4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bright Luminous Blue replacement bulbs for the headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 10:57 AM

Can anybody suggest any replacements bulbs for the headlights that put out a Bright Luminous Blue glow. You know the illegal ones or the one that come close to becoming illegal. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2001, 11:04 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Why would you want those?
Old 07-25-2001, 11:10 AM
Kevlo for President

Originally posted by mzmtg
YA why, wouldn't you just get pulled over for them anyways or r u only gonna use them for show?
Old 07-25-2001, 11:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RE: Bright Blue Bulbs...

Do you mean xenon imitations or just plain blue headlights? If you are looking for xenon imitations, my Naxos Xenon Blues are very well known and very bright. However the Naxos are a higher wattage and they are illegal for steet use. If you are looking for just plain blue bulbs, I agree with mzmtg and kevlo911 in asking you, "Why would you want those?" Just trying to help .
Old 07-25-2001, 12:04 PM

Re: RE: Bright Blue Bulbs...

Originally posted by Vyrus
Do you mean xenon imitations or just plain blue headlights? If you are looking for xenon imitations, my Naxos Xenon Blues are very well known and very bright. However the Naxos are a higher wattage and they are illegal for steet use. If you are looking for just plain blue bulbs, I agree with mzmtg and kevlo911 in asking you, "Why would you want those?" Just trying to help .
Where can i get the Naxos Xenon Blues, do i just replace the bulb or do i have to replace the whole head lights. Since you have these on your car do you get pulled over alot? I want these type of lights because they would go nice with my new ion crystal fog lights. Plus i just put a new system so i'm kinda going all out right now which i will probably regret in a few days.
Old 07-25-2001, 12:07 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by mzmtg
First, they are illegal, but that's not why they really suck. Blue light has a shorter wavelength than yellow light. Therefore, it scatters more easily in rain and fog and more easily "Dazzles" oncoming drivers. That means you actually have less visibility with the blue bulbs. HID lights are really white...not blue. Plus when you have the blue bulbs, everyone knows you are just a poser who is trying to look like they have HID...

So I ask again...

Why?
Old 07-25-2001, 12:27 PM

RE: Xenon Imitations...

Watch your mouth mzmtg - they made a good improvement in vision and I really think that I'm not just saying it. I have xenons in my '00 RL and these are almost as bright (I have done a side my side comparison). The only disadvantage is that they can melt your sockets and that is what a harness is for. They are a LITTLE more blue than the RLs xenons, but they are very close in wavelength. The higher wattage also makes the lights brighter so they reflect better. By the way, have you asked any maxima owners with real xenon systems how they like them? They don't - they complain the imitations are just as bright because of the reflector housing. 98GLE_RAVERBOY - I have never been pulled over for them nor has anyone I know that has them. Only a mechanic would know if he takes the bulbs out (and they never do that). You do not need to replace your housing at all, but you will need to buy an APC wire harness so that you don't burn out your sockets. They are very easy to install and normally don't run more than $50. I don't have one and I haven't had any problems, but I've only had them for a little while and most people that have problems with them have them after 6 months to 1 year. I like them, and they are not too much money so if you are looking for a brighter light with a slight bluish tint they are nice. A company called Nokya also makes lights like them for the same price, but they have more of a bluish tint that is not neccesary or effective. I got mine for $28 shipped from www.AutoDirectSave.com . Just trying to help .
Old 07-25-2001, 01:02 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: RE: Xenon Imitations...

Watch your mouth mzmtg - they made a good improvement in vision and I really think that I'm not just saying it
I was refering to blue bulbs specifcally. Since you mention that yours are almost exactly like your real HIDs, then I'm sure yours work as they are probably more white than blue. Raverboy's original question was about the bluest lights he could find.

Blue lights suck, not aftermarket lights in general.

I have Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs. They aren't blue at all, they are a little whiter and a little brighter than stock, for only $12. That's why I got them, and I'm happy with them.
Old 07-25-2001, 01:17 PM

RE: Xenon Imitation...

Oh yeah the really blue lights do suck. You can't see anything at night. Oh, and by the way I ordered Sprints this morning - $141 shipped. Can't wait to put them on - thanks for the reccomendation I think I'll be VERY happy with them.
Old 07-25-2001, 01:47 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: RE: Xenon Imitation...

Oh yeah the really blue lights do suck. You can't see anything at night. Oh, and by the way I ordered Sprints this morning - $141 shipped. Can't wait to put them on - thanks for the reccomendation I think I'll be VERY happy with them.
I think you'll like them too, where did you end up ordering them from?
Old 07-25-2001, 02:00 PM

RE: Sprints...

I ordered them from www.ImpactParts.com . They have good customer service, and I was getting an awesome deal on the Sprint/KYB setup, but I think I'm gonna end up going with Tockico. It was a good deal for $141 shipped .
Old 07-25-2001, 02:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Off Subject

Where did you get your sprints for $141????
Old 07-25-2001, 05:07 PM

Re: RE: Sprints...

I ordered them from www.ImpactParts.com . They have good customer service, and I was getting an awesome deal on the Sprint/KYB setup, but I think I'm gonna end up going with Tockico. It was a good deal for $141 shipped .
That's a good deal for sprints is that for front 2 or all 4? What's the cheapest you've found the Tockico's for? I saw a place selling all four for $301. I think they're in DC area (you're from VA right?)

Why did you pick the Tockico's over the KYB's--any info you could share would help!
Old 07-25-2001, 05:22 PM

RE: Sprints...

Sprints are only sold in sets of 4, and yes they are all 4. All four tockicos for $301? damn. yes I am from Va (represent), and do you remember that shops name or location? I don't know if im gonna go with tockicos (because they are inserts) and I'm looking at KYBs because I am not rich enough for the Konis. Just trying to help .
Old 07-25-2001, 05:36 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Tokicos arent inserts, they are direct replacements. It's the Koni's that are inserts. FYI

$300 is a good price for them. I got mine for $300 shipped from carparts.com.
Old 07-26-2001, 12:16 PM

Re: RE: Sprints...

Sprints are only sold in sets of 4, and yes they are all 4. All four tockicos for $301? damn. yes I am from Va (represent), and do you remember that shops name or location? I don't know if im gonna go with tockicos (because they are inserts) and I'm looking at KYBs because I am not rich enough for the Konis. Just trying to help .
yeah, it was a website, i think they have the KYB too. check em out:

http://www.olyonline.com/