4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

'95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 01:05 PM

heh..
just pray to God that the 4th gen people will buy lots and lots of them
Old 10-09-2001, 03:38 PM

cant wait
Old 10-09-2001, 04:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

if you look behind the vents on the new M3 or the Z3 there is a piece of plastic that deflects the water down behind the fender.. seeing as how this will be made out of fiberglass you can put your own plastic back there if you are worried about it..
Old 10-09-2001, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
if you look behind the vents on the new M3 or the Z3 there is a piece of plastic that deflects the water down behind the fender.. seeing as how this will be made out of fiberglass you can put your own plastic back there if you are worried about it..
What is the purpose of those vents on the BMW?
Old 10-09-2001, 06:27 PM

honest truth, i dont know.. i dont think they have any air intake properties, but who really knows with those crazy germans.
Old 10-09-2001, 06:33 PM

Style, they may claim it's for engine cooling, but it's mostly for looks.

Originally posted by SLC I30t

What is the purpose of those vents on the BMW?
Old 10-09-2001, 06:52 PM

I'm sure that it is more for the styling than anything... they have no air baffling properties.. At least that I can see. I think they are to small for allowing air to escape from the engine compartment... but who knows
Old 10-25-2001, 01:01 AM

Just a little update. Talked to Streetweapon, and everything is going along nicely. There shouldn't be any delays or problems.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shadow
[B]A while ago, fatmax was posting about getting Z3 fenders done. Well, AP-Signworks has now joined in on the deal and they will be done. The fenders will be made by Streetweapon who is known for using some of the thickest fiberglass around. These things will be strong, unlike some of the thin, cheap fiberglass that some companies use. The fenders will be ready in about 5 weeks or so and will be the 4 vent type just like all the ones you've seen on Hondas. Price is going to be $325+ shipping for the pair. Yes, it is higher than what the Honda guys pay, but you should see what fatmax and I have to put down upfront to get these made. Keep in mind we are paying to develop these for a Maxima, these will be the only ones on the market. We may start a groupdeal and discount them some, but people will have to pay upfront. None of this "I'm interested, but can you wait 8 months until I can save up the money?"

HELLO IM IN NEED OF THESE FENDERS LIKE YESTERDAY I WILL BUY THESE ASAP WE ARE MOLDING A HANDMADE KIT TO MY CAR AS WE SPEAK AND IM LOOKING FOR THESE HOW LONG PLEASE DROP ME A LINE ASAP THANKS AGAIN
Old 10-26-2001, 10:41 AM

As far as the CAI is concerend what about using a heat shield? It covers the whole filter anyway and then that would block water from sneaking up into it. Easy enough I think budget exhaust has em for about 20 bucks. Second the water getting on stuff can be easily taken care of too. The other day at AutoZone I saw these rubber sheet type things they sell. They are near the pinstriping type sections. They are very bendable rubber mats and you could attach them back there with somethign as easy as zip strips to block any metal from getting wet or what not. This is just some quick ideas but I think they should work. What about you guys?

SuDZ
Old 10-26-2001, 12:39 PM

Re: Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MYSTICALKONCEPT
[B]
Originally posted by Shadow
A while ago, fatmax was posting about getting Z3 fenders done. Well, AP-Signworks has now joined in on the deal and they will be done. The fenders will be made by Streetweapon who is known for using some of the thickest fiberglass around. These things will be strong, unlike some of the thin, cheap fiberglass that some companies use. The fenders will be ready in about 5 weeks or so and will be the 4 vent type just like all the ones you've seen on Hondas. Price is going to be $325+ shipping for the pair. Yes, it is higher than what the Honda guys pay, but you should see what fatmax and I have to put down upfront to get these made. Keep in mind we are paying to develop these for a Maxima, these will be the only ones on the market. We may start a groupdeal and discount them some, but people will have to pay upfront. None of this "I'm interested, but can you wait 8 months until I can save up the money?"

HELLO IM IN NEED OF THESE FENDERS LIKE YESTERDAY I WILL BUY THESE ASAP WE ARE MOLDING A HANDMADE KIT TO MY CAR AS WE SPEAK AND IM LOOKING FOR THESE HOW LONG PLEASE DROP ME A LINE ASAP THANKS AGAIN
Aren't you the Brown(dont know the color) from Ebay? Anyway, they should be coming along shortly from my understanding. I would love to see this when its complete, despite the attempts and making of the custom one.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

question about the new ones being made...

will they be flush with the surface of the car and just go in -or- will the area where they are stick out a little then go in ???
Old 10-26-2001, 01:39 PM

When will these be coming out

i want these
Old 10-26-2001, 06:52 PM

They will be flush. No bulges or anything.

Originally posted by theblue
question about the new ones being made...

will they be flush with the surface of the car and just go in -or- will the area where they are stick out a little then go in ???
Old 10-27-2001, 02:05 AM

Everybody seems to be worried about water and crash properties. Most fenders in cars nowadays aren't structural. They are bolt on cosmetic pieces that you can take off and drive without.

Water wise, the CAI or whatever intake, would need to gulp a lot of water in order to cause hydrolock. Sucking in some water spray won't hurt nothing.

Think about it this way, it's like several hundred degrees in the engine. If it's just some water spray or droplettes, they will simply turn to steam and atmoize. In fact, you can get more power from the denser air/coolor charge temperatures of a slight fine mist of water going into the combustion chamber. If you take note, some turbo and supercharger guys run an Aquamist system, which atomizes water into a find mist and sprays it into the engine. The mist cools the intake air charge and helps prevent detoniation.

Besides, a little water in the engine is good, can help get ride of some of those carbon deposits

-V
Old 10-27-2001, 10:49 AM

Originally posted by vmok
Everybody seems to be worried about water and crash properties. Most fenders in cars nowadays aren't structural. They are bolt on cosmetic pieces that you can take off and drive without.

Water wise, the CAI or whatever intake, would need to gulp a lot of water in order to cause hydrolock. Sucking in some water spray won't hurt nothing.

Think about it this way, it's like several hundred degrees in the engine. If it's just some water spray or droplettes, they will simply turn to steam and atmoize. In fact, you can get more power from the denser air/coolor charge temperatures of a slight fine mist of water going into the combustion chamber. If you take note, some turbo and supercharger guys run an Aquamist system, which atomizes water into a find mist and sprays it into the engine. The mist cools the intake air charge and helps prevent detoniation.

Besides, a little water in the engine is good, can help get ride of some of those carbon deposits

-V
wow... the next daniel b. martin?
Old 10-27-2001, 11:00 AM

So the Z3 fenders are fiberglass?
Old 11-05-2001, 10:28 PM

Yes, they are fiberglass.

Also, for everyone, production on the fenders is a little ahead of schedule, so they should be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Kyle7475
So the Z3 fenders are fiberglass?
Old 11-06-2001, 12:43 PM

are these fenders goin to have dual openings

or a dual set of fins like on custommaxima's site for groupdeals? or are they gonn ahave just one set of fins? like the regular bmw's?
Old 11-06-2001, 03:00 PM

IM not really interested in the fenders, but a body kit or a hood would be great. What do you think the cost would be to have fenders painted black and installed?

Is it possible to make a "ram-air" style hood? I am considering that carbon fiber hood now, but heck, might as well get some kinda intake property. How do those "ram-air" hoods not get water in them?????
Old 12-11-2001, 08:35 PM

Ok, it's been a long time with no update, sorry about that guys. But the shop I'm working with kept delaying things, etc. But now, I finally have a definite date on when I will have these things. The shop will ship them out to me right around Christmas time, so I'll have them right before New Year's.

So, I will start taking orders for the fenders very soon. Introductory price will be $300+shipping for the pair. This price will last until I sell out of my initial 10 sets. After that, price will revert to $325+shipping. Please email me at sales@ap-signworks.com or call (678) 468-9041 for more info about the fenders, and how to order. I'm pretty sure these fenders will sell fast considering I already have a waiting list of people who want them now.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:46 PM

Ok, it's been a long time with no update, sorry about that guys. But the shop I'm working with kept delaying things, etc. But now, I finally have a definite date on when I will have these things. The shop will ship them out to me right around Christmas time, so I'll have them right before New Year's.

So, I will start taking orders for the fenders very soon. Introductory price will be $300+shipping for the pair. This price will last until I sell out of my initial 10 sets. After that, price will revert to $325+shipping. Please email me at sales@ap-signworks.com or call (678) 468-9041 for more info about the fenders, and how to order. I'm pretty sure these fenders will sell fast considering I already have a waiting list of people who want them now.
are they made from same material as sarona body kit??? will it crack if car flexes, you know our maxima are unibody design!
Old 12-11-2001, 09:57 PM

They are made from fiberglass just as the Sarona kit is. But these fenders use a much thicker fiberglass than Sarona. Sarona kits are basically some of the lowest quality kits on the market. I've compared it to a lot of other manufacturer's kits, and they are much worse. But fiberglass is a good material for this sort of thing, don't let one bad company ruin your view of an entire material. I am well aware that Maximas are a unibody design. But that doesn't affect the fenders at all. They're bolted onto the car, it's not like the quarter panel that's an integral part of the car's structure. It's like a hood, it doesn't flex with the car and it supports no load.

Originally posted by cooler2000

are they made from same material as sarona body kit??? will it crack if car flexes, you know our maxima are unibody design!
Old 12-12-2001, 01:08 AM

I want.

I need to replace one fender anyway, why not get these. How much lighter will they be, and will they come with any warranty from cracking ? I'm in at 300+shipping, please let me know as soon as they are available.
Old 12-12-2001, 06:12 AM

Re: I want.

Originally posted by hlh0501
I need to replace one fender anyway, why not get these. How much lighter will they be, and will they come with any warranty from cracking ? I'm in at 300+shipping, please let me know as soon as they are available.
any pics?
Old 12-12-2001, 07:46 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Re: I want.

Originally posted by 97GLES
any pics?
I think Greg has pix of them on www.custommaxima.com. I don't think any maximas have them installed yet????
Old 12-12-2001, 07:47 AM

Pics at the first post in the thread.

. Look awesome.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:22 AM

anyone whos lookin at gettin z3 fenders got a drivers side fender in sterlingmist for a 99 they wanna get rid of
Old 12-12-2001, 08:39 AM

Z3 fenders

I am in, tired of only the hondas haveing all the good exteriors.
If you are able to make a ram air style hood will be interested in that too..
Old 12-12-2001, 01:01 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

E-mail me and we can work something out

Originally posted by finny
anyone whos lookin at gettin z3 fenders got a drivers side fender in sterlingmist for a 99 they wanna get rid of
Old 12-12-2001, 02:50 PM

I think Greg has pix of them on www.custommaxima.com. I don't think any maximas have them installed yet????
"nismolee" check the previous pages.. he posted here..
Old 12-12-2001, 02:59 PM

again.. its already christmas time.... ie. its a week and a half away
Old 12-12-2001, 08:59 PM

Fenders will be here by 12/31 and will start shipping immediately from me. So, if you want a set, contact me now. I already have a list of people reserving their spot for this initial order. Don't post your confirmation here, please email me at sales@ap-signworks.com or call me at (678) 468-9041 if you want to order these fenders. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:21 AM

sHadow do u have any pics of these fenders?

?
Old 12-29-2001, 06:03 AM

anyone have pics of them installed yet??

anyone with pics of them or the ones from custommaxima??
Old 12-29-2001, 07:27 AM
MaximaRversion2

And another pic.
shadow, i cant see any of these pics ...and i really want to see them , im interested, but i need to see them. Can you try putting them up in an attatched file ? or just e mail them to [email]art-in-motion-4@home.com] ? thanks

Old 12-29-2001, 07:44 AM

Originally posted by MaximaRversion2

shadow, i cant see any of these pics ...and i really want to see them , im interested, but i need to see them. Can you try putting them up in an attatched file ? or just e mail them to [email]art-in-motion-4@home.com] ? thanks
He posted using attachments i believe, and that feature was truncated so there is no more picture avaliable.
Old 12-29-2001, 09:28 AM
MaximaRversion2

Originally posted by gtr_rider

He posted using attachments i believe, and that feature was truncated so there is no more picture avaliable.
oh i see , thanks for clearing that up

Old 12-29-2001, 11:13 AM

how much was it again?
Old 01-09-2002, 07:35 AM

anyone have pics of them installed yet??

still looking to see what you people think of them installed and if you guys can post a pic of them.

Quick Reply: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon