4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I got rear ended and the jerk gave me a cancelled policy #

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 08:40 PM

I got @$$ ended and got the info from the a-hole I left the scene because I was on my way to work and I was on a busy intersection therefore I just got his license, tag #, and his policy number. To make things short I called his insurance company and found out that he was dropped for not paying his premium. I don't want to call my insurance so I need to know how I can get his phone # and address so that I can call hiss punk@$$ and tell him how much he owes me or I'll sue his Toyota Camry driving punk@$$! You guys should know how to find this jerk, from what I understand all I need is his tag right?

I'll never leave an accident again without calling the insurance company first!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 09:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

People say there are sites on the internet where you can get info on someone with a tag number but I havn't found one yet. Try calling the police and tell them what happened and they might help you. You really should have gotten more info or at least a phone number. How badly was your car damaged?
Old 08-16-2001, 09:02 PM

Nelson, did this happen today? First you got cut off by some b!tch, now this? Did it happen out near college and corporate again? Man I feel your pain. I guess both our cars will be going to the shop for a make-over. As far as looking up the dudes tag, you may want to search on yahoo or something, thats my 2cents...godd luck getting the bast@rd to pay!!!
Old 08-16-2001, 09:10 PM

minor damage

I was hit after the guy locked up his brakes because I slowed down to avoid hitting the lady in front of me. The lady stopped on a yellow light in the rain! I hate people that forget that the road is wet when it rains.
Oh BTW Matt, I was on the left lane again on College Drive trying to get on the interstate and BAM. I only got scuff marks from the cheap black bumper but no cracks and some deep scratches but I'm ****ed that the ahole lied about his insurance. He even had his insurance card out and all.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:16 PM
Banned

same thing happened to me.... fake insurance card.... but i got her name and my insurace hunted her down, got her phone number and ended up sueing her.....
Old 08-16-2001, 09:16 PM

Call your local DMV (877)DMV-LINE in Louisiana. Call his insurance company. One or both these sources should be able to help you. If neither do, you can purchase a DMV record check using his driver's license number. Try www.wnrc.com. Next time, copy the info from his driver's license.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:23 PM

thanks for the help guys

thank you much for the 800 number! I already made a claim on his old insurance and they have a recorded statement 30 minutes after the accident. They can't pay but I can use the statement and they can't release any of his personal info.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You won¡¯t believe this!
About 6 months ago I was driving with my Honda (yes! I admit it. I used to be a riceboy *SNIFFS*) on I-85 and this insane a$$hole hit me from nowhere.
He said he fell asleep while he was driving? What the F***!
He looked high I mean real high but police wouldn¡¯t even check his a$$ out!
We¡¯re talking about highway here and I almost got killed!
OK¡¦ when the cop came over he gave him a ticket for improper lane change only and nothing else! Hello? Am I missing something here?
OK.. now the fun part!
He gave police an insurance card and police gave me a card with his information written on.
Next day, I called his home and it was the wrong# so I said what the F***!
I immediately called his insurance company and guess what?
His insurance policy has been cancelled more than a year ago!!! F***ed!
I called my lawyer and they wouldn¡¯t go after him because my lawyer said person who couldn¡¯t even afford the insurance probably doesn¡¯t have any money so suing is waste of time he said¡¦WHAT?
Next day, I called the county court and they said they couldn¡¯t purse against him because his driver license & insurance are registered under CA State and it¡¯s out of their jurisdiction! Hello?
WHAT THE F***!
I contacted the county probate court as well as small claim¡¯s office but they said the same thing! I couldn¡¯t believe myself! Person who F***ed other innocent bystander got away with a improper lane change ticket only?
What kind of state is this?
Anyway, after month of hassle & s**t and he ran away for good and I end up paying $500 no insurance deductible and repairing myself.
Sometimes, life is a bi**h I mean real bi**h.
They rape you so hard you wouldn¡¯t remember a thing.

P.S. Yes, I had his tag & license info and so what? Police won¡¯t even bother to look after him.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:12 PM
Granny Driven

I got rear ended once on my Caddy and the B!tch ran away. Try going to like a lawyers office or a Medical office that takes patience from auto acidents(No fault, thats what its called in NY), they have eccess to that info.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:59 PM

I got a friend who rear ended someone and pretened like she was going to pull over and then when the car in front stoped and got out, she booked it...
Old 08-16-2001, 11:14 PM

sorry to hear that....check out this sites to find people..it might help

http://www.docusearch.com/cgi-local/...page=menu.html

http://www.1800ussearch.com/
Old 08-17-2001, 10:41 AM

Thanks. Sorry to hear some of your accidents

Thanks Bolido, I'll try to find his name tonight. If he doesn't have money to get sued then perhaps something unfourtunate like four flats may come his way courtesy of bad karma or the gods.HAHAHAHA
Old 08-17-2001, 01:15 PM
Kevlo for President

Originally posted by sickmen
You won¡¯t believe this!
About 6 months ago I was driving with my Honda (yes! I admit it. I used to be a riceboy *SNIFFS*) on I-85 and this insane a$$hole hit me from nowhere.
He said he fell asleep while he was driving? What the F***!
He looked high I mean real high but police wouldn¡¯t even check his a$$ out!
We¡¯re talking about highway here and I almost got killed!
OK¡¦ when the cop came over he gave him a ticket for improper lane change only and nothing else! Hello? Am I missing something here?
OK.. now the fun part!
He gave police an insurance card and police gave me a card with his information written on.
Next day, I called his home and it was the wrong# so I said what the F***!
I immediately called his insurance company and guess what?
His insurance policy has been cancelled more than a year ago!!! F***ed!
I called my lawyer and they wouldn¡¯t go after him because my lawyer said person who couldn¡¯t even afford the insurance probably doesn¡¯t have any money so suing is waste of time he said¡¦WHAT?
Next day, I called the county court and they said they couldn¡¯t purse against him because his driver license & insurance are registered under CA State and it¡¯s out of their jurisdiction! Hello?
WHAT THE F***!
I contacted the county probate court as well as small claim¡¯s office but they said the same thing! I couldn¡¯t believe myself! Person who F***ed other innocent bystander got away with a improper lane change ticket only?
What kind of state is this?
Anyway, after month of hassle & s**t and he ran away for good and I end up paying $500 no insurance deductible and repairing myself.
Sometimes, life is a bi**h I mean real bi**h.
They rape you so hard you wouldn¡¯t remember a thing.

P.S. Yes, I had his tag & license info and so what? Police won¡¯t even bother to look after him.
that sucks
Old 08-17-2001, 01:17 PM

sorry to hear man. people in just don't know how to drive.

Old 08-17-2001, 02:04 PM
RPalka

Something similar happened to me. I was hit and runned. I told my insurance company and they fixed it deductible free and my rates did not go up. They found the guy that hit me through the license plate and I think they charged him with something.

RJP

Old 08-17-2001, 02:15 PM

He probably forgot to pay his premium. People do that sometimes When the bill came in, put it aside, and forgot. I did that one time. When they sent me a final notice, I didn't wait the mail to go in, I drove to my agent and drop off the check personally.

Now. To the pay-back part. Call the police. File a report. Give them all the info. I will also call a lawyer or your insurance agent.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nelson, I hope things work out for you. I hate people like that. I have a friend that had a similar thing happened to him. At that time, he didn't know the other driver had some kind of fake insurance. Anyway, he ended up paying for the damages out of his pocket because the other driver ran away and was never found. Best of luck.

Michael