4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

raced a turbo supra

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 02:37 AM

sup yall

red mkIII, looked/sounded stock. we think it was automatic. pretty girl driving it too i was doin 45 in 2nd next to her going towards a red light, so the exhaust was pretty loud, and when the light turned green we both nailed it...lame launch, bogged a lil, dead even, redline, shift to 2nd, i looked over at her and said BYEBYE (outloud...hehe) she stayed with me thru all of 2nd, i started sweatin, redline shift to 3rd, i pulled away and she immediatly hit the brakes at about 80-85. pulled up next to her at the next light, but she didnt look over...she was smiling though, hehe...

casey
Old 07-28-2001, 01:47 AM
Former Sponsor

hmmmmm not bad... did u get her number?
Old 07-28-2001, 01:51 AM

Nice kill, and I agree with carnal_c30 - any digits?

K
Old 07-28-2001, 07:34 AM

The same thing happend to me but it was a 95 BMW 3-series. Well we were neck and neck but eventually i pulled up and won at the next light she was ****ed and i look lover to her and smiled. Funny thing was she was a thirty something year old grrl but boy she was pretty hot.
Old 07-28-2001, 10:46 AM

Wow, so now max is faster than a supra turbo. what next? i'm just waiting for someone to post that they beat ferraris and lamborghinis. you know, the typical "we were nect to neck in first, shift at redline, looked over, ferrari 360 still hanging, shift to second, then third and then started to pull ahead of ferrari. whew that was close"
Old 07-28-2001, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by Maximus97SE
Wow, so now max is faster than a supra turbo. what next? i'm just waiting for someone to post that they beat ferraris and lamborghinis. you know, the typical "we were nect to neck in first, shift at redline, looked over, ferrari 360 still hanging, shift to second, then third and then started to pull ahead of ferrari. whew that was close"
I have a kill story too, I raced a brand new Viper RT-10, we were neck and neck through first, I sort of beat him off the line with my auto max, then he shifted to second and I pulled over to get a drink because I was so far ahead, then I began to race again and immediately caught back up to him, we were at about 75 when my auto started to pull very fast from him, at 77mph I had pulled 14 cars on him. Then I pulled up to him and he said wow I cant believe you won I have my car modded to 850hp and I said hey, I have an auto Max and smiled.
Seriously man, a Twin Turbo Supra would waste any Maxima now matter what mods it had. Take Care
Old 07-28-2001, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX

I have a kill story too, I raced a brand new Viper RT-10, we were neck and neck through first, I sort of beat him off the line with my auto max, then he shifted to second and I pulled over to get a drink because I was so far ahead, then I began to race again and immediately caught back up to him, we were at about 75 when my auto started to pull very fast from him, at 77mph I had pulled 14 cars on him. Then I pulled up to him and he said wow I cant believe you won I have my car modded to 850hp and I said hey, I have an auto Max and smiled.
Seriously man, a Twin Turbo Supra would waste any Maxima now matter what mods it had. Take Care
and you did not even use the juice, right? i say if "alleged winner" do not have a copy of the time slips to prove their "alleged story", the post should be automatically deleted.
Old 07-28-2001, 12:53 PM

give the dude a break , my car chases hot girls in hot cars with more effort then when racing anything else soo...
maxse98
Old 07-28-2001, 01:38 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Nice Exaust

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo
Nice kill, and I agree with carnal_c30 - any digits?

K

First time ive seen a double exaust like that on a Max !! Ive always wondered how much they cost since the max's bumper isnt made for it....e-mail me if you read this !!!!Thanks.
Old 07-28-2001, 03:56 PM

1/3There2/3ToGo I am planning to get my trany conversion after i get money for my engine... Where are you going to get your 6 speed tranny? How much? Where are you going to get all the other stuff needed for the converison? Are you going with the aftermarket stuff or the genunie nissan parts?
Old 07-28-2001, 05:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

A Supra non-turbo and a 5-speed Maxima wouldn't be a bad race. The non-turbo supra has only 220hp... and if it's an auto you got a good chance to stay with... if not beat it with a stick... Supra non-turbo's do come with turbo look-alike wing, and they Also did come with writing on the back which said "targa" which could be easily be mistaken for turbo.. But lets be real, I love Maxima's too.. but we could never take out a Supra turbo... 320hp stock.. 0-60 in 4.6 stock..

I love my Max... thought you should Know...
Old 07-28-2001, 08:30 PM

guys he said MKIII Supra...

Isn't that the older '87-'92 style?

If so, I drove one of those awhile back (non-turbo) and it was *very* slow. I think the old-school turbo Supra would be a good match for the Max, considering it had like 220HP and weighed *A LOT* more!

IF it's the newer '93-'97 style, then yeah, no friggin' way.

my 2cents

Justin
Old 07-28-2001, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Jung918
1/3There2/3ToGo I am planning to get my trany conversion after i get money for my engine... Where are you going to get your 6 speed tranny? How much? Where are you going to get all the other stuff needed for the converison? Are you going with the aftermarket stuff or the genunie nissan parts?
I would love nothing more than to help you out on this, but I too need more money before proceding. I was talking to my cousin and he knows a website that has the 6-speed tranny's for sale, he just hasnt given it to me yet...lazy bum! As far as the other stuff I'll need Im still waiting to hear about what i will need from CBR and the other guy who just did one. Then I will decide what I will get as far as aftermarket and what I will go oem with. When(more likely "if") I get the website I'll make a post of it in a new thread. Sorry I cant be much help, I just started looking for stuff 3 days ago.

Kirk
Old 07-29-2001, 12:34 AM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

yea, the MKVIII are pretty slow. My friend ran 16.2 in his 89 Supra Turbo. He was bone stock then, has mods now but dont know how fast. I raced him in my dad's 2k stock and when my 95 was stock. Both times i beat him.
Old 07-29-2001, 01:45 AM

maybe?

maybe she was just playing with you, she should have smoked you.

Originally posted by global_threat
sup yall

red mkIII, looked/sounded stock. we think it was automatic. pretty girl driving it too i was doin 45 in 2nd next to her going towards a red light, so the exhaust was pretty loud, and when the light turned green we both nailed it...lame launch, bogged a lil, dead even, redline, shift to 2nd, i looked over at her and said BYEBYE (outloud...hehe) she stayed with me thru all of 2nd, i started sweatin, redline shift to 3rd, i pulled away and she immediatly hit the brakes at about 80-85. pulled up next to her at the next light, but she didnt look over...she was smiling though, hehe...

casey
Old 07-29-2001, 04:22 AM

lol, i just checked back on this thread...with the exceptions of justmax and turbo, you guys are idiots. i said MKIII, which was a SINGLE TURBO. the MKIV is the twin turbo six speed. learn your **** before you newbies come here flaming. i said it was stock, automatic, and OLD. jesus...i HATE ignorant people.

props to my boys justmax and turbo for being SMART!

later
casey
Old 07-29-2001, 05:44 AM

lol, i just checked back on this thread...with the exceptions of justmax and turbo, you guys are idiots. i said MKIII, which was a SINGLE TURBO. the MKIV is the twin turbo six speed. learn your **** before you newbies come here flaming. i said it was stock, automatic, and OLD. jesus...i HATE ignorant people.

later
casey
HAHAHA, that's funny Global, this thread almost went outta control while you weren't looking. But hey take it easy on these guys, you gotta watch out when you say Supra around here cuz everyone assumes "Supra Twin-Turbo Monster". Same way if you say Civic, most people think "racing stripe, riding 1/2" off the ground on rims that are worth more than the car (or 13" black steel rims), with a cantaloupe-launcher tailpipe", I know all the Civics that rev on me look like that!

Anyways L8er guys

Justin
Old 07-29-2001, 06:54 AM

I already tried replying before but we all know how stable the servers are that run this site .

I was going to say I've been in MANY cars and beat a MKIII supra turbo. There pretty easy to kill... provided you have a few mods.

MKIII - 0 - 60 = 6.2 - 6.9 ...nothing to die for

sheesh... I'm starting to think some of you are doubting the abilities of your own car

peace -mc
Old 07-29-2001, 07:31 AM

supra

what is a mkIII? 3rd gen supra turbo?
Old 07-29-2001, 08:14 PM

Ok then…. Why bother telling us about a car that never really could compare with a Max… I mean who dosen’t race in front of one of those…… I mean I live in NYC and I’m always taking people out and I do also get wasted… but you don’t hear me complaining…. I saying it's all love to a fellow maxima owner but be a little more clearer....

It'a all love....
Old 07-29-2001, 09:36 PM

later
casey
wow, i guess that was something to be proud about eh? beating a 10 year old car!
Old 07-29-2001, 11:22 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

hehe, well its juss that people hear Supra they automatically think Supra TT. I wouldnt call people idiots cause then everyone gets mad then its flame time. Wuts wrong with bragging about beating a 10 year old car? There are tons of old cars that are very fast.

MKVIII is 87-92 i think. US Spec is 230hp. Not bad, but its a heavy car plus a POS head gasket...Even stock boost that thing blows often.
Old 07-30-2001, 01:34 AM

later
casey
What the #ell was wrong with my posts?

K
Old 07-30-2001, 01:54 PM

Old cars

Yeah defiantly true about the older cars having alot of power to them. My oldsmobile 1984 Delta 88 Royale Brougham ( I just like typing out the full namer it was so long) was one of theese machines. It was the only one I ever saw with a two door in it and looking at it you wouldnt think much but this thing would roast brakestands sending my speedometer up to about 80. It also off the line would burn rubber for about 500 feet if I let it. Often it ate a few unsuspecting Mustangs and Camaros that thougth their streamlined 85 was the man. It had the old 307 in it with a Rocket Tranny. It would go up to about 135 ( thats the fastest I went about, hard to say the needle dissapeared at 85 but I blew past a friend doing 120 in a solara. This is my estimation gauge on it). Not only was it fast and fun as anything since it was my first car and discovered the fun of things like J stances, Burnouts,Reverse Hollywoods and more. But also we on many occasions had up to 13 people in it. Tight but everyone fit. So just because it you see an older car dont second guess it or cut it short for a second. I miss that car. Alot. I had some of the best times of my life in it. So if you ever happed to see a '84 Delta look-out.

SuDZ
Old 07-30-2001, 05:44 PM

sup yall

casey
I have to rate this one with the "kill" stories of Cobras, BMWs and the like: Are you sure she knew you were racing???? ANd to reply to another's post about she was a thirty something girl but hot: What the Heck is that??? I must be getting too old to be a sports car fan.

Join NIRA and race professionally.....
Old 07-30-2001, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by maximaman1997

I have to rate this one with the "kill" stories of Cobras, BMWs and the like: Are you sure she knew you were racing???? ANd to reply to another's post about she was a thirty something girl but hot: What the Heck is that??? I must be getting too old to be a sports car fan.

when did cobra become heavy as hell with 230hp?? why would you put it in the same type of "kill" story?
Old 07-30-2001, 11:11 PM
I'm needing a caw

What do you mean? I don't think the MKIII turbos were that fast. And to add, if it was a girl, there is a great chance that it was an auto. And since it's a pretty old car, it was probably not running 100%. The MKIIIs were pretty heavy and headgasket weak as others had said.

Originally posted by maximaman1997

Old 07-31-2001, 12:48 AM
Former Sponsor

hmmmm was i moron for wondering whether you got her number? haha an MKIII Supra isnt anything special... and about the age of a car? how many people have raced the Buick Grand Nationals? jesus i dun giva damn if its old... it hauls azz...
Old 07-31-2001, 01:16 AM
XtremeHKS

Originally posted by Maximus97SE
I have a 99 Maxima with Intake, Exhaust and my brother owns a 89 Supra Turbo manual And it's a neck and neck race i pulled though in 3rd Gear. He has mods also (intake and exhaust) then now he's got Everything lol...

Old 07-31-2001, 07:13 AM

Re: guys he said MKIII Supra...

Exactly. I used to own a Mark III Supra turbo. Not the best off the line. In fact, the Mark III Supra turbo 5 speed would almost be an exact match fo the Gen 4 maxima. 0-60 in 6.9 seconds and I forget the 1/4 mile. After 100 mph, tho, the turbo really takes over.

The Mark III Supra turbo had 230 HP and 247 to 260 lb-ft of torque, depending on the year (87-92). The torque was diluted quite a bit because the damn car weighed 3600 lbs!!

Very confident hi-speed cruisier, too. It was a beautiful car, but weight was too much.

Little trivia, did you know that the Mark III supra was the 1st mass production car to have an NA 3 liter engine the made 200 HP?? That was it's claim to fame.

DW

Originally posted by justmax
Isn't that the older '87-'92 style?

If so, I drove one of those awhile back (non-turbo) and it was *very* slow. I think the old-school turbo Supra would be a good match for the Max, considering it had like 220HP and weighed *A LOT* more!

IF it's the newer '93-'97 style, then yeah, no friggin' way.

my 2cents

Justin