4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I just recieved my red clears tale 97-99 .

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008 | 07:46 PM

I just recieved my red clears tale 97-99 .

I just got my red clear tails 97-99 for my max and I want know how should Install them and I have this black sticky clay like thing that came with It,Is It glue If It will I need It and what tools will I need for the job.

Last edited by vqmaxman; 03-15-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2008 | 07:49 PM
boost me.....

TAILS! NOT TALES!

SEARCH! lazy-***
Old 03-15-2008 | 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by 96blackmaxSE
TAILS! NOT TALES!

SEARCH! lazy-***
wow you ok today
Old 03-15-2008 | 07:53 PM
boost me.....

lol, I'm sick of seeing retarded, failure of excuse for threads in the 4th gen forum...why do you think we get such a bad wrap?
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:02 PM

Why the name calling and I am not an lazy-**** because I did look Into the stickies and I only saw the altizza conversion and It did not quite explain much as I wanted It too.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:08 PM

Look at the how to for making your own cleared tails. Skip the making your own cleared tails part.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:17 PM

alright dont listen to them theyre just "pros at life" and forget there are ppl just trying to mods at a beginner level. i also couldnt find a thread but i just winged it since i couldnt find anything il help u out the best possible...

Tools...
flat head
cloth rag
socket wrench
elbow grease

ok il give a brief explanation here and pm me if u need more help.

First wat ul do is pop the trunk and remove or just bend out of the way the carpet/ liner where the tails are located. then useing the socket wrench remove the little nuts and blots used to hold the tail in place. after that disconnect the lights. (u dont have to really unplug ur battery but if u wanna be super safe then do it i guess i didnt)

alright now here is the really tricky/annoying part. here u might wanna use the flat head and cloth if u dont want to break ur stock tails. ul have to pull them out really hard it might take time but just use some man power and get them out. once out ull see where the black glue thing goes.

Now is another tricky part but once u get teh first off ull get the second one off quicker. the little white thing thats holds the wires to the lights is slide locked onto the light housing it self so take ur flat head once again and ul have to kinda pop it up and slide it out. then put them on the new lights but make sure the right one goes in the right spot. Now just apply the black stuff to the space provided on the lights where the old one was on the old lights. (u dont have to use it all just enough to go around it once becuz then it wont fit correctly i made that mistake and it was a ***** trying to take some off =\) ok now put it in where the old one went and ul have to really push it so itll fit snug. tighten it with the socket wrench until it fits perfect.

after that connect ur lights and enjoy!

Now each light is pretty much the same except eth trunk lights are harder to reach but with some patience ul get it done. dont be upset if theirs a gap or to from the edge to the car cuz remember its not oem but dont worry no water should get in if u put the black thing correctly.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:20 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by elgordito941
alright dont listen to them theyre just "pros at life" and forget there are ppl just trying to mods at a beginner level.

LOLZ
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:26 PM

I am sure you guys know that I have the whole complete set and I want to Install the leds that are also on the trunk and the ones they are showing in the instructions.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by elgordito941
alright dont listen to them theyre just "pros at life" and forget there are ppl just trying to mods at a beginner level. i also couldnt find a thread but i just winged it since i couldnt find anything il help u out the best possible...

Tools...
flat head
cloth rag
socket wrench
elbow grease

ok il give a brief explanation here and pm me if u need more help.

First wat ul do is pop the trunk and remove or just bend out of the way the carpet/ liner where the tails are located. then useing the socket wrench remove the little nuts and blots used to hold the tail in place. after that disconnect the lights. (u dont have to really unplug ur battery but if u wanna be super safe then do it i guess i didnt)

alright now here is the really tricky/annoying part. here u might wanna use the flat head and cloth if u dont want to break ur stock tails. ul have to pull them out really hard it might take time but just use some man power and get them out. once out ull see where the black glue thing goes.

Now is another tricky part but once u get teh first off ull get the second one off quicker. the little white thing thats holds the wires to the lights is slide locked onto the light housing it self so take ur flat head once again and ul have to kinda pop it up and slide it out. then put them on the new lights but make sure the right one goes in the right spot. Now just apply the black stuff to the space provided on the lights where the old one was on the old lights. (u dont have to use it all just enough to go around it once becuz then it wont fit correctly i made that mistake and it was a ***** trying to take some off =\) ok now put it in where the old one went and ul have to really push it so itll fit snug. tighten it with the socket wrench until it fits perfect.

after that connect ur lights and enjoy!

Now each light is pretty much the same except eth trunk lights are harder to reach but with some patience ul get it done. dont be upset if theirs a gap or to from the edge to the car cuz remember its not oem but dont worry no water should get in if u put the black thing correctly.
Thanks man I just wanted some quick help and you helped out alot thanks.. I was worryed about the black glue and I was hoping that I will not need any glue guns and that's good that I won't need any glue guns. thanks.
Old 03-16-2008 | 08:55 AM

no prob
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:48 AM
Hammy

lol, I'm sick of seeing retarded, failure of excuse for threads in the 4th gen forum...why do you think we get such a bad wrap?
Dude thats why I'm an *** all the time. The search is there and 95% of the time the answer is there and they still don't search.

Now Searching will take less time than waiting for someone to reply.
Old 03-16-2008 | 12:29 PM

that's ok. im bringing Big Nutts Mcgurrdy out of retirement.
Old 03-16-2008 | 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hammy
Dude thats why I'm an *** all the time. The search is there and 95% of the time the answer is there and they still don't search.

Now Searching will take less time than waiting for someone to reply.
You know, with that said, then I guess we should just shut down the ability to create new threads in the 4th Gen forum because everything has already been answered before. Why even have this forum open to new topics? It's all in the stickies and been answered before by someone somewhere.

/sarcasm

That said, with a *majority* of stuff that I've run searches for on here, I have found that the stickies and various other threads do mention something about what I'm doing a search for. However most of the links are dead, broken, wrong URL, misdirected, etc... Thus leading to me not finding the information I needed. However, I have not posted questions on it because of the reaction that it seems that the veterans on this forum tend to have to something that seems simple to them.

That said (part 3), I think this forum is a great source of information and there are some great people on here as well, but there are some quite vocal j.e.r.k.s. on here that make this one of the least welcoming and entertaining automotive forums I've ever been a part of (and I've been part of quite a few forums over the years).
Old 03-16-2008 | 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by coachholland
You know, with that said, then I guess we should just shut down the ability to create new threads in the 4th Gen forum because everything has already been answered before. Why even have this forum open to new topics? It's all in the stickies and been answered before by someone somewhere.

/sarcasm

That said, with a *majority* of stuff that I've run searches for on here, I have found that the stickies and various other threads do mention something about what I'm doing a search for. However most of the links are dead, broken, wrong URL, misdirected, etc... Thus leading to me not finding the information I needed. However, I have not posted questions on it because of the reaction that it seems that the veterans on this forum tend to have to something that seems simple to them.

That said (part 3), I think this forum is a great source of information and there are some great people on here as well, but there are some quite vocal j.e.r.k.s. on here that make this one of the least welcoming and entertaining automotive forums I've ever been a part of (and I've been part of quite a few forums over the years).
no disrespect but when you have been here as long as some of us. (6 years for me) you do get sick of seeing the SAME **** posted four times per hour. and now that search is open to all (thank god for that) people still continue to want to be spoon feed information as if they were in 1st grade instead of looking.

now i undertand that some links are dead and such and thats understandable. in that case yes you may need to ask a rehashed question. HOWEVER there are soulitions to the dead links as well. so we go back to what i said earlier. when you have been here as long as some of us you get sick of seeing THE SAME **** POSTED ALL THE TIME.
Old 03-16-2008 | 02:16 PM

rap not wrap... unless they were giving away free taco bell wrap's that i missed recently and who cares what other gen's sections think of the 4th gen section, this is such a stupid comment, what is this a fashion show ?

get over it, these cars are cheap and kids buy them and come here to make simple threads, stop being so constipated man

Last edited by andrei3333; 03-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2008 | 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
rap not wrap... unless they were giving away free taco bell wrap's that i missed recently
Old 03-16-2008 | 03:07 PM
Banned

fail, fail, fail, fail
Old 03-16-2008 | 03:29 PM
Hammy

Hmm well if you don't like it leave. Plain and Simple.

Alot of smack talking for someone who hasn't even donated.

Ok I'm Done

Kthankxbye

Edit:

thats why I said 95% of the time.

Last edited by Hammy; 03-16-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2008 | 06:09 PM

To those who are acting like big babies should not act like one because someone has asked a simple question that was not in the thread or It has been moved or locked or It never has been answered. I have looked around before I have posted this thread so I can ask The PACIFIC QUESTIONS. There are other threads that don't answer the questions that ELGORDITO41 answered. I know now that I am going to use black tape to seal up the tail lights and the gaps and I am not going to use the glue gun. The other thread were talking about gluing the tail back together after they have been opened. I am not doing that I am removing the OEM tails and the ones I am replacing them with the red clear tails.
Old 03-16-2008 | 06:45 PM
Hammy

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
To those who are acting like big babies should not act like one because someone has asked a simple question that was not in the thread or It has been moved or locked or It never has been answered. I have looked around before I have posted this thread so I can ask The PACIFIC QUESTIONS. There are other threads that don't answer the questions that ELGORDITO41 answered. I know now that I am going to use black tape to seal up the tail lights and the gaps and I am not going to use the glue gun. The other thread were talking about gluing the tail back together after they have been opened. I am not doing that I am removing the OEM tails and the ones I am replacing them with the red clear tails.

pacific? specific
Old 03-16-2008 | 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hammy
Hmm well if you don't like it leave. Plain and Simple.

Alot of smack talking for someone who hasn't even donated.

Ok I'm Done

Kthankxbye

Edit:

thats why I said 95% of the time.
Not talking "smack". Just simply making an observation. I've been a member of a particular forum for over ten years. Yes, questions get rehashed but fortunately the community tone of the forum weeds out those that have bad attitudes.

The "don't like it, then leave" comment can go both ways. If you've become so jaded after six years on the forum that you have nothing better to do than bash newbies that don't know everything about the cars, then perhaps it's time for you to move on and find a new car to learn about and go to a different forum? I'm not directing this at *you* in particular, but to anyone in general that would make that kind of argument.

95% of the time the links work? When was the last time that you ran a search on all these different issues and went through the stickies and clicked on each and every link? I think that the number is closer to around 50% of the links work the way they're supposed to.

Another thing is that a lot of the times the stickies are directed towards information from 2003-2005... that's great that the information is there. However, I *really* hope that there may be some new development on our cars in the last three to five years or someone may have found an easier or better way to do something than what was the standard half a decade ago.

I.E. on the last automotive forum I was on, I found a way to fix an issue on a car that I owned that no one had ever used before, even though it was a 1999 model. Seems like all the questions on that had been answered before since it had been out for nearly ten years, but the method I came up with fixed a broken part for $1.95 instead of $195.

Maybe those headlights from company x that were great five years ago suck now due to slips in quality control. Maybe Monroe has better struts than Tokico now. Perhaps there is a new technology in a certain set of plugs that are better than the NGK standard plugs we are told to use by the stickies. If all we have to go on is old information, then what is the point of trying anything new or different in our cars. Might as well keep them all stock or fit them all with the same old tired mods.

I honestly don't mean to come on here and cause any problems. However, as I said before, I've been part of message boards for a long time regarding various topics. I've run forums, I've been part of staff, I've been a valuable contributing member and I've been a regular newb on the board. Never during all those years have I ever been rude to a member that didn't deserve it. If the info was there, it would be politely pointed out.
Old 03-16-2008 | 07:42 PM
Hammy

Ok you took it way too seriously. So I'm going to go ahead and leave it at that.
Old 03-16-2008 | 08:43 PM

No i think he has a point, this theme is way too old on these boards. Its time to get over it people and get past the fact that new members will come on the boards and ask questions that many have already asked, its just the reality of it and members who have been here for a long time need to get used to this fact.
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:15 PM

1.if u read it and its a newb question leave it alone...if u dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all unless its constructive critcizm
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
rap not wrap... unless they were giving away free taco bell wrap's that i missed recently and who cares what other gen's sections think of the 4th gen section, this is such a stupid comment, what is this a fashion show ?

get over it, these cars are cheap and kids buy them and come here to make simple threads, stop being so constipated man
shut up you canadian
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:28 PM

/thread.
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:34 PM
Hammy

and you are?
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:38 PM

....................making a statement.
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:40 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by KyleFort32
1.if u read it and its a newb question leave it alone...if u dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all unless its constructive critcizm

STFU NOOB!!!!!!!! Nobody asked you
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:42 PM
boost me.....

Not talking "smack". Just simply making an observation. I've been a member of a particular forum for over ten years. Yes, questions get rehashed but fortunately the community tone of the forum weeds out those that have bad attitudes.

The "don't like it, then leave" comment can go both ways. If you've become so jaded after six years on the forum that you have nothing better to do than bash newbies that don't know everything about the cars, then perhaps it's time for you to move on and find a new car to learn about and go to a different forum? I'm not directing this at *you* in particular, but to anyone in general that would make that kind of argument.

95% of the time the links work? When was the last time that you ran a search on all these different issues and went through the stickies and clicked on each and every link? I think that the number is closer to around 50% of the links work the way they're supposed to.

Another thing is that a lot of the times the stickies are directed towards information from 2003-2005... that's great that the information is there. However, I *really* hope that there may be some new development on our cars in the last three to five years or someone may have found an easier or better way to do something than what was the standard half a decade ago.

I.E. on the last automotive forum I was on, I found a way to fix an issue on a car that I owned that no one had ever used before, even though it was a 1999 model. Seems like all the questions on that had been answered before since it had been out for nearly ten years, but the method I came up with fixed a broken part for $1.95 instead of $195.

Maybe those headlights from company x that were great five years ago suck now due to slips in quality control. Maybe Monroe has better struts than Tokico now. Perhaps there is a new technology in a certain set of plugs that are better than the NGK standard plugs we are told to use by the stickies. If all we have to go on is old information, then what is the point of trying anything new or different in our cars. Might as well keep them all stock or fit them all with the same old tired mods.

I honestly don't mean to come on here and cause any problems. However, as I said before, I've been part of message boards for a long time regarding various topics. I've run forums, I've been part of staff, I've been a valuable contributing member and I've been a regular newb on the board. Never during all those years have I ever been rude to a member that didn't deserve it. If the info was there, it would be politely pointed out.

not even going to read that but I'm sure its halirious.
Old 03-16-2008 | 09:51 PM
Hammy

LMAO!^

I'll give you a summary

Blah blah blah i am big shot in some other forum, blah blah blah, you guys are mean blah blah blah links are broken even though i didnt bother to loook if there was a fix for them blah blah did i mention you guys are mean blah blah blah.

think i got it all.

Last edited by Hammy; 03-16-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-17-2008 | 09:41 PM

well you can also get a bad rap... for flipping out too... lol
Old 03-18-2008 | 02:49 PM

lol u guys r flipping out hahaha wat is this myspace? grow up
Old 03-18-2008 | 02:54 PM

hahaha i love all you guys!
Old 03-18-2008 | 07:30 PM

dudes my max is granny gold ahhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-19-2008 | 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

awww...my feelings got hurt when he said our cars are cheap...lol jk, even though they kinda are nowadays.... i like to think my car has more personal value...
Old 03-19-2008 | 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
I just got my red clear tails 97-99 for my max and I want know how should Install them and I have this black sticky clay like thing that came with It,Is It glue If It will I need It and what tools will I need for the job.
so did you get them installed? all this talk and after these day how is it looking