4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I've been wasting alot of money please can someone help mE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 07:09 PM

I've been wasting alot of money please can someone help mE!!!

Hey fellow maxima buddies..i've been spending hundereds on my stupid *** headlights..i really dont know wuts wrong with them..i installed superwhites in them but they dont come out superwhite..they come out with this nasty yellow..they only change to white when i put my highbeams on..but if i wire it a different way they go on right but high-beams dont work and keeps melting the harness..shi** is crazyy right.?? =D anywayz does anyone know whats wrong..?? please help me out cuz i've been spending way too much loot for new blubs and harnesses..thankz... e-mail me at supaxchink@aol.com thankz again guys
Old 10-29-2001, 07:15 PM

Check the wattage on your bulbs. Obviously they are too high. You might consider upgrading the wiring harness if you intend to run higher wattage bulbs.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:17 PM

Buy a new harness and headlight housing. Boowooo big deal!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:20 PM
RPalka

I had a similar problem. My blue Nokya headlights kept on exploding....grrr....Now I have blue chips in my headlight assembly. (Anyone know how to remove the plastic cover and clean them out?)

I found that the Phillips Blue Vision head lights are cool. Not very yellow, tinted light blue but has a really nice white color.

Good Luck.
Nice user name!

RJP

Old 10-29-2001, 09:44 PM

buy piaa superwhite and ullhave no problem. they are white.
90/pair
Old 10-29-2001, 09:58 PM

Hmm, get HID and you'll have the white you desire.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: I've been wasting alot of money please can someone help mE!!!

Originally posted by XtcKhead
Hey fellow maxima buddies..i've been spending hundereds on my stupid *** headlights..i really dont know wuts wrong with them..i installed superwhites in them but they dont come out superwhite..they come out with this nasty yellow..they only change to white when i put my highbeams on..but if i wire it a different way they go on right but high-beams dont work and keeps melting the harness..shi** is crazyy right.?? =D anywayz does anyone know whats wrong..?? please help me out cuz i've been spending way too much loot for new blubs and harnesses..thankz... e-mail me at supaxchink@aol.com thankz again guys
you definitely need upgraded wire harnesses, and use 9004 bulbs, and dont do xtc or K, maybe it will help so u can read up more before you mod!
Old 10-29-2001, 10:29 PM

Had this prob too you should only do this if there are no problems with harness plug and that if you use your high beam and it makes a messed up color,e.t.c then try this out. Here are detail directions to repair them. I found out that most of them are wired wrong for some reason don't know why but here are directions to fix take care guys.........

Make sure you take out the wire harness to both lights before you start!

Step 1
The Guess and check

what i did was i cut the wires from the harness (make sure you don't cut it short cuz you want to connect the wires back) put it to the battery your first job is to find the ground wire don't worry finding the wires wont explode the light bulb just try to find it.. now the way i found out that the one wire is ground is that when i used the other 2 wires it glowed a different filament inside the bigger filament is the high beam (your going to see spots when you look at the bulb.. lol) and the smaller one is the regular they have to alternate when you switch wires when u leave the ground wire to the negative side of your battery and that's how you find the ground wire !!!!!! (make sure you tape it and write GROUND WIRE do the same with the high beam light and driving light wires too !!!)

step 2
Finding the right wire to connect the wire harness

use your volt meter and turn on your headlights make sure no wires are touching the body (body of your car = ground to your battery) now with your volt meter the positive probe have to touch one of the wires and at the same time use the negative probe to the body of the car intill you find your volt meter jump to 12 volts when you find it jump that would be your regular line for the driving lights

make a note on the wire with tape so u will know that it's the Driving lights for headlights

Step 3
Finding the high beam wire

Turn off your head lights and push the **** forward (you should see the high beam light on your dash) to have your high beam stay on.. then repeat step 3 intill you find the high beam wire use some tape and write a note that it's the high beam wire

Step 3
Finishing

Do the same to the other headlight unit
and have a beer
Old 10-30-2001, 05:15 AM

get hids
Old 10-30-2001, 07:37 AM

Don't waste your $..

I use sylvania cool blues, from pepboys. 9004's , plenty white for me, big difference over the stock bulbs.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by RPalka
Nice user name!
Yeah. Drugs rule.
Old 10-30-2001, 01:55 PM

How many times did you melt the harness and how did you repair it? A poor repair may have a connection that is inducing a lot of resistance. Get a multimeter and find out what the voltage is at the socket.