4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

? Bout Dings on Doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2001, 10:28 AM

? Bout Dings on Doors

So I be a nice grandson today and take my grandfather to pick up his dry cleaning. I park right next to a Corvette stingray that looks pretty nice. I was thinking to myself that this car looks like ti will be here for a while. After 2 and I mean 2 minutes with my grandfather picking up his shirts, i see a huge white mark on my drivers side front door. The car is still there but no one to be found. I know it came from that car. I finally went home and used meguiars to get his paint off my door and now there is a nice ding. I have a 1996 maxima thats black, that stuff sticks out like a sore thumb.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE DINGS FROM DOORS?

Everyones care here looks perfect and clean and dingless, i had one ding on my car since 1996 and nothing ever since and in the alst 2 weeks i got 2 dings and the funny part is i park my car 90 miles away from any civilization but some piece of crap finds his fat way to park next to my car and open up the door wide.

DOes anybody know how to remove dings at all? Please help???? I am distraught. 2 dings in 2 weeks makes me want to drive my car in a bubble.

thanks,
a very ****ed off gmax
Old 09-28-2001, 10:39 AM

dude, it really kinda depends upon where the dings are, and how deep/circumference of it too... i've seen those suction cup thingies that "pull dents out", but I'm not sure how they work, and how well (especially since Nissan has SUCH STRONG metal... lol!) ....but, you may want to try that... but i really don't know cause I've never used one before...

hey, I hear you on the ding thing... about 2mo ago I took my max to a garage to get the wheels rotated... well, 1hr. later they called me telling me that one of the mechanics had backed into the passenger side of the CAR... argh!! I was ****ed... but, $1,200.00 of damage later, and a new paint job of the hood (for free ) all covered by the garage, and all I was out, was my max for about 3 days....

good luck!
Old 09-28-2001, 11:44 AM

ding dong

I have a total of NINE (Count 'em, 9 phatties) on my black 97 Max. I took it to this "Dent Doctor" and he said no prob, drop it off and $250 and it'll be like new. I saw some of the cars he just finished from hail damage and they look brand new. Other than that, if you wanna do it yourself, try getting dry ice (i don;t know from where) wrap it up in a towell, hold it to the dent, and MOST of the time, that dent will pop right out. Good luck, and if you ever catch someone in the act of giving you a ding, kick his *** for me. 2ThEmAx in Indy!!
Old 09-28-2001, 12:47 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Look up "Dent Dr." in your yellow pages. Fees are usually around 40/ding or so. There usually pretty good at it too. You may also ask your nearby dealer who they use. Believe me, they use them on their used vehicles.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:33 PM

The Nissan Dealerships near me all have dent shops they use. It might be as close as just going to them. Try contacting your local Technical or Vocational High school. Alot of times there Automotive shops work Labor free by law. You will just have to pay for paint.

SuDZ
Old 09-28-2001, 03:59 PM

anyone know of a place to get dings out in NYC

does anyone know of a really good place no matter the price to get dings out in nyc, queens or LI. i really want these dings out and i want it professionally done. Thanks

please help

gmax