4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Front Lighting - Post Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:27 PM

Front Lighting - Post Pics!

Lets see your 4th gen at night! I'm trying to decide which lighting combinations look best for the front. Also post what bulbs/HID kits you have, thanks. Post 'em up!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Kit: hellz naw.....RETROFIT FTW!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am sure an animal on the road picks the ugliest car to run in front of. How about what light system works the best in that you can see further down the road and to the side in rain, snow, fog or just that dark night with no moon light. Any suggestions? A pic can go with it, what looks the best may also work the best.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by nlmaxima
I am sure an animal on the road picks the ugliest car to run in front of. How about what light system works the best in that you can see further down the road and to the side in rain, snow, fog or just that dark night with no moon light. Any suggestions? A pic can go with it, what looks the best may also work the best.
this is kinda off topic but to answer your question...

the best is an HID retrofit. the sharp cutoff will have give it very good distance...i can see 1/8th of a mile in front of me...no joke! and the sunlike kelvin rating of stock, 4300k, hid bulbs allow the proper illumination of road signs, markings, and such. BUT for enclimate weather(fog, snow, rain) u need fog light projectors with yellow (3000k) hid bulbs. the yellow color cuts through the fog, snow, and rain with no reflection or haze.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Bacon Lover

Retrofitted headlights and fog lights
Old 04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Wild for Width

Where is the beam pattern on the road from the fogs?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
Where is the beam pattern on the road from the fogs?
Mine? It has a sharp cutoff and the beam is EXTREMELY wide, but the reason it's wide is because of the fresneled lenses on the fog light housings themselves, which also kill output a bit and actually curve the cutoff. The cutoff is sharp, but it is higher on both ends and dips in the middle. It's odd, but it does its job and you can't tell unless the car is pointed right up against a wall. Either way, the fogs really do very little by themselves as halogen. If I could get some 3000k HIDs in them, though...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Wild for Width

It sounds ricy but with the glare guards removed the H3's throw decent light. With a 45w fog and 55w low-beam the pattern is similar to low-beam but output is more like high-beam (halogen). I really put this setup together to buy some more time before really diving into lighting, it works as I don't feel like I have two candles taped to the front of my car anymore at night LOL. Retrofit headlights + Lexus capsule fogs would be my ideal setup.

Do you happen to have beam pattern pics?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by Fr33way™
Do you happen to have beam pattern pics?
Good reference in town under a street light in a parking lot:

The headlights:

The fog lights (this picture is deceptive...they aren't really this bright, especially not on the road):

The cutoff the fogs would have if it weren't for the fog light lenses :

Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 AM

i like tatankos setup
Old 04-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Don't do the kits man. RETROFIT!!

Audi A6 Allroad single xenons with 6K bulbs!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:22 PM

Will be back when I decide which of the billion pics of my car to put up.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 PM

Here:

Beam pattern:

TL bixenon projectors retrofitted in CE clear housings.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
TL bixenon projectors retrofitted in CE clear housings.
Will you please get rid of all those other tacky lights now?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:44 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

^^^^^^^^^^^
Lookin good, I see you finally decided to detail your car.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Offset Is Everything.

xtec HID 6k heads, 3k fogs.:

Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tatanko
Will you please get rid of all those other tacky lights now?
Actually I was considering scrapping the projector fogs and getting another pair of driving lights and having a mini-light bar down there.

No, seriously. That would be badass. If I ever highbeamed anybody their car would vaporize.

Yeah I removed the wiring for all of those things though... but you have NO idea how much of a pain it is to dismount those damn things. You see the one on the right that's about 2" lower and dangling? I worked for about 15 minutes trying to crank that stupid nut off and that's how far I got. I need a bolt cutter... but that wouldn't even fit.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Yahhhhhhh

Yeah the best setup is a retrofit with OEM HIDs. However, I am cheap so I just went with the kit. I get compliments all the time and they are not blinding unless I am on a hill and you are looking up at my car. But that's blinding even with projectors so I am not worried. $170 vs $500+ seems like a good tradeoff for me. IMO
Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by Themajesticking
$170 vs $500+ seems like a good tradeoff for me. IMO
You get what you pay for.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Yahhhhhhh

Um yeah....you DO get what you pay for.....I paid $4000 for my max as opposed to $28,000+ for a new one(or whatever they cost) and I love it.....And everybody else loves it....Just because you don't pay much for something doesn't automatically mean it's crap.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 PM

Um yeah....you DO get what you pay for.....I paid $4000 for my max as opposed to $28,000+ for a new one(or whatever they cost) and I love it.....And everybody else loves it....Just because you don't pay much for something doesn't automatically mean it's crap.

That's true. Totally agree with you. I spent about 250 to 300 on my setup and it looks just as good as if I paid 500-800 for it. Paying more doesn't always mean getting a better product.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Morpheouszero i see that you have the stock fogs you are missing the foglight cover/frame whatever its called did you take them off or did they fall off because i have 1 cover and 1 of my other 1s are off and im afraid that someone is trying to jack my fogs i was just wondering if these things are known for falling off
Old 04-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Bacon Lover

You're still driving a car that is going on 12 years old. I never said it was crap, I said you're getting what you paid for.
Originally Posted by mikey chalupa
That's true. Totally agree with you. I spent about 250 to 300 on my setup and it looks just as good as if I paid 500-800 for it. Paying more doesn't always mean getting a better product.
I'm guessing you did some bargain hunting. My point still stands, though. Your setup isn't as professional and is single xenon. I spent around $500, but I have a very OEM-ish looking setup and it's bixenon...which is a better product. I'm not taking away from your setup, it's quite nice actually and I'm sure it's 10x better than the stock halogen reflectors, I commend you for it. But my point STILL stands: you get what you pay for. You paid less, you have a somewhat inferior setup.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
MaximaDriver

here is mine

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...1&postcount=34
Old 04-26-2007, 07:28 PM

I'm guessing you did some bargain hunting. My point still stands, though. Your setup isn't as professional and is single xenon. I spent around $500, but I have a very OEM-ish looking setup and it's bixenon...which is a better product. I'm not taking away from your setup, it's quite nice actually and I'm sure it's 10x better than the stock halogen reflectors, I commend you for it. But my point STILL stands: you get what you pay for. You paid less, you have a somewhat inferior setup.[/QUOTE]

Hey. Why would you call my setup inferior? That's kinda low bro. No retrofit is gonna look OEMish. If it were OEMish then the projectors wouldn't even be in there. Yeah, I did bargain shop, but that just makes me a little more resourceful than you. Why spend 500 when you can spend 200 less and still havea little cash left over. I never use my highbeams anyway and that's why I went with single xenon. I got what I felt was the best setup for me. Just by having bi-xenon doesn't make your setup any better than mine.
I really like you setup bro don't get me wrong. I just dont' get why you would call mine inferior. We are in a small group of people who have the gonads to cut up our headlights and retrofit. Whether single or bi-xenon, it's still 30 times better than stock.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Yahhhhhhh

Yeah man you started problems by even saying the statement "you get what you pay for"....Implying that anyone that spends less that $400 or $500 has a setup that's inferior. I spent $170 and I have no problems with my setup. Forget OEMish.....I don't like the way projectors look in the maxima's housing unless it's duals...which only a couple people have. You got some nerve calling somebody's setup unprofessional.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by mikey chalupa
Hey. Why would you call my setup inferior? That's kinda low bro. No retrofit is gonna look OEMish. If it were OEMish then the projectors wouldn't even be in there. Yeah, I did bargain shop, but that just makes me a little more resourceful than you. Why spend 500 when you can spend 200 less and still havea little cash left over. I never use my highbeams anyway and that's why I went with single xenon. I got what I felt was the best setup for me. Just by having bi-xenon doesn't make your setup any better than mine.
I really like you setup bro don't get me wrong. I just dont' get why you would call mine inferior. We are in a small group of people who have the gonads to cut up our headlights and retrofit. Whether single or bi-xenon, it's still 30 times better than stock.
First of all, don't think I'm attacking you. Really, I'm not. I thought I made that clear in my other post, but I guess not.

I didn't say it looked OEM, I said it looked OEM-ish. The projectors look like they were meant to be there from the factory, I never said they looked identical to stock Maxima headlights. Why spend $500? Because for the extra $200 I got an extremely well-performing setup that beats just about anything except things in the realm of twice what I paid.

When I say yours is inferior, it truly is inferior. Just because you don't use high beams doesn't mean I'm a moron for spending more on my bixenon setup. I DO use my high beams, and they're awesome, to say the least. I am in no way saying that you're stupid for spending less money and only getting single xenon either, especially if you have no need for high beams; but that also doesn't make my setup on the same level as yours nor does it make me stupid for spending more money. I spent more money on a BETTER setup. If I had spent more money on the same setup as you, for example, then I would be stupid. I am not putting you down at all. Your setup looks really good and I congratulate you for making the educated decision to go with projectors and taking the time to do a retrofit. No sarcasm.
Yeah man you started problems by even saying the statement "you get what you pay for"....Implying that anyone that spends less that $400 or $500 has a setup that's inferior. I spent $170 and I have no problems with my setup. Forget OEMish.....I don't like the way projectors look in the maxima's housing unless it's duals...which only a couple people have. You got some nerve calling somebody's setup unprofessional.
Anyone who spent less than me is likely going to get a set up that is inferior, plain and simple. A $170 PnP HID kit looks like some bright, glaring candles in a jar in comparison to my $500 bixenon setup. I didn't say that just because you spent less money on your headlights that your pen0r was smaller than mine

Also, you're entitled to your opinion. I happen to think dual projectors in a Maxima looks goofy, like those ebay projector headlights for Hondas. But that's my opinion and shouldn't affect you whatsoever. I made my choice, and I don't give a rat's behind what you think about it because it's a great setup. 'Nuff said about that.

...and for the record, I never said anyone's setup was unprofessional. I merely said it was LESS professional. Read. Tons and tons of time and care was put into making my setup look like it should from the factory, whereas I'm sure Mikey probably painted everything black, put the projector in, sealed everything up, and put it on the car. He spent less time and money on it, and to him it probably looks pretty good. I'm not going to lie, I think his looks pretty good too, I would not in the least bit be ashamed to have his setup on my car, it's very sinister looking.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 PM

I paid $1000 for mine!

here are a couple of day time pics...i think it looks pretty close to OEM.