4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Some newbie questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 08:05 PM

Hi all. I just got my 97 Super black GLE a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. I found this board not long after and I'm really excited about the possibilities. My clear corners are already on their way!
I need a factory spoiler. Where is a good place to get one? Are they difficult to install? Do they come painted and if not what does that run? I also need some Maxima floor mats can you point me in the right direction for those as well? Thanks for your input.

Miguel
Old 08-25-2001, 08:48 PM

Welcome to the ORG

First of all I want to say Welcome to the Org....

If you look at the Items for sale here on the Org you might find a spoiler that is painted. New ones come Unpainted. The install is not the Hard Drill and wire up the brake light and your done... The hard part is to make sure it's centered.

If you look at the FAQ sticky post here under 4th Gen you will see a few dealers listed that give Org members a discount you can try them for your floor mats.
Old 08-25-2001, 10:32 PM

welcome!

hi miguel, welcome to our "club". i bought an aftermarket spoiler for my 95 gle at a website called "www.spoiler.ws"
i actually won it at an ebay auction for $101, but i think they sell the unpainted exact replica for $120 or so. i had a local body chop paint and install it for $125 and it looks identical. good luck & see you around,
maury
Originally posted by Miguel97GLE
Hi all. I just got my 97 Super black GLE a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. I found this board not long after and I'm really excited about the possibilities. My clear corners are already on their way!
I need a factory spoiler. Where is a good place to get one? Are they difficult to install? Do they come painted and if not what does that run? I also need some Maxima floor mats can you point me in the right direction for those as well? Thanks for your input.

Miguel
Old 08-25-2001, 10:39 PM

Re: Welcome to the ORG

THanks for the reply. Can someone tell me what it might cost to get a spoiler painted? Also I seen plastic and Fiberglass spoilers offered. Which is better?

Miguel
Old 08-25-2001, 10:56 PM

Re: Re: Welcome to the ORG

hi again miguel. the owner of the body shop where mine was painted, said generally the plastic ones are better. he said many of the fiberglass ones he's painted in the past crack & chip very easily. hope that helps you decide. it was his opinion to stay away from anything in the jc whitney catalog ... i can't agree or disagree, that's just his pro opinion. he also told me that painting the spoiler separately is very easy, since they don't have to mask the whole car for overspray. shop around, but i wouldn't pay more than $75 for the paint job. megamax made a good point, maybe someone here can sell you a used painted one.
maury
THanks for the reply. Can someone tell me what it might cost to get a spoiler painted? Also I seen plastic and Fiberglass spoilers offered. Which is better?

Miguel
Old 08-26-2001, 01:07 PM

Re: Re: Welcome to the ORG

Miguel
EVERYTHING should cost you about 200-250 bucks...depends on your luck...shouldnt be more than that though...
Old 08-26-2001, 05:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Welcome to the ORG

Originally posted by Maury
hi again miguel. the owner of the body shop where mine was painted, said generally the plastic ones are better. he said many of the fiberglass ones he's painted in the past crack & chip very easily. hope that helps you decide. it was his opinion to stay away from anything in the jc whitney catalog ... i can't agree or disagree, that's just his pro opinion. he also told me that painting the spoiler separately is very easy, since they don't have to mask the whole car for overspray. shop around, but i wouldn't pay more than $75 for the paint job. megamax made a good point, maybe someone here can sell you a used painted one.
maury
Since fiberglass doesn't readily bend, it is not recommended that DIYers install fiberglass...