4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEED OPINIONS and ideas on getting a manual tranny off my auto warranty.. PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

NEED OPINIONS and ideas on getting a manual tranny off my auto warranty.. PLEASE READ

Okay here is the deal.. if you read my earlier post the car went to nissan today and the transmission was deemed in need of replacing but through proceedure they had to do a tranny flush today and wait a week to do the swap off my transmission through the warranty that I have on it.

With help from others this is my idea.. tell me what you think.

I will go to Nissan tomorrow and talk to the transmission technician i talked to today. Tell him that they would get the NEW auto tranny to swap mine out, but instead of swapping mine out they would give me a Manual tranny and all the parts to do a conversion to 5 speed.

I would put down say a fee for the parts and when the install was finished on the manual tranny I would bring back the bad auto tranny in my car now and they would send it out, saying that they did the swap. They would get a new auto tranny out of it, and not have to do any labor.. saving them money in the long run because the auto tranny and parts is worth much more than the manual tranny and parts.

The tranny technician was a really cool guy and was into my car and we talked for awhile just on car stuff while my paperwork was done, so I am curious if this could be pulled off, the only thing is if they would give me the manual tranny and parts and void the warranty and they would be okay with it..

help me out with other ideas or comments or suggestions..

-jason
Old 10-24-2001, 10:05 PM

Re: NEED OPINIONS and ideas on getting a manual tranny off my auto warranty.. PLEASE READ

Originally posted by thebigsadler
Okay here is the deal.. if you read my earlier post the car went to nissan today and the transmission was deemed in need of replacing but through proceedure they had to do a tranny flush today and wait a week to do the swap off my transmission through the warranty that I have on it.

With help from others this is my idea.. tell me what you think.

I will go to Nissan tomorrow and talk to the transmission technician i talked to today. Tell him that they would get the NEW auto tranny to swap mine out, but instead of swapping mine out they would give me a Manual tranny and all the parts to do a conversion to 5 speed.

I would put down say a fee for the parts and when the install was finished on the manual tranny I would bring back the bad auto tranny in my car now and they would send it out, saying that they did the swap. They would get a new auto tranny out of it, and not have to do any labor.. saving them money in the long run because the auto tranny and parts is worth much more than the manual tranny and parts.

The tranny technician was a really cool guy and was into my car and we talked for awhile just on car stuff while my paperwork was done, so I am curious if this could be pulled off, the only thing is if they would give me the manual tranny and parts and void the warranty and they would be okay with it..

help me out with other ideas or comments or suggestions..

-jason
Keep dreaming. A Nissan dealer lying and cheating for you, and then submitting false paperwork to Nissan?? I think not. I highly doubt they will risk their jobs for you.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:20 AM

*ahem* labor labor

smelly greasy mechanic....50+ bucks hour. *ahem* tranny swap time more than a day.

Sorry to bust your balloon.