4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Parking

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 01:40 PM

i doubt im the only one but...
when i park my car any where i always spend the extra time looking for other nice cars to park beside like bmws or MB's cause i know they wont open their doors on mine
i always try to aviod parking beside some hillbillys car cause you know that theyll damage your car in some wierd way
Old 08-11-2001, 04:30 PM

heck yes!!
Old 08-11-2001, 04:50 PM

I do that constantly...

plus I figure that a thief would rather mess w/ a more expensive car...

But even when driving, my rule of thumb is that
"the guy with the cheapest car has the right of way"...
Old 08-11-2001, 05:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes...definately.

I live in Downtown Seattle and have to parallel park everywhere.

Same rules apply.....some jackas* took a small chunk out of my rear bumper already.....

I always make sure and not park unless there's alot of room there, also. (obviously)
Old 08-12-2001, 04:15 PM

you cant always tell though there are those 80 year olds that own jags and bentlys and have horrible vision and they wont be able to hear anything as they scrape the paint off your car trying to park beside you
Old 08-12-2001, 05:52 PM

parking

yeah i have to agree there i look for the first spot where the parking beging so no one can prk on one side of you..then i park *** far away from the lines as possible to assure the door cant reach yours..and yes always park next to the nice cars..
Old 08-12-2001, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
you cant always tell though there are those 80 year olds that own jags and bentlys and have horrible vision and they wont be able to hear anything as they scrape the paint off your car trying to park beside you [/QUOTE Does anybody know if there is damage to the trans went somebody bump in to your bumper.Went you park (auto) or leave in gear(Manual).Thanks for the input.
Old 08-12-2001, 06:28 PM
hjerrod

looks like we can all relate to this. I intentionally scope out the nice cars to park by myself. if there are maximas around I am sure to park next to those. I've seen other max owners do the same as last week at the movie theatre I came out to see two 5th gen max's on either side of my 98 to protect it. ha

Old 08-12-2001, 10:19 PM
mk dema

I can totally relate...

Rednecks are the leading cause of new paint jobs. Especially the ones who drive 2 door buicks with rustholes big enough to hide a live chicken (or a small child) inside.

Anyways, I always park next to nicer cars, and farther away from everyone else...I try to park in the back of parking lots where no one else would park. Most people, if they envy your car, are too lazy to walk all the way to the back to key it, and most people that don't care about their cars are lazy and look for close parking spots so they have to walk less.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-12-2001, 10:46 PM

I always look for a car thats nicer then mine, I know it wouldnt get messed up and I know that if someone came to jack a car, they would take the nicer one. If I can't find any nice cars, I just park it by itself somewhere.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:01 AM

Originally posted by hjerrod
... I've seen other max owners do the same as last week at the movie theatre I came out to see two 5th gen max's on either side of my 98 to protect it. ha
thats the funniest thing ive heard in a while
if that happened here there would still be scrape marks on my car as most maxima owners in canada are careless grandparents who have baby seats and enlarged bumpers for extra padding
Old 08-13-2001, 06:38 AM
I'm so hood

Heh...my favorite is when I'll park all far away from anyone in a nearly-empty parking lot, go inside somewhere for 10 mins, come outside, and see some huge pickup parked RIGHT next to me, extremely closely.

I always try to park in safe spots, but it usually doesn't help.

About theft, people break into nicer cars? Heh...is this why Accords and Camrys are the most stolen cars? People aren't going to try to steal a nicer car like a Beemer or a Benz, nor break into them to steal a radio or something. For car thefts, it's more of the kind of accord/camry range of cars, and for possession theft, more of the "teenager"-type cars.
Old 08-13-2001, 08:09 AM

Re: parking

Originally posted by sp6040
i look for the first spot where the parking beging so no one can prk on one side of you..
Yes I do the same but a step further: take the first spot from the right most, and the next car will be on my left. This way the driver's door on next car is away from me, and there is not always a passenger in that car.
However, the past Saturday when I was driving my car out of the parking lot in Santa Cruz Boardway, I saw the big bus in front of me wiping two cars on each side of it. Both victims were on the first spot, and there is no curb to protect them. The damn bus didn't even bother to stop, at least to see and back a little. It just kept wiping and going.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:19 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by 24KP-I-M-P
i doubt im the only one but...
when i park my car any where i always spend the extra time looking for other nice cars to park beside like bmws or MB's cause i know they wont open their doors on mine
i always try to aviod parking beside some hillbillys car cause you know that theyll damage your car in some wierd way
In NYC, parking space is so damn limited that you park anywhere you can. If you see a parking spot you better go and get it if you don't want to park another few blocks away. My 3rd gen was scratched up and hit a bunch of times, I found little surprises on my cars body every time I came out of school or work.
Old 08-13-2001, 09:30 AM

Haha, I thought I was the only one that did this. But as someone said above, I too sometimes park far away in an empty part of the lot and when I come out, some piece of crap car is parked right next to me when there is about 20 spaces open next to it. GRR but when parking close I do look for nicer cars to park next to. It was funny, also like someone said above, I parked next to a BMW once but when I came out there was 4 (including mine) 4th Gen Maxima's parked by me. Take Care
Old 08-13-2001, 09:39 AM

Parking

I am pretty much the same way. People hate it though when we get to the mall and you see a little brown dot about a mile away and I am like. Well here we are. hehe. But also I try to pary somewhere that has a mini island with a tree on it or something protecting 1 side if possible at least. My friends say I remind them of the commercial where the guy goes to get the girl from her house and puts the cover on then when they get back he takes it off.

SuDZ
Old 08-13-2001, 09:52 AM

Re: Parking

Originally posted by SuDZ
I am pretty much the same way. People hate it though when we get to the mall and you see a little brown dot about a mile away and I am like. Well here we are. hehe. But also I try to pary somewhere that has a mini island with a tree on it or something protecting 1 side if possible at least. My friends say I remind them of the commercial where the guy goes to get the girl from her house and puts the cover on then when they get back he takes it off.

SuDZ
LOL, thats pretty funny, yeah I try to park by the mini islands too, that way I know people will only be able to park on one side of me. Take Care
Old 08-13-2001, 11:11 AM

What ****es me off is how inconsiderate people are of other cars. I would (or so i thought) consider most of my fellow employees(IBM) respectable...I guess i was wrong...I came out the ther day with two 15 inch scrapes on my front right bumper, no note, no apology.....