4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Availablity of aftermarket fuel injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 03:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket fuel injectors available?? Better performance?? Let me know if I fell of my rocker on this one....
Old 08-03-2001, 04:15 PM

I have never found any, but haven't looked too hard. Let me know if you find some.
Old 08-03-2001, 07:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

injectors

summit racing sells venom python injectors for the max. they flow 10% more fuel. they are around 600. 1-800-962-9094. peace out.
Old 08-03-2001, 11:37 PM

So what goes along with getting 10% more fuel? just 10% worse gas mileage?
Old 08-04-2001, 07:09 AM

Originally posted by guitaraus
So what goes along with getting 10% more fuel? just 10% worse gas mileage?
No. The fact that aftermarket injectors can flow more fuel does not mean that they will flow more fuel. The amount of fuel delivered by the injectors is determined by the fuel pressure and the signals from the Engine Control Module.

Installing high-flow injectors in an otherwise stock engine will not change power or fuel consumption. Unless these injectors are part of a bigger package of engine mods they are a waste of money.

More fuel does not make more power. More fuel/air mixture makes more power. You have to do something to the engine to facilitate combustion of added fuel. That might be more air (supercharger) or an oxidizer (Nitrous).
Old 08-04-2001, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
No. The fact that aftermarket injectors can flow more fuel does not mean that they will flow more fuel. The amount of fuel delivered by the injectors is determined by the fuel pressure and the signals from the Engine Control Module.

Installing high-flow injectors in an otherwise stock engine will not change power or fuel consumption. Unless these injectors are part of a bigger package of engine mods they are a waste of money.

More fuel does not make more power. More fuel/air mixture makes more power. You have to do something to the engine to facilitate combustion of added fuel. That might be more air (supercharger) or an oxidizer (Nitrous).
Daniel B. Martin, if high flow injectors means you'll need more air (basicly) would a stillen intake do the trick or would you have to have NOS or a supercharger?
Old 08-04-2001, 10:46 AM

So you're saying the only reason you would have performance fuel injectors is to keep up that air/mix ratio that goes up with more air in the engine? So, max's with performance intake and superchargers and stuff....how much performance improvement could they expect with aftermarket fuel injectors?
Old 08-04-2001, 10:51 AM

none...

Originally posted by guitaraus
So you're saying the only reason you would have performance fuel injectors is to keep up that air/mix ratio that goes up with more air in the engine? So, max's with performance intake and superchargers and stuff....how much performance improvement could they expect with aftermarket fuel injectors?
Guys the stock injectors can handle fuel delivery for the added air from a cone intake or a K&N panel filter. the only reason you would need high-flow injectors is to compensate for NOS/SC/Turbo forced induction.

Justin
Old 08-04-2001, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by 99MaxOnDubsSE
Daniel B. Martin, if high flow injectors means you'll need more air (basicly) would a stillen intake do the trick or would you have to have NOS or a supercharger?
In order to make use of 10% more fuel you also need to get 10% more air into the engine. I don't know the specs on any of the aftermarket intakes. I don't see how an aftermarket intake could really deliver 10% more air if you are still using the stock throttle body, because the throttle body would be a limiting factor (bottleneck).

Bottom line... in my opinion the high-flow fuel injectors would be beneficial with a supercharger or NOS but not with any normally aspirated stock-displacement engine.