4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some advice on brakes ( Stillen X-drilled & Axxis Pads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 08:33 PM

http://www.eatricezone.com/MaxBrakeSale.htm

I'm thinking about getting the brake kit listd on Got Rice's homepage ( link above) minus the SS brake lines. Can anyone tell me if this setup is any good (Stillen X-drilled rotors & Axxis pads) MY current brake setup is really crapping out and I need to replace it soon. I want to make sure I get something that won't warp etc. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:12 PM

Can anyone help me?

I could really use some input if you guys have any. Thanks!

Kevin
Old 07-16-2001, 03:21 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by Kevin
I could really use some input if you guys have any. Thanks!

Kevin
Did you read the 4th Generation "sticky" post at the top, specifically looking at the "Brake Part Number" post? If you did, then you know my impressions.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:41 PM

Re: Re: Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Did you read the 4th Generation "sticky" post at the top, specifically looking at the "Brake Part Number" post? If you did, then you know my impressions.
BIll I did read your impressions, coupd of questions for you,

do you have any more impressions of the Axxis MEtal masters, from what it sounded like, you replaced them pretty quickly. Also what was the reason the the Stillen X-drilled develpoeda ridge on it? was is shabby quality?
Old 07-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Re: Re: Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by Kevin

BIll I did read your impressions, coupd of questions for you,

do you have any more impressions of the Axxis MEtal masters, from what it sounded like, you replaced them pretty quickly. Also what was the reason the the Stillen X-drilled develpoeda ridge on it? was is shabby quality?
As a pad, the Axxis Metal Masters are the best OVERALL pad: good performance, low dusting, etc.

It remains a mystery as to why "the ridge" developed in the pad which 'sliced' the rotor.........I still have no clue. But I'm still using Metal Master pads, as it didn't really scare me away from them......I just consider it one of those unexplained mysteries.

Unless you're after the looks, good Brembo blank rotors and the Metal Master pads will serve you well.

In addition, "Shingles" is sponsoring a group buy of rotors that are slotted and cadmium plated....all 4 rotors for $245 which is a super deal. Check it out in the Group Deal Forum if you're interested.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:18 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can anyone help me?

Originally posted by bill99gxe

As a pad, the Axxis Metal Masters are the best OVERALL pad: good performance, low dusting, etc.

It remains a mystery as to why "the ridge" developed in the pad which 'sliced' the rotor.........I still have no clue. But I'm still using Metal Master pads, as it didn't really scare me away from them......I just consider it one of those unexplained mysteries.

Unless you're after the looks, good Brembo blank rotors and the Metal Master pads will serve you well.

In addition, "Shingles" is sponsoring a group buy of rotors that are slotted and cadmium plated....all 4 rotors for $245 which is a super deal. Check it out in the Group Deal Forum if you're interested.
Thanks,

I think i'm gonna go for the group deal & metal masters combo, that looks like what I'm looking for.