4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

question for DBM

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 03:51 PM

I was just wondering where I can purchase a anti-rattle clip... I think that's what its called... It looks like a bent coat hanger. It is placed on the top part of the brake pad where there are two holes.

It is supposed to keep the brake pad in place. I was calling places to see if they had them.. and they didn't know what I was talking about. Was I supposed to get them when I purchased the brake pads? Does the dealer only carry them?

Thanks...
Old 07-31-2001, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by kmax97
I was just wondering where I can purchase a anti-rattle clip... I think that's what its called... It looks like a bent coat hanger. It is placed on the top part of the brake pad where there are two holes.

It is supposed to keep the brake pad in place. I was calling places to see if they had them.. and they didn't know what I was talking about. Was I supposed to get them when I purchased the brake pads? Does the dealer only carry them?

Thanks...
The factory service manual calls these Pad Return Springs. They are available as part of a brake hardware kit. Look at PartsAmerica.com which lists Beck/Arnley 084-1442. Click on the binoculars icon for a picture. You will see this kit includes four Pad Return Springs and four stamped sheet metal Pad Retainers, enough for both front brakes. The price is $17 + S/H. In my experience most items seen in the PartsAmerica.com on-line catalog can be bought at Advance Auto stores for about the same money.

I have placed a couple of orders with PartsAmerica.com and was pleased with the transactions.

No doubt you can buy these items at the dealer too.