4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Max Vandalized!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 PM

Max Vandalized!

so i took a week off from my work. wake up next morning, go out for a smoke, and see my front driver door opened and my coat that what is the back hanging was laying on the ground outside the car..run to the car and get the biggest shock of my life. some one destroyed the the whole dash assembly, from freakin driver side door panel to the passenger side door panel, everything f*ckin DESTROYED.. wires laying here and there... DVD player gone... cds gone... climate control gone... all he wents in millions pieces.. paperwork sitting outside(like they were tryin to see who owns the car)...got out the car... and heres a big WHOLE about an inch long where the trunk locks supposed to be...looks like the tried to pry it out but didnot work so seems like they punched it or drilled that and a dent on the bumper right below that whole in the trunk...called cops, they just wote a report and left... then called the insurance FOCKERS, the guy comes in, walks around the car and checks everything just to see if its a total loss(i was like WTF, THIS CARS MY BABY)...i told him that i am freakin broke as Fock right now... after 4 & 1/2 hours hes got everything ready... $2400 for everything included but nothing for that $600 DVD PLAYER(coz it was a gift and i had it for about 3 months + lost the reciepts)..
Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM

and thats my 96 one
Old 04-11-2007, 12:25 PM

Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Old 04-11-2007, 12:37 PM

that theft was done by unprofessional theives

This is another reason i will never instal lany amplifiers, subwoofers or dvd players in my car, its not needed and atracts unwanted attention
Old 04-11-2007, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
that theft was done by unprofessional theives

yep... u r right... and its like someone knew that i had dvd in my car.. coz i got tinted windows and u cant see Sh*t inside cozits all black...

and i never played it with the screen out just used it for mp3s and stuff...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by khantalha
yep... u r right... and its like someone knew that i had dvd in my car.. coz i got tinted windows and u cant see Sh*t inside cozits all black...

and i never played it with the screen out just used it for mp3s and stuff...
so why do u need a dvd player then ? doesnt matter thats another story
PS: tinted windows are screaming i got something inside!!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:05 PM

so why do u need a dvd player then ? doesnt matter thats another story
PS: tinted windows are screaming i got something inside!!

i never had a cd player in either of my maxes so last Xmas i got is as a gift from my cousin...
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 PM

yea now im considering removing that sub in the back and trying to solve that problem where one of my speakers or something gets all static-y when my sub isnt connected. i can live w/o that extra base. maybe i should have my interior look like urs; rip out the mp3 player so it already looks like it got stolen.

sorry for your loss; its pretty painful to see those pictures d=/.

if they were inside ur car, couldnt they have popped the trunk? also wouldnt the alarm went off if they went into ur car, being that they were un-professional theives?
Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by evildoughboi
yea now im considering removing that sub in the back and trying to solve that problem where one of my speakers or something gets all static-y when my sub isnt connected. i can live w/o that extra base. maybe i should have my interior look like urs; rip out the mp3 player so it already looks like it got stolen.

sorry for your loss; its pretty painful to see those pictures d=/.

if they were inside ur car, couldnt they have popped the trunk? also wouldnt the alarm went off if they went into ur car, being that they were un-professional theives?
yeah i am wondering why didnt i get an alarm????
Old 04-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by evildoughboi

they most likely went for the trunk first, then saw the stuff inside too
Old 04-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Very sorry to see that happen to a Maxima.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:06 PM

SOrry to hear that man, very sloppy job never makes you feel any better about fixing it.. can't have anything these days I swear...
Old 04-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Ugh, having your car messed with is a horrible feeling. I still remember my stomach dropping when I came out to my car and saw the broken glass...totally sucks. At least insurance is covering (some of) your stuff though.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:53 PM

damn that sux...I remember when they stole my max, after when I got it back and was driving it, It just didn't feel right to me....I had to break it in again and get used to it....My max had been violated...Damn thieves!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM

arn't max's really hard to break into? i know in my province its not even on the list of most stolen or broken into and the list is like 350 vehicles long... i think the 90-93 max is about 340 on the list...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Hammy

Dude that would kill me if i woke up and saw my car like that, Sorry bout that.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:49 AM

oh yeah it was like an heart attack! man i am serious the way i treet my 96 is like its my girl you know. now i am gointo shave the trunk look tho.. plus i got a question; will i need a new harness and everything because thecut all the wires and stuff? and i am not sure but someone told me that when i buy my dash assembly tell those guyz not to cut the wires and stuff. coz i will need the new dash harness.. is that true?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Fuhget About It.....

Becareful dude, it wasnt too unprofessional. They knew what you had and how to take it. Groing up in NY I learned turn down your sounds blocks b4 you pull anywhere, dont blast it anywhere near your house or work. I used to sleep with a .45 nxt to my window(they tried to steal my IrocZ almost everyday till successful) I might of hit one of them, cause when they took it they brought it back totaled, like it was in a crash derby, worse than stripping it for me.

Anyway sorry to hear what happened, you live and learn!!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Thats a nice lookn max "NEARTHISBRIDGE"..
i was just wonderin what would be my best choice if i put a new security system in my max??? anybody???
Old 04-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Fuhget About It.....

I would get DEI branded 2 way must be a 2 way, if someone messes with it youll know about it, but if you do a search youll see a forum for it somewhere with recommendations.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:23 PM

sorry about ur loss.....Time to go shopping tho...-= )...i Know someone thats selling a list of goodies.

2 12" id max
2 alpine m-1005
1 alpine 4 channel amp
20 farad hybird cap by soundstream
eclipse dvd/nav player

But if you know care audio, this is some pricey stuff.

This is another reason i will never instal lany amplifiers, subwoofers or dvd players in my car, its not needed and atracts unwanted attention
If everyone thinks like you, there will be no body kits, no engine swaps, turbo's, superchargers, retrofits, exhaust or any kind of modding at all. I guess your car will be stock forever.....
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM

Totally sucks man, I am sorry. Makes me sick. Good luck with it.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 PM

max's arent that hard to break into one day after work i locked my keys in the car and it took the lock smith 2 minutes with a coat hanger a coat hanger to unlock the car door
Old 04-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Ridin' Spinnaz

Originally Posted by maxima_fan_boy
max's arent that hard to break into one day after work i locked my keys in the car and it took the lock smith 2 minutes with a coat hanger a coat hanger to unlock the car door
I still can't help but laugh that a locksmith would use a hanger.

Anywho, that really sucks...I'm always paranoid about leaving anything of value in the car visible from the windows (except for my head unit, of course), but there's really nothing you can do if they know via other means that there's stuff in there.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

that sucks; I once had a car stolen but insurance did me right - helped ease the pain some - still makes me angry!
Old 04-14-2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
If everyone thinks like you, there will be no body kits, no engine swaps, turbo's, superchargers, retrofits, exhaust or any kind of modding at all. I guess your car will be stock forever.....
Yup u got it, stock is great, just need some 99se rims and tint my windows and shave the trunk THATS IT and im ready to roll

having my old car stolen really taught me a lot; like not to keep ANYTHING in the car and to remove the face plate from my mp3 player every time i leave the car for more then 30 minutes
Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 AM

1986 car stolen alpine sterio in it
1989 toyota stolen ( prob same reason)
1992 car broken into Radio
1994 car broken into radio.
factory installed ever since never had a problem.
best story after work 1995 downtown Boston found a kid in driver side . smashed a bud bottle over his head.Bottle did not break but his head did.. Got arrested but later cops let me go after story. Frinkin dude took the blunt of 5 breakins. He also had to repay me for damage. AHHHHH sweet.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Damn hoboken sounds ilke u had some bad luck with ur rides.. atleast you got that last lil punk haha
Old 04-15-2007, 09:15 PM

Yup u got it, stock is great, just need some 99se rims and tint my windows and shave the trunk THATS IT and im ready to roll

having my old car stolen really taught me a lot; like not to keep ANYTHING in the car and to remove the face plate from my mp3 player every time i leave the car for more then 30 minutes
not saying that people don't leave it stock for reasons. But it sounded like you're saying he kind of deserved it by having all those things. Obviously there are places in NJ if i was living in, my car would be stock also. But i live in a pretty good neighborhood and don't have to worry about it much. When i park my car over night in the city, GPS and radar comes off the windshield tucked away with faceplate off. I'm not here to pick a fight, but thats what you sounded off coming as.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Shift_3.0

sorry about ur loss.....Time to go shopping tho...-= )...i Know someone thats selling a list of goodies.

2 12" id max
2 alpine m-1005
1 alpine 4 channel amp
20 farad hybird cap by soundstream
eclipse dvd/nav player

But if you know care audio, this is some pricey stuff.

Love my IDMAX. If I ever get enough money to get a second one, I can die a happy man.

Imma,
You make a solid point in your last post. I have a system, rims, tints, red/clears and clear corners. Im not bragging or anything, Im just saying it sticks out. And if you know anything about survival on the streets, you have to fit in...lol Everytime I drive to my grandparents house in Elizabeth I have the tendency to look out the window every half hour, lol. Im planning on moving to philly next year, thinking about just getting her back to looking as stock as possible. Its just not worth the hassle.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:32 PM

not saying that people don't leave it stock for reasons. But it sounded like you're saying he kind of deserved it by having all those things. Obviously there are places in NJ if i was living in, my car would be stock also. But i live in a pretty good neighborhood and don't have to worry about it much. When i park my car over night in the city, GPS and radar comes off the windshield tucked away with faceplate off. I'm not here to pick a fight, but thats what you sounded off coming as.
its all right i know what u mean, its not about the area where i live, he problem is where i work, and party.

doesn anyone think "the clubb" works ? (its that stick u put on the streering wheel) ive also seen the same thing for the break pedal
Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Shift_3.0

its all right i know what u mean, its not about the area where i live, he problem is where i work, and party.

doesn anyone think "the clubb" works ? (its that stick u put on the streering wheel) ive also seen the same thing for the break pedal
The club wont save your stereo, only a good security system will. If you are afraid of your car get stolen, the club wont do much against someone who knows what hes doing. All you have to do is cut the steering wheel and it comes right out. Im sure they already found a way to go around the brake "club". Invest in a good security system and I figure that novices wont be able to steal our cars anyways, with the chips in our keys...
Old 04-15-2007, 10:50 PM

4the gens (95-98) dont have immobilizers only the 99 has that (immobilizer = chip)

i have an alarm, thats the first thing i got on this car
Old 04-16-2007, 12:34 AM

No security system beats a tow truck.The only way to win is to not be a target.Theives wont break in if theres nothing of value.Unfortunately a stereo system or an ipod left in an 11 year old car says easy $$$ to lowlifes .
Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Godzilla

You didn't have a stock alarm?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
我爱台湾

It's easy to say to take your car back to stock but face it guys, stock looking or not if someone wants your car they will break in it whether you got tinted windows, rims, system or not. I've had stock cars broken into where I used to live. Your best bet is to get an alarm, period. 2 way car alarms work the best and there are other add-ons that make it just that much better. Tilt sensors, battery backups, and some even come with internet tracking. Check out DEI or Clifford car alarms.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Wil's95SE
It's easy to say to take your car back to stock but face it guys, stock looking or not if someone wants your car they will break in it whether you got tinted windows, rims, system or not. I've had stock cars broken into where I used to live. Your best bet is to get an alarm, period. 2 way car alarms work the best and there are other add-ons that make it just that much better. Tilt sensors, battery backups, and some even come with internet tracking. Check out DEI or Clifford car alarms.

Nothing buy buying a $3000 alarm for a $3000 car.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 AM

everyone is bringing up legit point here --- i think that Ricey looking cars get the most attention as opposed to cars that are moded in a more "mature" way

ex: like if u got blue lights everywhere huge a$$ chrome wheels and a F1 wing that doesnt match ur car then yeah ure looking for attention
Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM

thats why when i get my new car hopefully iam tinting the windows and putting a viper alarm in it the one were you have the diagram of the car on your remote so when somebreaks into your car or something it shows a crack or door open on the remote and it flashes red iam also gonna put a little camara in there to somewhere where they cant see it so if they break in ill know who they are. ill put one in the front and back window.