4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 07:32 PM

First off, has anyone ever heard of a suspension company called "Progressive Group"? Some guy at a local shop recommended them to me since he said Sprint springs would create a negative camber on my wheels because they are too low (PGs are 1.7/1.5 as opposed to the 2.0/2.0 of the Sprints).

Now.. Im debating which set of mods I should do first. I could do the springs and struts for about $1200 CDN. Or I could probably get a decent muffler, intake, Strut tower brace, and rear sway bar for about the same. I dont have much more than $1200 to spend right now :P
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
Old 07-30-2001, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by AdMax98
First off, has anyone ever heard of a suspension company called "Progressive Group"? Some guy at a local shop recommended them to me since he said Sprint springs would create a negative camber on my wheels because they are too low (PGs are 1.7/1.5 as opposed to the 2.0/2.0 of the Sprints).

Now.. Im debating which set of mods I should do first. I could do the springs and struts for about $1200 CDN. Or I could probably get a decent muffler, intake, Strut tower brace, and rear sway bar for about the same. I dont have much more than $1200 to spend right now :P

Adam
i think either would give you - camber but i would go with the PG's because it is .2 inches higher in the back. the problem i have with my springs is that they are 1.75 in front and the back there for the back sits lower.

just trying to help
Old 07-30-2001, 10:27 PM

Why not just buy the Sprints and get a $25 camber correction kit. Any spring will create negative camber, it's all a matter of how much. And that .25" difference isn't going to be much difference camber wise.

Adam
Old 07-30-2001, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Why not just buy the Sprints and get a $25 camber correction kit. Any spring will create negative camber, it's all a matter of how much. And that .25" difference isn't going to be much difference camber wise.

I was curious, I have Tokico/Intrax set up. I recently got an alignment and the numbers are crazy. The car does track straight now, but the thrust angle is -2 and therefor my steering wheel isn't centered. This doesn't bother me, but I want everything perfect. Is there a machine for alignments on lowered cars. The place where I got mine done "had to guess" at some stuff because the car was too low for the alingment machines beam to cut across under the body. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:23 PM

The guy that I talked to said the camber correction kit was like $500. Is there a specific brand you recommend? Also once its installed, how would I know the shop set it correctly?
Thanks
Old 07-30-2001, 11:27 PM

For regular camber bolts that adjust your camber up to +/- 1 degree, it's like $25-$35 or so. There are a bunch of brands. For camber plates which give you much more adjustment, it's like $300. Don't know where he got that $500 figure from. To know if they did it correctly, just get them to align the car. If the car is aligned properly and within specs, you should be fine.

The guy that I talked to said the camber correction kit was like $500. Is there a specific brand you recommend? Also once its installed, how would I know the shop set it correctly?
Thanks
Old 07-30-2001, 11:51 PM

For regular camber bolts that adjust your camber up to +/- 1 degree, it's like $25-$35 or so. There are a bunch of brands. For camber plates which give you much more adjustment, it's like $300. Don't know where he got that $500 figure from. To know if they did it correctly, just get them to align the car. If the car is aligned properly and within specs, you should be fine.

Cool Thanks, 1 more thing...if I decide to take the Sprint springs with the 2" drop, will the camber bolts be enough? or will I actually have to go for the camber plates? in which case it probably will end up being around $500 Canadian.