4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

same here

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 12:09 AM

I just change my rotors, pads, and a caliper and its still making that damn squeal noise.
Old 10-31-2000, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by MADMAN
I just change my rotors, pads, and a caliper and its still making that damn squeal noise.
Did you use new shims? Did you reuse the old shims? Did you install the new pads without any shims? Did you use sandpaper or emery cloth to de-glaze the surface of the rotors? Did you use Blue Goo anti-squeal compound?
Old 10-31-2000, 06:02 PM

ok i reuse the old shims. i did not use sandpaper to deglaze the rotors, and i did use the blue stuff. it was fine for a few days and now its still squealing! Im thinking the caliper was brinding I change it and now its back the the noise. whoa is me
Old 10-31-2000, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by MADMAN
ok i reuse the old shims. i did not use sandpaper to deglaze the rotors, and i did use the blue stuff. it was fine for a few days and now its still squealing! Im thinking the caliper was brinding I change it and now its back the the noise. whoa is me
It may be worthwhile to deglaze the rotors. Refer to the Haynes manual, photo 5.4b on page 9-10. You may buy this book at large bookstores or auto parts shops. You may be able to borrow it from your public library.

Some Nissan owners insist that only factory brake pads are silent. However, I've had good results with name-brand replacement parts (Raybestos, etc.).