4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

going to buy nos what else do i need..

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001 | 09:28 PM

going to buy a 30 shot nos kit from this company. do i need to upgrade my fuel rail? pulleys? cams? etc.? help me out the sooner i get the info the sooner ill be squezzing with u guys. hehe.=D. so ill be going then. oh ya. i got a 96 gle automajic. forgot that important little peice of info. hehe. take care and thanks brian.
Old 08-25-2001 | 12:11 AM

If you are only running a 30 shot, you will not need to upgrade anything. I am using the JC Whitney Kit right now, only a 50 shot.

You can getr away with a 50 even 60 shot on teh stop fuel pump, anything higher you will need to buy a new one.

You do not have to replace fuel rails, pulleys, or even retard timing. The timing can only be retarded if the ECU is reprogramed. Or you get teh JWT NOS ECU which is like $700.

I dont know how much a 30 shot will do but i know a 50 works pretty well.

I would get a EGT & FP gauge. The A/F is mostly for looks. With the 30 shot, you wont even really need any. I would get a window switch though to prevent spraying @ a low rpm. Make sure you have a FPSS too. A bottle heater is optional but good to maintain a consistent bottle PSI. A Purge kit is mostly for show but optional. A bottle blanket is not even worth it enless you want to hide the bottle heater.
Old 08-25-2001 | 12:23 AM

Originally posted by hawaii_maxxed
going to buy a 30 shot nos kit from this company. do i need to upgrade my fuel rail? pulleys? cams? etc.? help me out the sooner i get the info the sooner ill be squezzing with u guys. hehe.=D. so ill be going then. oh ya. i got a 96 gle automajic. forgot that important little peice of info. hehe. take care and thanks brian.
A 30 shot? That's pretty tame, even for an automagic. You will definately NOT need to upgrade the fuel system. Getting an Underdrive Pulley is just a good idea regardless of NOS but certainly not necessary. Since there are no aftermarket cams for the 4th gen, (and like everything else you don't need them) you can't have them anyway.

My suggestion? Get a 60 shot and Don's valve body upgrade (www.mobiletek.net) You'll still be good with the stock fuel system with that. NOS has a 60 shot kit for the Maxima. Make sure you get all the safety equipment like the RPM window switch, purge valve kit, WOT switch, fuel pressure safety switch, thermal safety switch. These things will help ensure nothing goes wrong. Some optional accessories you might want to pick up are a remote bottle opener so if you want to race on the street (which some would look down upon but not somebody as evil as me) you don't have to get out, run to your trunk and open the bottle up and you can't really drive with it open or it'll leak out slowly taking away pressure. Also a bottle heater to keep the pressure up when you're running low.
Old 08-25-2001 | 05:24 AM

wow thanks for the fast info..

thanks people. i guess ill go 60 shot now. hehe. so gauges and all the other goddies too ehhh. alright. i hope i clock maybe 14's or low 15's. i clock high 15's thats why. thanks again for the info. brian