4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My car got stolen!!! oh yeah..a maxima sighting too.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 02:29 PM

has anyone ever seen/had one of those alarms that shocks you when you touch the car....do they work?....how much are they?....they seem like they would be pretty effective to me....
Old 09-24-2001, 02:34 PM

I saw this thing in South Africa they sell...

...if a thief approaches your car, side pipes shoot flames around your entire vehicle, like a neon underbody kit that shoots flames instead. The entire car gets surrounded, and the retart gets burnt. I think it is mainly for car jackings though(I think it can only be operated from inside the car.)

All kidding aside.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:34 PM

Illegal.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:41 PM

Ahhh man, really,

Originally posted by medicsonic
Illegal.
I was just about to phone the embassador or whatever of South Africa too!!

I better tell ya I'm just kidding, incase ya couldn't figure it out.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:48 PM

Re: Ahhh man, really,

Originally posted by BRIGBOY

I was just about to phone the embassador or whatever of South Africa too!!

I better tell ya I'm just kidding, incase ya couldn't figure it out.
but are the ones that shock you illegal.....i know the ones w/flames are..(yes...they are designed for car jackings, seems they have a lot of trouble w/that there).but are the ones that shock you....i think one of these would be cool/effective.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:53 PM

Re: Re: Ahhh man, really,

Originally posted by pawn

but are the ones that shock you illegal.....i know the ones w/flames are..(yes...they are designed for car jackings, seems they have a lot of trouble w/that there).but are the ones that shock you....i think one of these would be cool/effective.
When I said illegal, I meant it for you.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ahhh man, really,

oh.....

why? i mean..if someone is trying to steal my ****....they deserved to get Zapped...and if i catch them...its gonna be a whole lot worse.....
Old 09-24-2001, 03:21 PM
Granny Driven

Re: Re: Re: Ahhh man, really,

Well Greg steling is illegal too. I want to put the alarm witha pager that tells you if someone is attacking your car. My friend had it in his pathfinder. Its a small remote and it works 3/4 of a mile. I guess it far enough if I am in my house. What do u think.

How about a Multi lock that goes on your shifter. Do u think 3 wheel locks will help from small thiefs steling my rims again????
Old 09-24-2001, 03:23 PM
KCTYPHOON

Re: I think I am getting a perimeter sensor...

Originally posted by BRIGBOY
...motion thing so my alarm will blare if anyone goes within 2 feet of my car. I could care less about the neigbors, then gain I won't have to worry at home.

Or should I build a garage?
listen .. take my advice.. you DO NOT want one of those sensors.. i had a clifford alarm on my typhoon with a dual perimeter sensors, one for inside, one for the outside. both were adjustable, if you violated the first one, the clifford airhorns would beep once. if you violated the second zone, the alarm and airhorns would go off. at least this is the way its "suppose" to work.. lemme tell you.. i spent about $1,000 on something that drove me absolutely friggin insane..the police were at the house twice about complaints, besides having to wake up to the sound of airhorns blaring at 4 am almost every morning. lemme tell you.. that thing was the wosrt thing i ever bought.. the WORST. no matter how many times it was adjusted, the only thing to keep it from going off on false alarms was to shut the alarm off totally.. so in other words, i paid about a grand to have an alarm in my truck, that ****ed me off to the point that i wouldnt even use it all. do yourself a favor.. think of something else

Old 09-24-2001, 05:07 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Join the growing club. I was broken into on Thursday/Friday.

did they get anything???
Old 09-24-2001, 05:27 PM

Man, that really stinks! Hope you get all the money back for your car. Are planning on getting a 5th Generation Maxima now?
Old 09-24-2001, 05:54 PM

Sorry to hear that last year my friends car was stolen when recovered all they took was the radio and urinated in the inside on the car i mean cmon
Old 09-24-2001, 05:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What about some type of fuel cut off switch hidden very well? I guess there's always lojack.
Old 09-25-2001, 02:59 PM

i heard lojack is usually useless as well. by the time they find your car it will already be stripped and abandoned. my car was found only a few hours later. i still remember walking into the precinct to report my car..i was telling them all these little details bout my car..describing every curve on my rim, every nick on the body. officer completely ignores me. i always imagined that the police would send this all points bulletin out when your car is stolen. HA! basically he just took the vin and plate number and adds it to this list of stolen cars which they give the officers when they start their shift. (could be hours later) basically so many cars get jacked in that city all the time..all they do is add it to the list and wait for it to turn up all stripped up on some drug corner.

i guess if you're just looking to catch some joyriding kids lojack might be of some use. but most of the time cars get stolen while you're sleeping you know..so by the time you wake up your parts are already on the shelves of some ghetto auto parts store. i guess there's no complete solution.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by jjcmax
i always imagined that the police would send this all points bulletin out when your car is stolen. HA! basically he just took the vin and plate number and adds it to this list of stolen cars which they give the officers when they start their shift. (could be hours later)
Wish it was that way. Would make ya feel better if they showed some enthusiasm to find it at least.

SuDZ