4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

'95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 11:30 PM

'95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

A while ago, fatmax was posting about getting Z3 fenders done. Well, AP-Signworks has now joined in on the deal and they will be done. The fenders will be made by Streetweapon who is known for using some of the thickest fiberglass around. These things will be strong, unlike some of the thin, cheap fiberglass that some companies use. The fenders will be ready in about 5 weeks or so and will be the 4 vent type just like all the ones you've seen on Hondas. Price is going to be $325+ shipping for the pair. Yes, it is higher than what the Honda guys pay, but you should see what fatmax and I have to put down upfront to get these made. Keep in mind we are paying to develop these for a Maxima, these will be the only ones on the market. We may start a groupdeal and discount them some, but people will have to pay upfront. None of this "I'm interested, but can you wait 8 months until I can save up the money?"

These are not the same fenders that Custommaxima will be selling. His are fender flares made by Sarona, these are Z3 fenders made by Streetweapon. There is no flare, they look like stock fenders except for the Z3 vents. Here is a pic of Nizmolee's car so you guys get an idea of what they will look like. Email me at sales@ap-signworks.com if you're interested.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:31 PM

Another pic
Old 10-05-2001, 11:31 PM

And another pic.
Old 10-05-2001, 11:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They look nice, but I don't want fiberglass on my car. Good luck, and keep making more stuff for the max.

Erik
Old 10-06-2001, 12:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you don't want fiberglass on the car??

i'm good for it, and jeff i will talk to the guy near me if he is too.. and maybe some people at the show saturday
Old 10-06-2001, 01:35 AM

Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

Originally posted by Shadow
A while ago, fatmax was posting about getting Z3 fenders done. Well, AP-Signworks has now joined in on the deal and they will be done. The fenders will be made by Streetweapon who is known for using some of the thickest fiberglass around. These things will be strong, unlike some of the thin, cheap fiberglass that some companies use. The fenders will be ready in about 5 weeks or so and will be the 4 vent type just like all the ones you've seen on Hondas. Price is going to be $325+ shipping for the pair. Yes, it is higher than what the Honda guys pay, but you should see what fatmax and I have to put down upfront to get these made. Keep in mind we are paying to develop these for a Maxima, these will be the only ones on the market. We may start a groupdeal and discount them some, but people will have to pay upfront. None of this "I'm interested, but can you wait 8 months until I can save up the money?"

These are not the same fenders that Custommaxima will be selling. His are fender flares made by Sarona, these are Z3 fenders made by Streetweapon. There is no flare, they look like stock fenders except for the Z3 vents. Here is a pic of Nizmolee's car so you guys get an idea of what they will look like. Email me at sales@ap-signworks.com if you're interested.
lol he said "fatmax"
Old 10-06-2001, 07:14 AM
Kevlo for President

isn't our front bumper made of fiberglass?
Old 10-06-2001, 07:32 AM

Front bumper

Correct me if I am wrong but the stock front and rear bumpers on 95-96 are urethane...
Old 10-06-2001, 12:08 PM

those could be fatal if you had a CAI, suk in a lil water and your done!
Old 10-06-2001, 12:13 PM

AH MAN...
I was thinking about getting these things...
but then... my CAI...
son of a...
Old 10-06-2001, 03:12 PM

good thing i said something
Old 10-06-2001, 03:35 PM

Another pic
This may be a stupid question but how would they hold up in a collision compared to the stock fenders? If theyd be close in comparision id be in
Old 10-06-2001, 04:06 PM

dont make them for I30's and no CAI? what a joke!
Old 10-06-2001, 04:28 PM

how much of a weight reduction over stock fenders?
Old 10-06-2001, 05:44 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

The CAI sits further more towards front. The vents are nowhere near the CAI. I like it!!!

Originally posted by ny96max
Old 10-06-2001, 05:51 PM

i dunno Tony, thats a lil risky if you ask me, having those vents about 12 inches away from the cone. Im sure there is a good amount of suction there for it to grab whatever water comes in.
I mean they look sweet but not worth seizing my motor cause of heavy rain or even washing my car(i dont wash when running by the way, lol)i ment if you soak the cone then start up the motor.

Ant
Old 10-06-2001, 06:05 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

It's more like 18" away and then 12" lower. Your right, it's a risk but I don't think people would have problems with hydro lock. Unless, you drive in heavy downpour really fast in reverse. I seen other intake systems that are even more prone to hydro lock than the PR. ie. HKS 300ZX turbo twin air filters, AEM cold air for Civic Si with Wing West W-Type front bumper.

i dunno Tony, thats a lil risky if you ask me having vents about 12 inches away from the cone. Im sure there is a good amount of suction there for it to grab whatever water comes in.
I mean they look sweet but not worth seizing my motor cause of heavy rain or even washing my car!
Old 10-06-2001, 06:12 PM

you could just put some duct tape on the inside for the winter or bad weather then take it off at the track and gain the outside air.
Old 10-06-2001, 08:40 PM

Probably not as well, honestly fiberglass isn't as strong as steel. But then again, in an accident, most fenders get replaced anyways. It's usually cheaper to replace a fender than it is to repair. Factory fenders = $500 These are $325.

Originally posted by Krash513

This may be a stupid question but how would they hold up in a collision compared to the stock fenders? If theyd be close in comparision id be in
Old 10-06-2001, 09:32 PM

Probably not as well, honestly fiberglass isn't as strong as steel. But then again, in an accident, most fenders get replaced anyways. It's usually cheaper to replace a fender than it is to repair. Factory fenders = $500 These are $325.

I also don't see the fender doing much in a collision because on the other side of it is the engine so the fenders won't really protect you.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:36 PM

good thing i said something
Isn't your CAI behind you front bumper? Thats around the corner and in front.
I am glad you said something...
Old 10-06-2001, 10:14 PM

Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

hey shadow...don't take offense to this but with the cost of ur z3 fenders being made out of fiberglass plus installation and paint...would it not be cheaper and stronger goin the route like nizmolee?
Old 10-06-2001, 10:18 PM

Re: Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

Nizmole's setup was a litle more expensive. He bought universal ones and had them grafted on. Put it this way, he's already signed on as a buyer for these fenders because he's having problems with his custom setup.

Originally posted by Yellowbrother

hey shadow...don't take offense to this but with the cost of ur z3 fenders being made out of fiberglass plus installation and paint...would it not be cheaper and stronger goin the route like nizmolee?
Old 10-07-2001, 12:47 AM

shiet i'll take some of those after all these mods..
heh
Old 10-07-2001, 08:53 AM

your right Tony. It is kinda deep in there and i guess as long as you dont drive through monster puddles or in heavy a$$ rain your should be fine. I just worry about stuff like that a lil too much,hehe!
If i was to get them i probably would close up that side anyways just to be safe.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
The CAI sits further more towards front. The vents are nowhere near the CAI. I like it!!!

Old 10-07-2001, 09:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon

Nizmolee's setup was a litle more expensive. He bought universal ones and had them grafted on. Put it this way, he's already signed on as a buyer for these fenders because he's having problems with his custom setup.

I recommend to go with the fiberglass, metal and fiber glass do not go well together. Over time, you will see creases, and then you have to fix it over. Get the Z3 fenders, no water harms the CAI as far as i know.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:51 PM

If this deal with the Z3 fenders works out well, then I will get other stuff developed for Maximas. If I can sell a lot of these 4th gen fenders, then the 5th gens will be made, I30 ones will be made, hoods may be done, and if we're really lucky, we may get a bodykit done. I'm just trying to test the market with this whole deal as well as develop a relationship with Streetweapon.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:07 PM

If this deal with the Z3 fenders works out well, then I will get other stuff developed for Maximas. If I can sell a lot of these 4th gen fenders, then the 5th gens will be made, I30 ones will be made, hoods may be done, and if we're really lucky, we may get a bodykit done. I'm just trying to test the market with this whole deal as well as develop a relationship with Streetweapon.
i like where you are going, but I think that something like a cool hood will sell more than fenders... they look better on smaller cars IMHO, but I would still buy them if they reduced 30+ lbs of weight from the front of my car.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by theblue
i like where you are going, but I think that something like a cool hood will sell more than fenders... they look better on smaller cars IMHO, but I would still buy them if they reduced 30+ lbs of weight from the front of my car.
take out your system to balance the weight?
Old 10-08-2001, 10:22 PM

Im curious if anything will be prone to rust when rain falls into the vents.....
Old 10-08-2001, 10:24 PM

I wouldn't think so. Everything under the hood is pretty much rustproof. I mean, water gets in there all the time from the underside anyways.

Originally posted by AdMax98
Im curious if anything will be prone to rust when rain falls into the vents.....
Old 10-08-2001, 10:34 PM

Z-3's would be sweet.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:37 PM

i want i want
Old 10-09-2001, 05:17 AM

Did I hear I30?
There are next to no body mods for the infiniti's. You know the market is narrower for them, but if you had something for the I market...everyone of us and future ouwners would be all over it. I like what you've done with z3 fenders. I have seen some hoods that have left side airdams for the pop chargers. are these from you as well?
Old 10-09-2001, 06:25 AM
SMX

Do not really see much to worry about as far as water is concern. What I would do is place like a black netting behind the vent on the inside to help limit the amount of water that may get in. I want a set, count me in!
Old 10-09-2001, 06:29 AM

since everyone is so set on thinking about water damage... let me pose this question... We all pretty much live in humid climates... And it rains... and lets face it some water is going to get it...
What do you to prevent your fenders from molding? Moss? from the inside I mean. I don't know if it's even worth asking... I was just thinking... I would hate to have a musty smell coming out of my car...
Old 10-09-2001, 09:49 AM

you are all worried about water and rust and all that... how long has the actual BMW Z3 had these fenders now????? Haven't heard any horror stories from them, my friend has a 99 3.2 Z3 and we drive in the rain all the time.. i don't think this is of concern.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
you are all worried about water and rust and all that... how long has the actual BMW Z3 had these fenders now????? Haven't heard any horror stories from them, my friend has a 99 3.2 Z3 and we drive in the rain all the time.. i don't think this is of concern.
Well as true as that is, have you ever tore his fender apart to see where that goes and whats back there? Neither have I, so I don't know if water just runs down the side of the fender of if there is a drainage hole for water to route out of the fender. I agree I don't think that water will be a problem... but in a new application, it's something to think about... I'm sure there was some german who spent countless hours worrying about the same dillema
Old 10-09-2001, 12:43 PM

Stillen Hi-Flow Intake

What about with Stillen Hi-Flow intake or the JWT Pop Charger??
Will these pose problems for those too?

Quick Reply: '95-99 Z3 fenders coming soon