4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Fender Rolling TECHNIQUES

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:36 PM
maxima985spd

Fender Rolling TECHNIQUES

I need to roll my fenders. I am not looking for a link to roll fenders on a BMW or any other car. I know basically the same tool is used on every car, but what other tool can i use to roll my front and rear fenders? How do you Maxima guys do it??????

Thanks!

Old 03-25-2007, 01:50 PM
iAMIXAM!

are you talking about bending in the lil lip on the inner part of the fender that can cut your tire when you're dropped
Old 03-25-2007, 04:23 PM
maxima985spd

Yes sir! im thinking i can drop my car lower but atleast keep the fenders from scrubbing my tire sidewall.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by maxima985spd
I know basically the same tool is used on every car
but what other tool can i use to roll my front and rear fenders?
Didn't you just answer your own question?

How do you Maxima guys do it??????
The same way everyone else does - either borrow/rent the tool, use a baseball bat, or have a body shop do it.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM
maxima985spd

No I didn't answer my own question.

I know most people use that tool and I have heard about the baseball bat method. How is the baseball bat and/or other items used to roll the fenders? I'm looking for pictures or input from people that have already done it. And djfrestyl I know you haven't. People who have done it tell me any tips or tricks please...

Old 03-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Same basic approach should be the same for any car. So just google it.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
maxima985spd

I did google it. I saw BMWs and i think a Mazda. I want pictures and techniques for a maxima. if you havent done it on a maxima dont post in here. or if your maxima's front lip is over a soda can from the ground get the f out of here.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
supazn

I think you are not being reasonable, the same method is used to roll fenders on ALL cars...from Fords to Bentleys...how is a Maxima fender any different? It's all steel and paint, if you want to risk using a baseball bat then go ahead. Don't come running back crying that your paint chipped or if the roll is uneven. Just rent a machine or pay a shop to get the job done right. If it isn't in the Maxima DIY section then no one is likely to have pics that you are demanding...

Old 03-25-2007, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by supazn
I think you are not being reasonable, the same method is used to roll fenders on ALL cars...from Fords to Bentleys...how is a Maxima fender any different? It's all steel and paint, if you want to risk using a baseball bat then go ahead. Don't come running back crying that your paint chipped or if the roll is uneven. Just rent a machine or pay a shop to get the job done right. If it isn't in the Maxima DIY section then no one is likely to have pics that you are demanding...
Exactly, and to the OP stop being rude and you might get more help/responses.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Got Projectors?

Don't do the baseball bat method or anything like that.

The shop I hired to roll my rear fenders decided they'd use the handle off a floor jack to roll my fenders. Needless to say they paid to have body-work performed to fix the paint damage (and to have the fenders rolled properly).

Either get the tool, or find a QUALIFIED shop to roll your rear fenders. And if you don't want to crack/lose paint make sure you heat up the metal/paint with a heat gun and go slowly. Even then I'm not sure you'll escape paint damage entirely.

But to echo the others....it's no different on a Maxima than it is on any other car. Steel and paint react the same way when being bent out of shape. Doesn't matter what badge is on the hood.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
maxima985spd

Originally Posted by MetaOrbit
Don't do the baseball bat method or anything like that.

The shop I hired to roll my rear fenders decided they'd use the handle off a floor jack to roll my fenders. Needless to say they paid to have body-work performed to fix the paint damage (and to have the fenders rolled properly).

Either get the tool, or find a QUALIFIED shop to roll your rear fenders. And if you don't want to crack/lose paint make sure you heat up the metal/paint with a heat gun and go slowly. Even then I'm not sure you'll escape paint damage entirely.

But to echo the others....it's no different on a Maxima than it is on any other car. Steel and paint react the same way when being bent out of shape. Doesn't matter what badge is on the hood.
Probably the best post in this thread so far. I could care less if I'm rude or not. People will help no matter what.

How is the baseball bat method done? Do you just lower the car with a jack on top of the bat?

Old 03-25-2007, 05:52 PM
supazn

Probably the best post in this thread so far. I could care less if I'm rude or not. People will help no matter what.

How is the baseball bat method done? Do you just lower the car with a jack on top of the bat?
he just TOLD you NOT to use a baseball bat...what is wrong with you?

Old 03-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by supazn
he just TOLD you NOT to use a baseball bat...what is wrong with you?

He is a ignorant fool who can't read obviously.

/thread
Old 03-25-2007, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by buzpuck11
Exactly, and to the OP stop being rude and you might get more help/responses.
Originally Posted by buzpuck11
He is a ignorant fool who can't read

/thread
Old 03-25-2007, 06:33 PM

http://e46m3performance.com/installs...roll/index.htm

no, its not a maxima. but like everyone else is telling you, the same technique is used on ALL cars. so stop being an a$shole to people, they were just trying to help you at first until you started sh*t. and if you dont care if your being rude then keep being rude. ide love to see how long the mods keep you around here. and just incase you havnt noticed, until recently this forum was full of bullsh*ting and d*ckhead answers. and from my understanding those are no longer going to be tolerated. so keep 'being rude'.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:20 AM
Suspension Yoda

This is an excellent thread.

To the OP - you may want to try taking advice instead of dishing out crap to others who are trying to help you, just not worded exactly the way you want it. Like I said, you did answer your own question. It's the same technique for all cars. Maxima is no different. If you found a baseball bat method on a BMW, some principles go for the Maxima. If you're uncomfortable, have a shop do it. And as others said, baseball bat method is not suggested in general.

And, how could you possibly know if I have my fenders rolled or not?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

I did google it. I saw BMWs and i think a Mazda. I want pictures and techniques for a maxima. if you havent done it on a maxima dont post in here. or if your maxima's front lip is over a soda can from the ground get the f out of here.
The technique is the same for a Maxima, a Festiva, or a 7-series. If you have seen one write-up, you have seen them all.

You are teetering on p!$$!ng me off, here.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 AM
maxima985spd

thank you everyone for your input.