4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 02:03 PM

Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Happened around noon today while I was in class. I left my car around 11:55 to make my 12:00 class and I came out around 1:15 and it was gone. The driver side window was shattered and was intact by the tint and looked as if it was layed down in front of where it was parked. I reported it to the campus police and they gave me a case number to give to my insurance. It had to of happened in less than 10 minutes. I left the car at 11:55 and a lady who parked in the space next to me said it was gone when she parked her car around 12:20. I'm so frustrated, I put so much work and money into that car. I did all the tuneups, lowering, everything. Now, I am just waiting for my insurance to give me some claim info. I wonder how much money I will get back?
Old 09-26-2001, 02:06 PM

Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Happened around noon today while I was in class. I left my car around 11:55 to make my 12:00 class and I came out around 1:15 and it was gone. The driver side window was shattered and was intact by the tint and looked as if it was layed down in front of where it was parked. I reported it to the campus police and they gave me a case number to give to my insurance. It had to of happened in less than 10 minutes. I left the car at 11:55 and a lady who parked in the space next to me said it was gone when she parked her car around 12:20. I'm so frustrated, I put so much work and money into that car. I did all the tuneups, lowering, everything. Now, I am just waiting for my insurance to give me some claim info. I wonder how much money I will get back?
They will wait for a few weeks to see if the car turns up.
if it doesnt, I bet it magically gained a few mods. the insurance usually wants proof though

Bad luck aye.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:09 PM

OMFG!!! This has to stop!!! This is like the 10th one in NY I believe
Old 09-26-2001, 02:12 PM

Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

I'm SO sorry man that really fakin sucks. Get together all your reciepts and if you cant find them get every single picture you have of your car with the mods on. Sometimes the insurance companies will honor your pics. what school was this?

you have my condolences.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by Alex97se
I'm SO sorry man that really fakin sucks. Get together all your reciepts and if you cant find them get every single picture you have of your car with the mods on. Sometimes the insurance companies will honor your pics. what school was this?

you have my condolences.
Thanks man, I wasn't sure if i could find some of the receipts for most of my mods, for example, I got my Intrax Springs from "Shadow" right here off the org and my KYB GR-2 Struts were won off eBay. I go to a Community College in here Prince George's County Maryland and there are a bunch of little hoodlums on campus.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:16 PM

so sorry dude
Old 09-26-2001, 02:17 PM

That sucks man. Good luck with insurnace.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My last car was stolen.

The insurance money made it possible to buy my max and mod the hell out of it. A blessing in disguise I guess. (I went from a '93 Taurus to a '96 Maxima SE) I had to wait 30 days after I reported it to give it a chance to turn up. Insurance payed for a rental car during that 30 days though. Hope everything turns out for you.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:20 PM

you have my condolences.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by 97GreenMax
That sucks man. Good luck with insurnace.
Thanks man, insurance says that I can only file a claim for the items that were mounted onto the car when the incident happened, so that doesn't include personal belongings, they I have to file a Home Owners Insurance claim for those items. According to my sig, what items do you consider "mounted". Does all my lenses count? How about Indiglos?
Old 09-26-2001, 02:34 PM

Thanks man, insurance says that I can only file a claim for the items that were mounted onto the car when the incident happened, so that doesn't include personal belongings, they I have to file a Home Owners Insurance claim for those items. According to my sig, what items do you consider "mounted". Does all my lenses count? How about Indiglos?
Insurance told me 'anything that was used in everyday use of the vehicle can be claimed'. I assume this is the same with your company. I don't see anything in your sig that shouldn't be covered.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:42 PM

Sorry to hear...i'll keep my eyes peeled for your car or those rims, I am in the PG county area a lot...there is a lot of shaddiness in that area, UMD ain't that much better, I had my steel wheels stolen from there a while back.
Old 09-26-2001, 02:49 PM

Thanks to everyone for the support, I put so much money and effort into that car and now its gone. I can very much honestly say I miss it. I got in my last race with it yesterday against an SI and a 95 Acura Legend. Yesterday, I was so proud of my car to catch up with the Legend and leave the SI behind all before we ran out of road.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:11 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

WTF!!!!!!!

This is focking crazy! Maximas are being vandalized, hit in accidents, stripped, stolen etc for the last 2 months!!!!!! Is everyone out to get us or something? WTf is going on!?!?!?!

Everyone keep your eyes open, and upgrade your security systems or insurance incase you don't have full coverage.....
Old 09-26-2001, 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear this.

Best of luck.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

...there are a bunch of little hoodlums on campus.

F- those fockers. we put so much time /effort and mainly heart into our cars and to have these fockers who don't have the same passion...
Old 09-26-2001, 03:58 PM

My car was almost stolen

Sorry to hear that... About three weeks ago, I went to the Palisades Mall and someone tried to steal my Bimmer. When I got back my car door was partly open. They opened the door by popping the lock and fortunely nothing was stolen. Becareful at parking at the Palicades mall. I reported this to the police and they told me that a lot of cars have been broken into and stolen from that mall.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:05 PM

Hey Ben,
I am so sorry to hear that. I too go to PGCC, as you know. I will keep my eyes peeled. There are some shady individuals up there. I have been worried about my car for a while. I occasionally see people just sitting in the parking lot w/ nothing better to do. Everyone is suspect now.
Having experience w/ a stolen car of my own. They got my 92 Sentra SE-r - bastards. I think your insurance company will cover anything that is attached to the car, meaning: your lenses, rims, intake, etc. What they won't cover are pull out radios and similar stuff. Good luck w/ insurance and I am truly sorry. I have to park up there tomorrow. oh crap
Old 09-26-2001, 04:43 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: WTF!!!!!!!

I'm not taking my car out in public til this settles down.
Old 09-26-2001, 04:46 PM

Sorry to hear that man, hope insurance treats you well. I think I'm going to invest in a gun...
Old 09-26-2001, 04:54 PM

Sorry to hear it...

That really sucks. Maybe with your next car (hopefully a Maxima or they will find yours) you will invest in an aftermarket alarm system instead of all those other mods...
Old 09-26-2001, 05:18 PM

what is up with all this lately? i don't understand..... a month of accidents... a month of break-ins.... i DON'T want to know what is next.... THIS MUST END.....
Old 09-26-2001, 06:25 PM

I came out of class 10 minutes ago.

3 kids were circling my car , when I approached they quickly rode over to the nearby civic with rims and stole his chromies (valve caps)! I told the little F-ers to just ask me for some. I remember those days well though.

Anyway I am scared for all of our max's lately. My regards to you. I am going out front to pull my fuel pump fuse right now.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by Toolrocks
Hey Ben,
I am so sorry to hear that. I too go to PGCC, as you know. I will keep my eyes peeled. There are some shady individuals up there. I have been worried about my car for a while. I occasionally see people just sitting in the parking lot w/ nothing better to do. Everyone is suspect now.
Having experience w/ a stolen car of my own. They got my 92 Sentra SE-r - bastards. I think your insurance company will cover anything that is attached to the car, meaning: your lenses, rims, intake, etc. What they won't cover are pull out radios and similar stuff. Good luck w/ insurance and I am truly sorry. I have to park up there tomorrow. oh crap
Hey thanks man, I'll never forget this day. I still can't see how they got past the factory ignition cutoff. They must have been pro's.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:38 PM

damn that really sucks i had mine stolen last august.they took the rims and stock radio and all basic bolt on mods.but i provided reciepts to my insurance and they covered everything.there wasnt really any body damage some minor dents they didnt event take the body kit.they found the car in 4 days in newark nj. the cap of car thiefs.sorry for the loss hopefully they will find it with minor damage just have all your receipts of all the mods you had.your insurance will hopefully cover it.good luck.. did you have a good alarm or any kind of locks on the car?? just curious
Old 09-26-2001, 07:43 PM

Originally posted by sp6040

damn that really sucks i had mine stolen last august.they took the rims and stock radio and all basic bolt on mods.but i provided reciepts to my insurance and they covered everything.there wasnt really any body damage some minor dents they didnt event take the body kit.they found the car in 4 days in newark nj. the cap of car thiefs.sorry for the loss hopefully they will find it with minor damage just have all your receipts of all the mods you had.your insurance will hopefully cover it.good luck.. did you have a good alarm or any kind of locks on the car?? just curious
I never got that chance to getting an aftermarket alarm because I never thought it would actually happen to me, but I guess I learned the hard way. The bad thing now is that I can't find receipts for most of my mods because half of them were from eBay and from transactions over the org. I got the boxes to some items, like my springs and struts, indiglos, and exhaust, but that's about it.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:03 PM
Granny Driven

ATTN:BenBlanco218

please tell me if you had any locks on your car. Cause I live in brooklyn and want to know if those clubs help a little.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:10 PM

Re: ATTN:BenBlanco218

Originally posted by 190hpKiLLA
please tell me if you had any locks on your car. Cause I live in brooklyn and want to know if those clubs help a little.
They don't, thieves can just cut the steering wheel in a couple of seconds. The AutoLock seems to me like it would help, I would look into that.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:14 PM

Re: ATTN:BenBlanco218

Originally posted by 190hpKiLLA
Unfortunately, I dind't have any locks. Mainly because I heard theives can still get past the club so I never had any faith in locks.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Well, I don't have the original receipt, but I could send you an invoice with my company name on it. I do sell those springs. Let me know. Email me at sales@ap-signworks.com

Thanks man, I wasn't sure if i could find some of the receipts for most of my mods, for example, I got my Intrax Springs from "Shadow" right here off the org and my KYB GR-2 Struts were won off eBay. I go to a Community College in here Prince George's County Maryland and there are a bunch of little hoodlums on campus.
Old 09-26-2001, 11:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...

Originally posted by Shadow
Well, I don't have the original receipt, but I could send you an invoice with my company name on it. I do sell those springs. Let me know. Email me at sales@ap-signworks.com

Ok thanks, I just sent you an email.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:42 AM

The only reason to have a club is to beat the s*** out of a would be car jacker
Old 09-27-2001, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by diesel9119
what is up with all this lately? i don't understand..... a month of accidents... a month of break-ins.... i DON'T want to know what is next.... THIS MUST END.....
what will it take before we get a sticky with security info?? i recommended this some time ago with no response. if anyone knows the moderators, perhaps you could convince them of the value of a security sticky.

Ben as you know i live in PG county, MD so I'll be lookin out for your ride!!
Old 09-27-2001, 10:01 AM

Hey thanks man, I'll never forget this day. I still can't see how they got past the factory ignition cutoff. They must have been pro's.
does your key have a chip in it ?
if not, how does your factory ignition cutoff work ?
Old 09-27-2001, 10:24 AM

Re: I came out of class 10 minutes ago.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BRIGBOY
I am going out front to pull my fuel pump fuse right now. /QUOTE]

Thats not a bad idea for some basic security. Doesnt help from them taking stuff but as far as getting away it does. I doubt many people would think the actual fuse was gone mroethan they would think it was a fuel cutoff or something. Maybe good old tricks like that could help.

SuDZ
Old 09-27-2001, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by s1rch

does your key have a chip in it ?
if not, how does your factory ignition cutoff work ?
I was always told that it wouldn't start unless it was the master key, no copies could work, so I'm guessing there is a chip, but then again I think that was some BS the dealer told me. All I know is that once the alarm was tripped even the master key couldn't be used to start the car until the unlock button is pressed on the remote or unlocked from outside the door with the master key. I guess they bokre the window and climbed in so the alarm wouldn't go off by opening the door, and then they hotwired it or used a tool to start it.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:35 AM

Re: Re: I came out of class 10 minutes ago.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SuDZ
Originally posted by BRIGBOY
I am going out front to pull my fuel pump fuse right now. /QUOTE]

Thats not a bad idea for some basic security. Doesnt help from them taking stuff but as far as getting away it does. I doubt many people would think the actual fuse was gone mroethan they would think it was a fuel cutoff or something. Maybe good old tricks like that could help.

SuDZ
It is a very helpful tip, too bad I didn't think of something like that earlier, and to think I always pulled that fuse out whenever I changed the fuel filter.
Old 09-27-2001, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by j_bryan

what will it take before we get a sticky with security info?? i recommended this some time ago with no response. if anyone knows the moderators, perhaps you could convince them of the value of a security sticky.

Ben as you know i live in PG county, MD so I'll be lookin out for your ride!!
I have no idea who the moderators are, but yea they should add a sticky on that. Be on the lookout for my ride, but it's ok if it doesn't pop anytime soon. I guess its buying me time to think of a new car to replace it with. I've already been looking into this 97 Black SE 5spd.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:30 PM

I have no idea who the moderators are, but yea they should add a sticky on that. Be on the lookout for my ride, but it's ok if it doesn't pop anytime soon. I guess its buying me time to think of a new car to replace it with. I've already been looking into this 97 Black SE 5spd.
Glad to hear you're somewhat seeing the good in the bad here. I would probably consider the Sentra V-spec or the Altima or a 4th gen. I'm not big on the 2k style. I'm a die hard 4th gen fan. Keep the faith.
Old 09-27-2001, 01:59 PM
Kevlo for President

man that sucks

Quick Reply: Bad News: My Maxima Was Stolen Today...