4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My car was vandalised today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001 | 05:13 PM
Granny Driven

My car was vandalised today!

Well I come out in the morning and I see my beauty standing on plastic boxes. No rimssss. Who would take them? They were scratched and had kind of worn pirelli P 6000.
Old 09-21-2001 | 05:17 PM

Re: My car was vandalised today!

Originally posted by 190hpKiLLA
Well I come out in the morning and I see my beauty standing on plastic boxes. No rimssss. Who would take them? They were scratched and had kind of worn pirelli P 6000.
OUCH! Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Old 09-21-2001 | 05:18 PM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

sorry to hear that

btw, your missing 2 studs in your masterpiece.
Old 09-21-2001 | 05:22 PM

I feel your pain, man. Today..went to eat lunch, and after coming out from the restaurant, found a large dent with beige paint smears on my passenger side rear fender (in front of the bumper, behind the rear wheel well). Some idiot hit my car, didn't leave a note, and drove away. Called my insurance company, and it's classified as "hit and run". Car goes into the shop (and under the knife) on Monday. <sigh>

Thieves and dishonest motorists....****es me off big time.
Old 09-21-2001 | 06:25 PM
Granny Driven

Re: Re: My car was vandalised today!

Originally posted by Eric L.

I feel your pain, man. Today..went to eat lunch, and after coming out from the restaurant, found a large dent with beige paint smears on my passenger side rear fender (in front of the bumper, behind the rear wheel well). Some idiot hit my car, didn't leave a note, and drove away. Called my insurance company, and it's classified as "hit and run". Car goes into the shop (and under the knife) on Monday. <sigh>

It hurts when things like that happen!
Old 09-21-2001 | 07:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That sucks. I've been meaning to get some wheel locks. Nissan sells them for $25
Old 09-21-2001 | 07:11 PM

I agree. Back in January some ****er broke my driver side corner light and made a huge dent on the fender. No note or anything.

The thing that p!sses me off is that I have to pay out of my own pocket to fix something I didn't do.
Old 09-21-2001 | 07:40 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Re: Re: My car was vandalised today!

where do u live?
Old 09-21-2001 | 07:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: My car was vandalised today!

Originally posted by NickStam
where do u live?
Eastern MA
Old 09-21-2001 | 08:06 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

damn... people these days man... they can't buy their own f-ing parts... ****es me off
Old 09-21-2001 | 08:12 PM

sorry to hear that
Old 09-21-2001 | 09:41 PM

Sorry to hear that man, good luck with insurance and stuff.
Old 09-21-2001 | 09:44 PM

The same thing happened to me, I was hit and the guy didnt even leave a note. I finally caught the bastard you did it and he paid for it. I didn't have my car back for more than 3 days when some other a-hole hit the right rear between the bumper and the wheel well, leaving a nice big dent. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pay this one out of my pocket!
Old 09-21-2001 | 09:52 PM

Sorry to hear that I feel your pain, I had all 4 of my reg. GXE steel wheels stolen...why would anyone want them? About the hit and run situation, some guy hit me on the road while driving and kept on driving when I caught up to him and the cops showed up he was like i didn't know I hit him...people are idiots unless they drive a max.
Old 09-21-2001 | 09:55 PM

WTF?!?!??!?!

Are you serious!?!?!? please tell me you are joking (?)

****ing bastards! is your car in a private driveway or what? Damn, that's some bull****... no one is safe anymore...

Everyone... mark your rims in someway, a scratch on the inside of the rim or something not significant but will remain there no matter what.... If your rims are even taken, and they are fairly rare in your area.... if you ever see a car with the same rims, follow the car and check out the rims.. I'd seriously beat someones *** for that ****.

Sorry to hear that. i still hope you are joking man...
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:00 PM

Hell ****ing yeah.
I got a scratch down the right side of my car from 1 door the the next... I didn't see it until a couple of days ago... Mother****ers, I can't believe this. My car was scratch free when I baught it with my last $ and now I have this **** and a few others! %&##$ &#&$@ !@$!$@^%#*^#%^#$!!!!!!!!!
190hpKilla.. this is why I hate Brooklyn, even POS cars get vandalized.
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:00 PM

Hell ****ing yeah.
I got a scratch down the right side of my car from 1 door the the next... I didn't see it until a couple of days ago... Mother****ers, I can't believe this. My car was scratch free when I baught it with my last $ and now I have this **** and a few others! %&##$ &#&$@ !@$!$@^%#*^#%^#$!!!!!!!!!
190hpKilla.. this is why I hate Brooklyn, even POS cars get vandalized. Not saying your car is POS... My dads 87 Sable had it's side mirrors taken back when i lived in BK.
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:04 PM

Sorry to hear about the vandalism. This might sound like a stupid question but did you have rim locks??
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:15 PM

glad the first thing i did was to buy locking lug nuts the day the wheels came in
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:47 PM
Granny Driven

where do u live?
H E L L NO ! I aint telling you where I live. You will come and steal my new rimZ. LOL( Brooklyn just between you and me)
Old 09-21-2001 | 10:49 PM
Granny Driven

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

WTF?!?!??!?!

Are you serious!?!?!? please tell me you are joking (?)

****ing bastards! is your car in a private driveway or what? Damn, that's some bull****... no one is safe anymore...

Everyone... mark your rims in someway, a scratch on the inside of the rim or something not significant but will remain there no matter what.... If your rims are even taken, and they are fairly rare in your area.... if you ever see a car with the same rims, follow the car and check out the rims.. I'd seriously beat someones *** for that ****.

well maybe if you would off picked up the phone you knew earlier. I called and left like 10 messages cause I needed donuts or old rims.

Sorry to hear that. i still hope you are joking man...
Old 09-21-2001 | 11:30 PM

daaaaaamn...
Sorry about that man, I know, my phone was f-cked up all day today. No one was able to reach me, and I went to Jersey to get some leather seats or maybe a spoiler and got stuck in traffic so I wasn't home most of the day.... This sucks, because..... i have spare rims! off my 93 SE, still lying around, although 1 tire is so worn that it is dead.... let me know whats up, if you still need rims or what, you can borrow these until you get something else..... call me up tomorrow man.... try my house, my cell is f-ked . btw, sorry about not calling you later on the weekend, i ended up not going to Bk.. should have called u and told you, my bad....
Old 09-21-2001 | 11:47 PM

Seems like August was crash month and September was vandalism month. I got broken into yesterday too.
Old 09-21-2001 | 11:50 PM

That sucks, i'm going to go get some wheel locks. tire place said i couldnt use the ones i already paid for for my stock rims on my aftermarkets. some bastard already stole my "fancy" air cap covers.
Old 09-21-2001 | 11:56 PM

Originally posted by Stillen_I30
That sucks, i'm going to go get some wheel locks. tire place said i couldnt use the ones i already paid for for my stock rims on my aftermarkets. some bastard already stole my "fancy" air cap covers.

yeah, i used to have nice "chrome" caps back when i had my 3rd gen, they were gone within 2 days lol... damn thieves. I didn't care since i got them free with the rims along with lugs etc.
Old 09-22-2001 | 06:26 AM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Too bad the car didnt fall on them b@$tards
Old 09-22-2001 | 08:30 AM
Granny Driven

Come by this weekend NYCE MAXIMA and we will work on your lights. Also to all those who think this is a month of vandalism you are wrong! We have to think positive and try not to get our selfs down. "Its life you have to deal with it"
Old 09-22-2001 | 08:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

My friend had just gotten his max with 18's, a spoiler, front lip, leather seats, and a nice stereo.. someone bashed in the windows cut up all the leather, ripped out the stereo, jacked the car up on blocks and took the rims, nabbed the front spoler and then my friend had to come out and see this after work (he worked at a mall).

He called insurance, luckily he had listed everything for his car to his insurance and they covered it all and replaced it all with 8 G's... he was happy for that, but took some time to get everything replaced..

We shouldn't have to buy wheels locks and all this crap, people should just not steal ****. Good luck man..
Old 09-22-2001 | 09:29 AM
I'm so hood

Ouch...yea, can't park a car like that at the mall (in response to sadlers last post)

Personally I'm against just about anything too aesthetically flossy like most rims (I'm OK with say, 17" 5-spokes, stuff like that), exhaust, kits, etc, and possibly the biggest reason for that is all that stuff attracts wayyy too much extra attention (that's the intention, sometimes), especially too much attention from thieves.

The one thing I like to mod out is sound systems...but I'm almost too scared to get my stereo put in the maxi. I transferred to an "off-campus" style state school this semester, and lots of cars are getting broken into...one day, one right beside my maxi, and another right behind my maxi.

Damned thieves.
Old 09-22-2001 | 11:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that Val.
Old 09-22-2001 | 01:07 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

where do u live?
190hpkilla lives in Crooklyn. Second time this yr on the org I've heard Maximas standing on milk cartons (the other Maxima was in Queens). Things like this paves way to why car insurance premiums are so high in NY Metro Area.

Sorry to hear that Mmm... I have 2 different sets of wheel locks on my 17s for whatever its worth. Honestly, wheel locks have little impact for the pros who do this for a living. Just like carjacking.

I know JJW95SC on the org (aka Jim) has been trying to sell a set of stock 4th gen SE wheels and he's local (in NJ). PM him if you're interested.

My car's been sitting in Crooklyn for almost 2 months, being stripped as we speak... in a good way though.
Old 09-22-2001 | 01:37 PM

VAL!!!!

I might be free tomorrow.... I have lots of school **** to do right now, hopefully i can finish it today, then tomorrow afternoon i can be in Brooklyn. Call my home, I don't have your phone #s since it was saved in my cell and it's messed up. I need a new battery or somethin'. Also, if you are still looking for replacement rims for the time being, you can borrow my 3rd gen rims really.... call my house if anything, i'll be here for a while.
Old 09-22-2001 | 02:12 PM

where do u live?

This happened in Davis, California. It's near Sacramento.
Old 09-22-2001 | 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Max96LSU

The same thing happened to me, I was hit and the guy didnt even leave a note. I finally caught the bastard you did it and he paid for it. I didn't have my car back for more than 3 days when some other a-hole hit the right rear between the bumper and the wheel well, leaving a nice big dent. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pay this one out of my pocket!

Yep, my dent is in the same place. This is the second time I got a dent there...seems to be weak spot for the car, the metal section near the bumper behind the wheel. Unlike other cars, the Maxima has a bumper that only partially covers the rear fender. If this happened to say, a Camry or Accord, those cars would have escaped unscathed (bumper would bounce back).

Just checked with my insurance...$500 deductible, and I'll be on the road again. Oh well, could have been worse.
Old 09-22-2001 | 02:31 PM

Originally posted by TILLEYS99
Too bad the car didnt fall on them b@$tards
yeah right, they would probably try to sue
Old 09-22-2001 | 02:43 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Well by now there on e-bay, better hope you get them before i do ...............
Old 09-22-2001 | 06:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car was vandalised today!

Originally posted by MaxPerformanceSE

Eastern MA
Did I ask you?
Old 09-22-2001 | 07:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What the F man?
Last month was accidents, this month theft.
I guess in theft there is no physical injury....
Old 09-22-2001 | 07:55 PM

my maxima has been through everything from being stolen to getting keyed by player haters. i understand its a bad feeling.sorry to hear that man.i hope your insurance covers the rims.
Old 09-22-2001 | 08:04 PM

valve caps

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa

yeah, i used to have nice "chrome" caps back when i had my 3rd gen, they were gone within 2 days lol... damn thieves. I didn't care since i got them free with the rims along with lugs etc.
i to had my valve caps taken many times i even tried to tighten them with an adjustable wrench and they still were stolen.i dont care they are only the basic chrome ones for 4$.the only way to prevent having them stolen is to take them off when you park.but who wants to go through that b.s. bastards damn thiefs.

Quick Reply: My car was vandalised today!