4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HOW TO: ADD HEATED SEATS & Interior Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 02:41 PM

HOW TO: ADD HEATED SEATS & Interior Overhaul

mess of spaghetti from the parts car

connectors that wizard recccomended were great

before
Old 04-06-2007, 02:42 PM

Tools needed
-wire strippers
-wire grounding kit
-MINI add a circuit (can be purchased from autozone)
-zip ties
-electrical tape

PARTS NEEDED
-heated seats from a Nissan maxima or infinity I-30
-OEM switches
-OEM wire harness

The overall install was a lot easier than I anticipated. Thanks to WIZARD and POOWILL for helping me out for they made everything 100000x easier. First off you want to get a hold of some heated seats from a junkyard or somewhere and hopefully they work. With the seats you also want to cut out the wire harness from the factory that runs under the carpet, along w the switches and wires that run to the center console.

There are 2 plugs underneath the seats. One for adjusting the seats and another for the heat. You can pretty much figure out what wires are the heating element ones from following them from inside the console.
There is only one wire that runs to the fuse panel, and there should be 4 black ground wires all together. .
Cut the ground wires from the rest of the harness at a considerable length depending on where u plan on grounding them. (I grounded mine under the console)

Other than the 4 grounds the only wire u should have to cut is the power wire which i cut all the way as close to the fuse panel as I could. This wire was white with gray dots.

U should now have your wiring harness separated.

Basically you are going to put the same harness back into your car the way you took it out.

connectors that will go to the switches on the console^

You will have to snake the power wire under your carpet from the console all the way down the side of your drivers door. The door panels will pop off if you give them a pull from the edge.
Once you have all your wires run, ground all 4 black wires under the center console,
(the console is removable by popping out the trim around the shifter than removing the two screws in the front and then two screws on the outsides in the rear.

The power wire which u should have snaked behind ur dash to your fuse panel needs to get power, so use the add a fuse and crimp the power wire into the provided add a fuse insert. Remove the MIRRORS fuse on the left of your panel. It should be under ACC, and this will only allow power when the ignition is on. Take the add a fuse and add two 10 amp fuses into the slots, and plug back into the MIRRORS fuse spot.

The other wires u should have ran under the carpet out through the power wire hole like so

Add the switches to the console by popping out the coin holders. Mine popped rite in since I have a 96 console

Now before reinstalling the center console, make sure the 4 black wires are grounded good, and the wires are correctly ran the right way. I taped mine to the other wire harness to keep them out of the way.

new seats
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Put everything back together now that you have all the wires ran. Install your new seats and test everything out. My switch lights didn’t light up so don’t panic if yours don’t. im gonna add LEDS to match the rest of my interior in the future.

I also redid the door panels which wasn’t too bad and swapped all seatbelts, and trim pieces.

Hope this helps some of your guys out. Once again special thanks to THE WIZARD (James)

Sorry If the write up is a little bad. im still hurtin from thursty thurs. If you have any Q’s shoot me a pm and ill help u out.
Peace
-nick

BTW i got black door panels and black interior parts if any of you guys are interested before i post a thread in the F/S section
Old 04-06-2007, 08:53 PM

congrats on the install. Not feeling the black and tan tho. Big color clash IMO. Do you have a interior light that isn't blue? haha. Again, glad to see the install went ok.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 PM

nice job man, I love your interior. I've been tossing around the idea of doing a full blue light interior. After seeing your interior I'm thinking that I should. Good job man.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thx for the info will do this sometime soon. good job!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I Broke OT

i'm just about to do this. i have heated seats installed and the switches ready to go but i thought that the harness was under the carpet somewhere. this will help a lot. nice write-up! you will probably get a PM from me in the near future.

and lol at the Everclear in the backseat? haha
Old 04-06-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cdg2125
congrats on the install. Not feeling the black and tan tho. Big color clash IMO. Do you have a interior light that isn't blue? haha. Again, glad to see the install went ok.
i was a little sketchy with considering the black tan and brown as well but i got a deal on a parts car that had heated seats so i was like why nott... i wanna add more black to the dash like the glove box in black and the dash in front of my knees under the steering wheel to give it more tri-tone haha. i kinda wish it was tan but lets just say its different..

Originally Posted by 86maxima96
i'm just about to do this. i have heated seats installed and the switches ready to go but i thought that the harness was under the carpet somewhere. this will help a lot. nice write-up! you will probably get a PM from me in the near future.

and lol at the Everclear in the backseat? haha
the install was easy. trust me.. yea that is everclear haha my cars a mess from commuting to school..

thanks for the compliments guys
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

A black center console and black steering wheel woudl really finish it off better than the brown.

JMO. Other than that, the car looks good. I'll try to add this to the stickys.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:40 AM
i has college

Very nice writeup. This will help me out if I ever decide to add leather seats. Good job!

I noticed you have the same floormats as me. Gotta love Costco.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:13 PM

I like it, nice job...my gxe didnt have the coin holders anyway, I like the Cefiro door steps.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by phenryiv1
A black center console and black steering wheel woudl really finish it off better than the brown.

JMO. Other than that, the car looks good. I'll try to add this to the stickys.
i know i know.. i was gonan do the steering wheel but airbags went off... then i was gonan do the glovebox but it was broken... ill figure something out.
QUESTION-i know u wanan sticky but wont the pics be unhosted after a few months?? maybe im wrong?

Originally Posted by EnervinE
Very nice writeup. This will help me out if I ever decide to add leather seats. Good job!

I noticed you have the same floormats as me. Gotta love Costco. :-)
thanks! yea costco mats FTW. i think they hold a gallon of water or some rediculous amount like that haha. "u know just in case our car gets caught in a flood, at least some water will be caught by the mats.."
they deff keep the interior clean as he11 tho
Old 04-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally Posted by happy4444
i know i know.. i was gonan do the steering wheel but airbags went off... then i was gonan do the glovebox but it was broken... ill figure something out.
QUESTION-i know u wanan sticky but wont the pics be unhosted after a few months?? maybe im wrong?
I have a dedicated 4th gen photobucket account to host "sticky" pictures.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 PM

alright, sick
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

interesting. nice work
Old 05-19-2007, 05:10 PM

just a quick question how did you swap out the cloth on the door panel for leather if you could pm or email me instructions on how you did this i would greatly appreciate it by the way nice install looks great