4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

modding huh

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM

modding huh

hey guys been a minute since i started a thread but i thought this would be an insightful one for the noobies and even the vet's here. i see alot of guys here catching the modding bugg and i can't blame them cause i was in the same boat when i first got my maxima. i was on here all day at work tryin to see what modds gave most hp and wat body kit looked best etc.... never until like 4 weeks ago have i even considered looking into a very serious alarm system for all those modds that i planned on putting in my car. i have invested a good amount of money on my performance modd and would like to keep them there. 4 weeks ago my car was broken into no window smashed or any damage to the body to suggest forced entry but some how they got in . when i walked to my car everything seemed normal i put my key in the door to open it and just got in to smoke like i do. still not fully woke i still dont know how i didnt immediatly notice that my whole mid dash section was pulled out very neatly ( no ripped wired which made me very happy) but anyway they still took my ish. my center vents was destroyed, ac control section disfigured,whole radio trim and radio gone, shifter trim gone, cup holder and change gone, handy tool box under my seat gone with the wind. the 1st thing i did was pop my hood and trunk to see if they were real maximaholics and knew they ish cuz they could of easily have taken ot my strut bar, and y-pipe brand new layin in the trunk (not there anymore) so im guessing they got wat they came for. didnt even bother to call nine eleven due to waste of time, but just left my car in that state so would be window shoppers would be likely to avoid a second attempt at an empty mid section. so i have been buying the parts off org members , and just bought another radio but i will not replace the missing items until i get a very very good alarm or alarms cause i do plan on modding my max to the fullest ( no honda wings of course) im just glad thats all they took and didnt want performance modds or else my car could have been tooken whole. they even took the locks to my rims so i dont know if they will try to come back but now i have to break my locks and get new ones. well to sum up the novel my fellow orger's plz look into a good alarm for your vehicles as i see alot more maxima's are being modded daily meaning more people will start lookin at yo ish for the taken of potential free parts and not look at it as the grocery getter with ballz. good luck and happy modding . oh yeah shout out to nismology for the mod positon hold it down in the all motor forum homie
Old 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sorry to hear about that, nothings worse then finding out your cars been broken into

But I have to agree.....Im horrible when I get a new car, its all I do and spend money on...but good advise I will put that on my list!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

yea i spent money on mine till some old lady hit me and now i beat it like the red headed step child, lol...hopeing it dies so i have a good excuse to get a new one.