4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clock not lit up, emergency signal and defrost do not light up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Gotcha!

Clock not lit up, emergency signal and defrost do not light up

My clock has not worked since I purchased my 98 max last year. The emergency signal button still lit up when the lights were turned on. The defrost button was not lit up. After pulling them out to examine the clock and buttons, I disconnected all three of them and then put them back in. Now neither one of the buttons light up when the lights turn on but the clock still does not work... should I get a meter and probe the connections to see if it is the wiring or what fuse would it be...??

The buttons work, the emergency signal turns on and the defrost turns on. The yellow/orange light when the defrost is turned on works though.... so could it just be that the buttons are dead?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:35 PM

sounds like a fuse issue look in fuse box for im think accesorie(sp?) lighting
Old 03-13-2007, 09:51 PM

your bulbs may be burnt out, i replaced mine with led's but 2 of 3 already died too.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:42 PM

I just had (or realized) this exact same problem yesterday. I was bored so I was messing around with the mod for a white clock display. When I finished, I realized my hazard switch light and defroster switch light were not back lit. However, the hazard lights work if i press the botton and the defroster works if I press the button and the orange led for the defroster will light just as Swatspyder stated in his first post.

Thinking back, I want to say that both these buttons have not been glowing for awhile and I just realized it now because I was messing with the clock. However, I would like to get them glowing again (I'm a perfectionist and now that I have realized this problem I have to fix it ) . Any other suggestions? I haven't checked fuses yet because I didn't think there would be one fuse would control just the backlighting for the defroster and hazard buttons. I'll check though just to make sure.

Any other ideas? Would the write up for the led replacements fix this problem since they aren't even lit to begin with?

Thanks.