4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

so my car was broken into i think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:36 AM

so my car was broken into i think?

last nite i went to a hookah place for liek 30 mins.... i come back to my car i get in start it and i noticed something is off i dont have my radar detector.... i look at the glass the it has the 3 spots where the sucker was stuck too..... now im like hmm windwos were closed.... locks untouched.... money is still where i left it.... laptop sitll there..... wtf !!? im not to pist i dont use it much so idc.... thank god they didnt take anything else... but i still dont get how they got in my car.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 AM

^^ hey out of curiousity which hooka place did you go to i see that you live in edison
Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 AM

lol... I wonder why u made that vist Fanatik....
Old 04-22-2008, 12:14 PM

thats messed up, i dont get why if someone broke in they would take a radar, and not take the laptop which is worth way more. Was the other stuff hidden (cash/labtop) cause if they were then obviously they just saw the radar and wanted that. Theif isnt gonne sit in ur car searching through it for other things. They get what they want, and get out. Sorry for ur loss tho, my friend had his radar stolen, but they just straight up broke the window to get in, so it was pretty obvious how they got in. I wonder how ur alarm didnt go off when the door was opened.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Horizontally opposed.

I've locked my keys in my car twice now. I'm to the point where I could unlock it with a coat hanger in just a couple minutes. If you wedge the top of the door open with a screw driver, you can slide a coat hanger in and (with the right bend) pull the lock. Maybe they did this and just locked it back when they were done...?

pretty sure my alarm doesn't work though...so IDK about that part of the equation.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:09 PM
oem ftw!

yeah, had they wedged a coat hanger in there, the factory alarm would have been triggered once they unlocked the door (unless his is broken, obviously). maybe he was in such a hurry to get into the "hookah place" that he forgot to lock his doors, and the crook was courteous enough to do it for him?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Have you checked for the radar detector on the floor? Maybe the suction cups came off? Could happen w/ mine since it's wireless and you wouldn't be able to see a wire going to wherever the detector ended up on the floor or w/e.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM

hookah place is located of rt27 and corner of talmadge in edison

i could of sworn i locked my car.. 2 dudes were staring down my car

my rear windows r tinted my laptop was o nteh floor in the back.... i dunno how my alarm didnt went of... tho im starting to expect my friend she cracked open my window when we were drivng htere i wodner if i didnt close it, ocuz when the window is open the doors dont lock... so maybe i juss over looked it...

but still dman ****ers !!
Old 04-22-2008, 04:25 PM

maybe it was ur friend, and i been to that hookah spot a cppl of times. its not that bad. and since u said there was a she in the car, ask her. girl friends and gf of mine hav done stupid **** like that all the time.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wut kinda radar?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:45 PM

Thank god,that the thief did not wreck the car and do damage to it. It's intresting that the thief did not take the money or the laptop,but he took the radar detector and checking in at the hooker place anything can happen.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by MaxFanatik
last nite i went to a hookah place for liek 30 mins.... i come back to my car i get in start it and i noticed something is off i dont have my radar detector.... i look at the glass the it has the 3 spots where the sucker was stuck too..... now im like hmm windwos were closed.... locks untouched.... money is still where i left it.... laptop sitll there..... wtf !!? im not to pist i dont use it much so idc.... thank god they didnt take anything else... but i still dont get how they got in my car.
Dam what KINDA radar was IT!!? Maybe it just fell under ya SEAT or somthing? That tends to happen with mine every now and then?
Old 04-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Horizontally opposed.

Originally Posted by A32_s0kud0b0i
Dam what KINDA radar was IT!!? Maybe it just fell under ya SEAT or somthing? That tends to happen with mine every now and then?
I'm gonna go ahead and say he already looked there...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:27 PM

i actually just teleported in ur car and took it . hahaha but seriously that sucks u prob just left ur car open
Old 04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Shift_3.0

Maybe you never had a radar to begin with. Maybe it was all just a dream, Neo. Maybe...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 PM

okay guys for who think it fell I CHECKED !!!! the wires to the cig lighter r gone tooooo.....
Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 PM

dam dat sucks bad, it gotta be someone jus around. Are u still on the keyless entry?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:12 PM

ALIENS
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM

my guess is your girfriend or wife. Check em out, they are considered ghost codes.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 AM

ocuz when the window is open the doors dont lock... so maybe i juss over looked it...

Huh? My car locks if the windows are open....
Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by modenaf1
Huh? My car locks if the windows are open....
I'm pretty sure my factory alarm arms no matter what the position of the windows.

Did someone else get out of the car with you? When you lock the car with keyless and the doors aren't all shut they won't lock.

Chance the alarm went off while you were in the store and you didn't notice? by the time you got out it reset itself? does it reset itself when will it stop beeping/flashing?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Looks like they took your spell-checker from your laptop too...
Old 04-23-2008, 03:03 PM

If someone stole there are a few possibilities:

You may of thought you locked the door but you didn't.

It could be someone that you know that has the keys to your car, but this is unlikely because generally if someone has the keys to your car they are less likely to steal something like a radar detector out of it.

It could be professional theives. Some thieves are hired by a fence to steal particular items like radar detectors. Sometimes the client is even a pawn shop. If it is worth a lot to you I suggest you check around the local pawn shops. Their one item that they were assigned to take would explain why they left everything else alone. To a professional thief stealing more stuff than what they are hired to steal means leaving a more obvious trail.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 AM

theres 3 possibilities to this whole thing

1. i never locked the car but i always press the button after i get out.

2. she never closed my window, no she didnt take it!

3. theres a funny trick we play on ppl... i dunno if u guys tried it.. when someone gets out their car and u hold ur close button on ur keyless remote when the owner of his car goes to close his it wont do it, the signal gets interrupted u must be clsoe to the other car.... so if sum1 did that to me when i went to close mine my car wouldnt close.... if u dont believe me it works try it out when ur at a starbucks or somwhere and watch ppl pull in and hold ur door close button and point it at thier car.... the newer nissan remotes work much better than ours.

the radar detector i dont recall waht kind of whistler it is.... it was my friends he paid over 300 for it.. he juss didnt use it so i took it.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:42 AM

yea i've been to that hookah spot too thats right across the street from the edison police station/municipal buildings its called sultanas, thats really weird someone would break in your car at that spot, it seems like a good area, but hey you never know

Originally Posted by bdmaxima
maybe it was ur friend, and i been to that hookah spot a cppl of times. its not that bad. and since u said there was a she in the car, ask her. girl friends and gf of mine hav done stupid **** like that all the time.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:49 AM

it cant be possible to break into a maxima withouth the alarm goes of...my father haad 5 of them and all are security paranoid...even one of them had motion sensors....

Gotta be an INSIDE JOB!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by dj6230
it cant be possible to break into a maxima withouth the alarm goes of...my father haad 5 of them and all are security paranoid...even one of them had motion sensors....

Gotta be an INSIDE JOB!
does alarm stop a theif?
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Factory Maxima Alarms dont go off if the window is broken. They only go off if the Door locks Or trunk is tampered with. i believe the Hood as well. but no. u can break a maxima window and if you dont mess with the locks while its armed, u can get in and out.

but whoever did this knew what they wanted and needed and got just that.