4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Air suspension on a 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 01:13 AM

Air suspension on a 4th gen

does anyone have this/can give me advise on what to go with as of now im going with a universal mcpherson strut in the front and looks like air cylindrs in the back just wanted to know if anyone can chime in since no one can answer my other question probably because i didnt explain myself correctly.Anything is appreciated.

**** my Grammar you english major tards
Old 06-28-2007, 02:39 AM

i would love to help...but i really can't tell what you're trying to say. really...funny last line though...new sig.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:09 PM

I want to know what people with this type of suspension used in place of the multi link beam that is our rear suspension
Old 06-28-2007, 01:40 PM
<3's the all motor section

Originally Posted by chazmcgee
I want to know what people with this type of suspension used in place of the multi link beam that is our rear suspension
chrome blocks...CHROMEEEE SUCKAAAA
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM

depends on what you wanna do. air cylinders will likely bolt right in, there arent many that have air on a 4th gen. you can also run reg bags too, but you need to have a place to put in a shock. or you can run shockwaves, which is pretty much a coil over type of shock with a bag in place of springs. either way, unless you know how to fabricate stuff and have access to a welder, go to a pro to do it
Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM

psssshhhh im a master fabricater i was thinking about using regular bags like trucks do in the back just making like a custom bracket it would be the cheapest way i think because 98 dollar bags are gangsta compaired to 480 dollar struts the front will bolt right up so thats good the rear is just a choad
Old 06-29-2007, 01:40 AM

No relevance but dam this song is good Ooh Ahh - Grits / bump
Old 06-29-2007, 02:36 AM

Dude, I had to reply just because I like reading your posts, their awesome. I love your last line in the firt post!

But I would say its definately possible. I have several friends who built their whole air-ride systems themselves, just like you said, by making all the brackets, lines, solonoids, etc. and pieced everything together, meanwhile saving a HUGE amount of money. Its amazing how cheap everything is from a hardware store compared to air ride companies, and you can make it just as pretty, if not more.

I would use the front strut assem. to mount the bag and buy a camber plate with some sort of custom mount for the top of the bag. The rear to me would be more simple since it is basically a straight axle, and the strut length is shorter.

Grits are awesome too, but only in the south, or grits here in the north suck, its like they are fake.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by chazmcgee
psssshhhh im a master fabricater
no offense but if you have to ask how to do something you're not a master anything. i understand you wanted some feedback, but you never mentioned reg bags, just cylinders.

and fabricator is spelled with an o not an e
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 AM

i know i was just ****ing around about that im really just an average joe i know a welder that is decent and im sure we can make it work i mean im in a club and we pretty much bag trucks havent done a car yet trucks are much simpler with making a notch and stuff so im entering unmarked area when going to cars so yea of course i would come here for feedback i hooked up with someone through pms who's helped me a bit and another that im probrably buying some second hand stuff from so it feels kind of gangsta the support i have recieved from people on here, and werd to you alcantraz if anybody wants to see any pics of our bag jobs for the hell of it ill post it but its pretty much s10's super common and a nissan hardbody just a group of people hooking each other up and once again thanks to you all
Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM

i dont know if i got to my point in the last post been a wierd night so i thought id hit it up with a follow up and a list of thank yous to further extend my gratitude to each and every one of you with a self implied comment so here it goesish i nthe order recieved even if your on there twice:
chazmcgee- wow your so gangsta
cefiro8701-dude this is what i love about the org willing to help even when you cant understand wtf the person is saying is rambling about much love bro
chazmcgee-your too gangsta you should degangsterize yourself
XJinct-you lost me but i see your lust for chrome is awesome, keep it real
shavedmax-most direct answers on subject was happy when seen the post from you cause i didnt feel like an alien anymore
chazmcgee-damn dude why are you so damn gangsta
chazmcgee-really getting tired of typing the word gangsta but damn you are so ultimately cool
alcatranz518-almost forget to put the N in your name but i caught it so its all good, and dude i was noticing you noticing my posts on which i was noticing you notice me k idk if it made it through with sense but yea grits own (period)
shavedmax- ypu called bull**** on me in this post and you hit it, you do it again ill ****ing kill you.

jk i geuss someone pm if this/these post(s) made sence i can tell right now and i love this community holla at yall later
Old 06-30-2007, 01:19 AM

you're becoming so damn famous...making it into our sigs...

hehe...great job.