of these points, by the way.) It's all or nothing. The rules must apply to *all* members equitably and fairly.

The Moderator should intervene publicly only if it becomes absolutely necessary to do so. If The Moderator stays out of the fray, we can appeal to him as a higher authority. If The Moderator is constantly in the fray, his ability to moderate is proportionally diminished. If The Moderator is going to post on the same plane as a member, The Moderator should do so under a NAME, not as a "Moderator".

And lastly, The Moderator should always take the high road.

That's it. If I offended anyone, I apologize. And please, if I need spanked, will The Moderator please not crucify me on the board? A private nasty-gram will suffice! :-) Have a good one.
<----- < CLAPPING HANDS >. thats gotta hurt..

Old 07-18-2001, 11:31 PM

i was just wondering what all goes into installing a cai. I'm in the market as well but really have no idea how i'm gonna install. i would kinda like to know before i ordered something...
thanks
Old 07-19-2001, 04:30 AM

Originally posted by jay_johnson
i was just wondering what all goes into installing a cai. I'm in the market as well but really have no idea how i'm gonna install. i would kinda like to know before i ordered something...
thanks
In general terms, your airbox and all it's pieces will be removed and the square section where your sensors are will be put back in line with the new tubing. You will need to remove a piece of plastic at the base of your fender near the ground so that you can attach the cone style airfilter to the air intake. That piece will go back on. The tubing will come through the fender (about a 3" hole) just below your battery. Somewhere there is a how to on this. If you send a new thread, you will probably get some responses. Most of the CAI kits come with instructions.
Old 07-19-2001, 07:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jay_johnson
thanks
Check out www.maximadriver.com
Cheston has a great How-to on the CAI install
Old 07-19-2001, 07:34 AM

<----- < CLAPPING HANDS >. thats gotta hurt..
Ya know......just keep pushing the right buttons......just keep on pushing......

I don't have to respond to member "bullseye" because he respectfully gave his opinion. It's not necessary to take issue with members who respectfully construct their thoughts and use proper grammar. His opinion stands on its own merit, not jacked up with little attacks and pokes like yours.

I extend an olive branch, you chose to extend a match. It's noted for the record.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ya know......just keep pushing the right buttons......just keep on pushing......

I don't have to respond to member "bullseye" because he respectfully gave his opinion. It's not necessary to take issue with members who respectfully construct their thoughts and use proper grammar. His opinion stands on its own merit, not jacked up with little attacks and pokes like yours.

I extend an olive branch, you chose to extend a match. It's noted for the record.
uhoh..
Old 07-19-2001, 12:09 PM

update

well the CAI should be arriving on friday the 20th and installed on saturday if i can get my hands on the hole saw...so ill keep everyone posted...

to justify my order from cattman...to put it simply...many poeple say that the cattman ss y is the best one on the market and have had good relations with cattman...so why should the CAI be any less in quality...also the piping is supplied by place racing so the sound should be similar if not the same...

saber
Old 07-19-2001, 12:34 PM

Re: update

well the CAI should be arriving on friday the 20th and installed on saturday if i can get my hands on the hole saw...so ill keep everyone posted...

to justify my order from cattman...to put it simply...many poeple say that the cattman ss y is the best one on the market and have had good relations with cattman...so why should the CAI be any less in quality...also the piping is supplied by place racing so the sound should be similar if not the same...

saber
Have fun with the installation and the results. You should like it pretty well. Just be sure if you have an automatic to take your first test drive with the gas pedal on the floor. The sound from the intake is great when the engine is sucking all that air. Mine whistles a little with the a/c on too.

The best deal is the one you are happy with same as any other thing in the world. If you get your intake and are happy, you are good to go.
Old 07-19-2001, 01:34 PM

Re: Re: and another thing..

You know, as just an average .org member, I must admit that when I read your post I was like, "Oh man. Not this yahoo again." But you did make some very good points, and so I did a little search. And out of 203 posts that you have made, only about 38 of them are negative cattman posts. (Frankly I was expecting a lot more.)

Since there seems to be some ignorance from our newer members as to what all transpired, here is a historical account of what happened originally:

Maybe this will help a little:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=30651
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=31879

Then it got worse:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=30858

Cattman's response:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=31534

Please keep in mind the "original" thread was deleted, and that I deleted several of his post attempts in the forums I moderated.

The "38 out of 203 posts" isn't accurate as a percentage when you consider his post count at the time when he posted this. The percentage has gone down dramatically since because the topic hadn't been discussed in 3 months, giving KCTYPHOON time to build up his post count.

I've generally admired his efforts since, and am disappointed that he decided to throw the dirty laundry back out of the hamper.

Now I see that you had a bad experience with a company, and you have your right to talk about it.

And no one infringed on his talking about it. Keep in mind it's a privilege, not a right.

Keep in mind that he dug his own grave with credibility, not anyone else. His posts were his thoughts and his thoughts make him accountable. There's nothing wrong with forgiveness and moving on, but KCTYPHOON hasn't seemed interested with letting it completely go.
Old 07-19-2001, 06:32 PM

Re: update

saber
Oh, Yeah... We were talking about your new CAI install!

Hey, just in case you don't know, make sure you use a hole saw designed to cut steel. They're generally painted white. Standard duty hole saws are usually black or not painted at all, and are designed to cut wood, brass, aluminum, plastic and other relatively soft materials. If you try to go low-ball and buy the cheap one, you're just going to be hugely disappointed, and end up buying the good one anyway! Trust me... Good luck.
Old 07-20-2001, 06:46 AM

Re: Re: Re: and another thing..

Keep in mind that he dug his own grave with credibility, not anyone else. His posts were his thoughts and his thoughts make him accountable. There's nothing wrong with forgiveness and moving on, but KCTYPHOON hasn't seemed interested with letting it completely go. [/B]
I agree. I was hoping that he could've given it up, and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just don't know when to quit. All I was hoping to do was to say that I thought his credibility was in the toilet when he made all of those stupid posts. And that he should just drop it.

By the way KCTYPHOON, did you ever post a picture of your FSTB? I still would be interested in seeing it.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 07-20-2001, 04:58 PM

Thank you. Keep up the good work. I appreciate you.
Old 07-21-2001, 09:55 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: Re: Re: Re: and another thing..

I agree. I was hoping that he could've given it up, and I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some people just don't know when to quit. All I was hoping to do was to say that I thought his credibility was in the toilet when he made all of those stupid posts. And that he should just drop it.

By the way KCTYPHOON, did you ever post a picture of your FSTB? I still would be interested in seeing it.

Can't we all just get along?
do i have a pic of it? umm.. no. the fstb is back home with brain catts, if you would like a picture of it i suggest that you get in touch with him concerncing that. although, i dont think he would be willing to do that because that wouldnt help the story he gave citibank stating " the merchant has no record " of having received his bar back. just for the record, due to much mis-information, the "bar" itself was fine. it was the bracket that bolts on the strut tower that was the problem. the arch which receives all the force wasnt up-to-par, and bent up to relive itslef as i turned the bar. as far as you go bill.. enough already. im sick and tired of coming back and checking this thread just to see that your whining again. the fact that you are now on the defensive is reward enough for me after all the b.s. and nonsense ive heard from you.. this is like arguing with a two year old where you always have to get the last word. the whole "bash cattman" post i ran as you called it was short lived. the "38 bash cattman posts" were all in like a four day span. i moved on, but YOU insisted on reviving the argument. do everyone a favor, leave it be. im intitled to post my own opinions and i feel that IS my right as a memeber especialy if you feel you have the right to persuse a public scolding. dont continue to waste everyone's time pleading you case to the world, cause frankly, NOBODY CARES. and as far as my "incorrect grammar" goes, i am not the type of person to spend my spare time looking up "big" words in an attempt to appear intelectually superior (did ya like that one bill?). you always bring up my "credibility", and how ive been using the time to try and rebuild it. do you honstly think im trying to redeem myself in some way? so i can infultrate the maxima.org forum and sell secret information to the honda fans??? your rite bill.. this has all been one big scam that i was trying to mastermind and it seems you've foiled my plans once again. damn.... im here because i like my car, and i wanted to learn the potential it had, and pass on my own experiences, and nothing more. as far as your olive tree goes, go scratch. its more than obvious that the only reason you pay me a compliment in a poor attempt to make a truce is just to cover your own *** (is that correct grammar bill?), after you realize that your own "credibiltiy" is now in jeapordy after your snide and immature remarks. if you keep insisting on turning this into MY thread, which it is not, i will keep responding and "pushing" your buttons in the hopes i can get you to jump off a bridge at some point in the near future.

Old 07-21-2001, 10:17 PM
KCTYPHOON

5 bucks says he's wondering if he should respond, 10 bucks says he does.. gotta get that last word in...

Quick Reply: just ordered CAI from Cattman..