4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just raced a '00 Maxima & '01 325i Sport Wagon...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Just raced a '00 Maxima & '01 325i Sport Wagon...

For those of you who think you have heard this before - you have. My friends kept making excuses and so I though I would go again (I won last time). We all agree to call it off at 90 MpH, trying to be as responsible as possible (after all it was a 45MpH road...). We launch, and I gain about .5 cars on the other Maxima and 1.5 cars on the BMW. The other Maxima stays with me, and the BMW is left behind by about 3 or 4 cars. I know the new Maximas have much more power than mine, so I asked him why this was. Well, he is an honest guy, and told me he got the best start possible, and just didn't have that initial pull I did. The BMW guy kept making excuses about his steptronic transmission, so I let the other Maxima race him and the Max won by 2.5 cars every time. I don't know why, but we are all stock and I just pulled ahead of them from the start. I know that if the other Maxima and I were to continue to 100MpH he would beat me, but he just couldn't pull up to 80. I love my 4th gen.
-Cyrus
Old 10-28-2001, 02:09 PM

nice kills
Old 10-28-2001, 04:08 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Just raced a '00 Maxima & '01 325i Sport Wagon...

Nice run. Me and Ants97SE ran again the other night, now that my car is running a bit better since our last run. He took me pretty well about 1 month ago, the next day I found my filter half off, so we ran again this past weekend on the highway. We started around 55~, I pulled on him to .5 of a car, then once I shifted to 3rd, he gained ground back and got me by .5 of a car, oncec I hit 5000+ rpms, I pulled past him, and kept pulling, hit 4th, pulled again, I was about 1 car or so ahead of him....it was good. He had CAI, and Ypipe for performance. I only have a generic hot cone intake. So you tell me which is faster?

Originally posted by Vyrus
For those of you who think you have heard this before - you have. My friends kept making excuses and so I though I would go again (I won last time). We all agree to call it off at 90 MpH, trying to be as responsible as possible (after all it was a 45MpH road...). We launch, and I gain about .5 cars on the other Maxima and 1.5 cars on the BMW. The other Maxima stays with me, and the BMW is left behind by about 3 or 4 cars. I know the new Maximas have much more power than mine, so I asked him why this was. Well, he is an honest guy, and told me he got the best start possible, and just didn't have that initial pull I did. The BMW guy kept making excuses about his steptronic transmission, so I let the other Maxima race him and the Max won by 2.5 cars every time. I don't know why, but we are all stock and I just pulled ahead of them from the start. I know that if the other Maxima and I were to continue to 100MpH he would beat me, but he just couldn't pull up to 80. I love my 4th gen.
-Cyrus

Old 10-28-2001, 06:48 PM

Hehe...

That's because you have so much torque and horsepower over us, but that all kicks in on high RPMs. In the low range we would be neck and neck, or maybe even the 4th gen faster (from my experience)..
Old 10-28-2001, 08:07 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Re: Just raced a '00 Maxima & '01 325i Sport Wagon...

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Nice run. Me and Ants97SE ran again the other night, now that my car is running a bit better since our last run. He took me pretty well about 1 month ago, the next day I found my filter half off, so we ran again this past weekend on the highway. We started around 55~, I pulled on him to .5 of a car, then once I shifted to 3rd, he gained ground back and got me by .5 of a car, oncec I hit 5000+ rpms, I pulled past him, and kept pulling, hit 4th, pulled again, I was about 1 car or so ahead of him....it was good. He had CAI, and Ypipe for performance. I only have a generic hot cone intake. So you tell me which is faster?

I still say you should get an aftermarket Y-pipe!