4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

2001 Eclipse GT Spyder - killed, and an RX7 too

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 03:20 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Just say something like "I'll call this shop and try to find out what I can"

I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you, item for item, where your money is going.

You havent even offered to get any info. There are plenty of other Max owners that would love some nice con rods or valve springs, please share the wealth.
Old 09-04-2001, 03:21 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
How about you call this shop and find out where all your money is going. "I dont care what they do, as long as they do it". I'm sure they'd be happy to tell you exactly what they have in mind. I know there are plenty of other Max owners that would love to get their greasy paws on some nice con rods or valve springs. If your shop has a line on these kind of parts, find out what it is and help out the rest of the community.

You still havent offered to find out any of the info I asked for. You've just steadfastly refused to get specific. A single response like, "I'll see what I can find out"...instead of, "I dont know or care to know what these people will be doing to my car" , would get you a little closer to credibility.
"I will see what I can find out." Happy? Like I said about 3 posts up, Im now not sure if they are just BS'ing me at the shop or not. I didnt know that no one else could get the springs and rods. I havent paid the shop for th eparts yet and didnt intend to do so until I took posession of them. If this engine part falls through I will not be happy, but I will be glad I didnt pay upfront. Since you seem mainly interested in that aspect I will try to call them tomorrow since they are closed for the day. Check back here tomorrow.

Bill99 - medic did, and I still post it. Mostly because only a select few seem to care.

Kirk
Old 09-04-2001, 03:22 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Medic,

Will you please tell him that his sig doesn't have to be shown with EVERY SINGLE POST.

That thing takes up half a page.......

If he didnt show it, how would we know he has a nearly stock auto max that can run a 14.8. No one would believe him if he didnt include that every time.
Old 09-04-2001, 03:32 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

Bill99 - medic did, and I still post it. Mostly because only a select few seem to care.

Kirk
One person isnt a "few"...
Old 09-04-2001, 03:34 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

If he didnt show it, how would we know he has a nearly stock auto max that can run a 14.8. No one would believe him if he didnt include that every time.
I wonder if those KYB AGXs are shipping today......
Old 09-04-2001, 03:35 PM

For as much time as you spend flaming my sig, you should spend a little time reading it. "nearly stock" - HAHAHAHAHA! Thanks, need another laugh. You are really stuck on the 14.8 (CORRECTED FOR ALTITUDE...) part arent you. Oh well, I keep it mostly because you dont like it. I have never said that I can run a 14.8. I have never said that I did run a 14.8. Thats why it says "Corrected for altitude". Read a little closer next time, which is now since I will post the sig again.

Kirk
Old 09-04-2001, 03:41 PM

1995 Pebble Beige Auto
I took possession of this car on June 13th, 2001 (at that time it was stock)
"Speed Kills - Drive a Honda and live forever"
"Powered by Honda - I eat them for breakfast!"
H.O.N.D.A. = Had One Never Drive Another & How Odd, No D*** Acceleration(Thanks Shadou)
"You have a V-what under there?...Is that why your car sounds like a motorcycle?" - Borrowed from fellow Maxima.org member
"When I start my car I want my neighbors to think the world is comming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
"If speed kills, do brakes give life?"
From AIM: A friend-"Your subs are nuts!! I've never heard that much bass before in my life"
Me-"Really?"
Friend-"Yeah, seriously. I felt like I was going deaf sitting in the back of your car, it was like a massage from heaven"

Looks and Sound:Tinted windows(10%), 6 color Indiglo guages, "Upgraded" Alarm, Clear Corners, shaved "NISSAN" hamberger and "MAXIMA" off trunk, KICKER ZR460 amp, four (4) Stock Bose 6.5", KICKER DX700, two (2) KICKER Solo Baric 12" L7 subs in a sealed box(the amp is big enough to still push them and I need the trunk space for college), Clarion MP3 face, Nismo badge, PIAA 1500 series Ion Driving lights(rewired to run on parking lights).

Performance: Place Racing CAI, Stillen Y-pipe, Random Technology Cat, Custom 3" dual cat-back exhaust, Complete brake kit(Stillen cross drilled rotors, Axxis pads, SS lines, Racing brake fluid), Stillen RSB, Stillen FSTB.

In Living Room: Weapon R Circuit Pro Suspension Coilovers, Stillen V1 Supercharger.

In The Mail: A second Kicker DX700 amp, 2 pair of Kicker RS6 seporates, Stillen adjustable front camber plates and Under car complete neon lighting kit.

On Special Order: KYB AGX shocks(scheduled to ship Sept. 4th)

Upcomming mods: Blitz V2 blow off valve, ECU upgrade, VB upgrade, Transmission cooler, 75 shot of NOS, OEM fog lights, 5-speed(maybe 6-speed) conversion.

Best 1/4: 14.846@95.58 mph(corrected for altitude) In a '95 GXE auto with 152,000 miles!(I cant wait to see what the Supercharger does!)
Old 09-04-2001, 03:43 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

In your precious sig you misspelled:

h-a-m-b-u-r-g-e-r
s-e-p-e-r-a-t-e-s

And those AGXs that are supposedly shipping todat arent shocks, they are struts...
Old 09-04-2001, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
1995 Pebble Beige Auto
I took possession of this car on June 13th, 2001 (at that time it was stock)
"Speed Kills - Drive a Honda and live forever"
"Powered by Honda - I eat them for breakfast!"
H.O.N.D.A. = Had One Never Drive Another & How Odd, No D*** Acceleration(Thanks Shadou)
"You have a V-what under there?...Is that why your car sounds like a motorcycle?" - Borrowed from fellow Maxima.org member
"When I start my car I want my neighbors to think the world is comming to an end!" - Homer Simpson
"If speed kills, do brakes give life?"
From AIM: A friend-"Your subs are nuts!! I've never heard that much bass before in my life"
Me-"Really?"
Friend-"Yeah, seriously. I felt like I was going deaf sitting in the back of your car, it was like a massage from heaven"

Looks and Sound:Tinted windows(10%), 6 color Indiglo guages, "Upgraded" Alarm, Clear Corners, shaved "NISSAN" hamberger and "MAXIMA" off trunk, KICKER ZR460 amp, four (4) Stock Bose 6.5", KICKER DX700, two (2) KICKER Solo Baric 12" L7 subs in a sealed box(the amp is big enough to still push them and I need the trunk space for college), Clarion MP3 face, Nismo badge, PIAA 1500 series Ion Driving lights(rewired to run on parking lights).

Performance: Place Racing CAI, Stillen Y-pipe, Random Technology Cat, Custom 3" dual cat-back exhaust, Complete brake kit(Stillen cross drilled rotors, Axxis pads, SS lines, Racing brake fluid), Stillen RSB, Stillen FSTB.

In Living Room: Weapon R Circuit Pro Suspension Coilovers, Stillen V1 Supercharger.

In The Mail: A second Kicker DX700 amp, 2 pair of Kicker RS6 seporates, Stillen adjustable front camber plates and Under car complete neon lighting kit.

On Special Order: KYB AGX shocks(scheduled to ship Sept. 4th)

Upcomming mods: Blitz V2 blow off valve, ECU upgrade, VB upgrade, Transmission cooler, 75 shot of NOS, OEM fog lights, 5-speed(maybe 6-speed) conversion.

Best 1/4: 14.846@95.58 mph(corrected for altitude) In a '95 GXE auto with 152,000 miles!(I cant wait to see what the Supercharger does!)

I really wish I could read it....it's so small....
Old 09-04-2001, 03:54 PM

One person isnt a "few"...
Obviously you are not the only one(bill, medic)

mzmtg - its good to see that you are finaly spending time reading the sig you so dearly love. Thanks for the info on the misspellings. Oh, and what is the difference between shocks and struts anyways? I've always wondered.

Bill - Tirerack.com said that once again they are being delayed. Im glad that you are amused, that is the true purpose of my sig.

Medic - Thanks for making the print larger, I was having trouble reading it too.

Keep the flames comming. I take it as a compliment that I can have 3 people(including a moderator) flaming me at the same time for telling the truth and simply having a long sig.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:01 PM

Bill - Tirerack.com said that once again they are being delayed. Im glad that you are amused, that is the true purpose of my sig.

Keep the flames comming. I take it as a compliment that I can have 3 people(including a moderator) flaming me at the same time for telling the truth and simply having a long sig.
I AM NOT A MODERATOR IN THIS FORUM.

I hope that's clear.

Furthermore, I didn't flame. You haven't had the privilege of a true flame nor will you.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:02 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

You havent told any truth yet.

"I ordered new con rods for my max"

"what kind? from where?"

"I dont care where they come from, but I got em"

"you dont care?"

"no, and stop asking me, I wont tell you, just accept it"

This is not how you tell the truth. This is how you make it look like you are lying through your teeth.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:12 PM

You havent told any truth yet.

"I ordered new con rods for my max"

"what kind? from where?"

"I dont care where they come from, but I got em"

"you dont care?"

"no, and stop asking me, I wont tell you, just accept it"

This is not how you tell the truth. This is how you make it look like you are lying through your teeth.
You need to go back and re-read your quotes from above. I never said I ordered new con rods so you cant quote me on that. I never said I got "em" I said that I dont care about brand as long as they will work and not blow the engine. You never asked me if I didnt care or not, and further more I never posted "no, and stop asking me, I wont tell you, just accept it" as you say that I did. I said that I dont know what you are gaining out of it so you should just give up. You only had one accurate part out of all of those quotes. "dI dont care where they come from" is true, I did post that. When you get your facts straight it will be much easier to answer your questions. Oh, and I have not lied to you yet on this thread. I even posted that the shop said I would have to upgrade a bunch of things that I dodnt know what they are.

Bill - I never said that you were a moderator on THIS forum. But you are a moderator non the less. Not one respected by me, but hey, you have your opinions and I have mine.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:19 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

How much do custom plates cost in CO?

Old 09-04-2001, 04:21 PM

How much do custom plates cost in CO?

About $40 every year. That actually looks good, but the font is a little too thin. I'll check tomorrow at the DMV if that one is taken or not. Thanks for a cool idea.

Kirk

P.S. Im very impressed. Now not only do I have a moderator mad at me but people are even adjusting parts of my car for me, this is cool!
Old 09-04-2001, 04:22 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

About $40 every year. That actually looks good, but the font is a little too thin. I'll check tomorrow at the DMV if that one is taken or not. Thanks for a cool idea.

Kirk

P.S. Im very impressed. Now not only do I have a moderator mad at me but people are even adjusting parts of my car for me, this is cool!

Well, I had to get all the letters to fit...
Old 09-04-2001, 04:23 PM

Old 09-04-2001, 04:28 PM

Well, I had to get all the letters to fit...
Good point, didnt think of that.

Medic - haha, thats cool, what kind of photo shop software did you use?

Kirk

P.S. I'll bet someone will come on here and acuse(sp?) us of being post ******.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Old 09-04-2001, 04:40 PM

CHRRRT POSSIBLE WHORING IN PROGRESS!!! CHRRRT
Old 09-04-2001, 04:44 PM

SCRRRT ROGER THAT!! SCRRRT
Old 09-04-2001, 04:46 PM

Paint Shop Pro 7, from Jasc, Inc. www.jasc.com HIGHLY recommended. The photo touch up features alone make it worth it. BTW, it comes bundled with Animation Shop 3, allowing you to make animated GIFs.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by gtr_rider
CHRRRT POSSIBLE WHORING IN PROGRESS!!! CHRRRT
are you calling me a *****?
Old 09-04-2001, 06:14 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well duh he has dual exhaust=14.8 ...
it all makes sense now..
Old 09-04-2001, 06:43 PM

Paint Shop Pro 7, from Jasc, Inc. www.jasc.com HIGHLY recommended. The photo touch up features alone make it worth it. BTW, it comes bundled with Animation Shop 3, allowing you to make animated GIFs.
Sweet, thanks. And yes...its all in the duals.

Kirk
Old 09-04-2001, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
are you calling me a *****?
well....

yea!
Old 09-05-2001, 02:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah...so?

I dusted a 1/4 Pounder w/cheese....downed it in 12.6

3RD G E N R U L E S !!!

Seriously though, I've read all the posts and don't really understand why you are being so hard on a fellow MAXer.
I think what he's saying is -- he isn't necessarily a walking bible of part numbers, and he doesn't know for sure what will work in the end.
He's just looking to create the fastest possible ride, so he's letting some tekkies, and his cousin (let's call him Vinnie) handle the specifics.
In the middle of it all, he's got everyone screaming NO WAY at him. In humiliating him, he is forced to save face by answering specifics he can't really answer. His only other choice is to walk away with his tail between his legs.

You guys may be absolutely right -- he may be dreaming big time. But who are we to kill other people's dreams?

Sincerely,
Preston Tucker - A Man and His Dream
Old 09-05-2001, 02:08 AM

Re: Yeah...so?

Originally posted by hadman

3RD G E N R U L E S !!!

Seriously though, I've read all the posts and don't really understand why you are being so hard on a fellow MAXer.
I think what he's saying is -- he isn't necessarily a walking bible of part numbers, and he doesn't know for sure what will work in the end.
He's just looking to create the fastest possible ride, so he's letting some tekkies, and his cousin (let's call him Vinnie) handle the specifics.
In the middle of it all, he's got everyone screaming NO WAY at him. In humiliating him, he is forced to save face by answering specifics he can't really answer. His only other choice is to walk away with his tail between his legs.

You guys may be absolutely right -- he may be dreaming big time. But who are we to kill other people's dreams?

Sincerely,
Thank you.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 02:56 AM

Re: Yeah...so?

Originally posted by hadman

3RD G E N R U L E S !!!

Sincerely,
Old 09-05-2001, 03:52 AM

You kids need to grow up..
Old 09-05-2001, 03:58 AM

Originally posted by got rice?
You kids need to grow up..
Is Bill a kid too, or just us youngins?
Old 09-05-2001, 05:06 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Sweet, thanks. And yes...its all in the duals.

Kirk
Dont start thinking we're all buddy buddy mow, and we're just pickin on ya for fun. Most of us still think you're full of it.

So, are you going to do the rest of the .org a favor and call the shop to find out where we can get these high performance parts too. Or even just tell us the name and number of the shop thats getting them for you, that would help us all out immensely.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:49 AM

Is Bill a kid too, or just us youngins?
No, since I know when to stop.

Oh, that and I moderate in this forum.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:41 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

You need to go back and re-read your quotes from above.
I did, here's what I found:

I never said I ordered new con rods so you cant quote me on that..
Yes you did, on page 2 of this thread:

"Here are some of the parts we have on order already: Piston rods, Valve springs and BIG injectors. We just started to get that together over the weekend and I know you will want me to update you as we keep going..."

Oh, and I have not lied to you yet on this thread.
It appears that you have...
Old 09-05-2001, 08:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hmmmmm...

I guess if you wait till a couple of the new max's get wrecked you could have a 6-speed....
Old 09-05-2001, 09:58 AM

"Here are some of the parts we have on order already: Piston rods, Valve springs and BIG injectors. We just started to get that together over the weekend and I know you will want me to update you as we keep going..."

Bill - I never said you were a moderator on THIS thread. I only stated that you were a moderator, which in fact you are.

mzmtg - I said "piston rods" not the part you stated. And I noticed that is the only one you could prove too...hmmm...I guess I just proved I didnt lie, because of symantics. I will be calling the shop today after class ~ 4:30pm colorado time.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 10:07 AM

Bill - I never said you were a moderator on THIS fourm. I only stated that you were a moderator, which in fact you are.

mzmtg - I said "piston rods" not the part you stated. And I noticed that is the only one you could prove too...hmmm...I guess I just proved I didnt lie, because of symantics. I will be calling the shop today after class ~ 4:30pm colorado time.

Kirk
Old 09-05-2001, 11:10 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

What is the difference between a piston rod and a connecting rod?

Or do you not know, and dont care to know again?

There is only one rod associated with the piston...the connecting rod. So, if you ordered "piston rods" you were lying, there is no such thing.

And when you call the shop, remember to ask for manufacturers and part numbers. They will definitely know these, since they are the ones doing the ordering. I hope you are for real...
Old 09-05-2001, 04:11 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

What? No news? No surprise...
Old 09-05-2001, 04:18 PM

In Kirks defense, it is barely 5 o'clock, so just give him some time to redeem himself.

Quick Reply: 2001 Eclipse GT Spyder - killed, and an RX7 too