4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Limited Slip Differential??

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2001 | 09:30 PM

Limited Slip Differential??

Out of curiousity I was wondering if all 4th gen's come with a
limited slip differential and if not, which years/models come with
it. All I know is that my '99 ES/SE comes with it as a standard
option.
btw, I live in Canada if that makes any difference.

Nathan
Old 11-01-2001 | 10:31 PM
SLOW

I've been wondering this too.

All Infiniti I30t has it, thats what I know.
Old 11-01-2001 | 10:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Nope, you Canadian Maxis are lucky, the rest of the 4th gens dont have it, you can buy a Quaife differential from Cattman for ~1400 i think thats the best we can do
Old 11-02-2001 | 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

what are the details on your car?
Old 11-02-2001 | 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

My guess is that it does, its a 1999 Euro Market Nissan, but I'm not sure, never dealt with the Euro Maximas, only Asian Cefiros which dont come with 5spds most often

and yes i know where Bahrain is I've been to Dubai a couple times.

someone will have a more functional way to see if ur max has LSD

take care, and btw, nice car
Old 11-02-2001 | 01:40 PM

Look at the spec plate in the engine compartment, on the fire wall. The axle code ends with A or X. I believe the X is limited slip. There is a previous post on this.
Old 11-02-2001 | 01:56 PM

Nathan: Not all Maximas sold in Canada come with LSD, only the SE/ES models do. My GLE does not have LSD, but it does have electronic traction control..
Old 11-02-2001 | 06:53 PM

Originally posted by mAdD MAX
but it does have electronic traction control..
which is pretty much usless
Old 11-03-2001 | 11:45 PM

Originally posted by Curt Deiner
Look at the spec plate in the engine compartment, on the fire wall. The axle code ends with A or X. I believe the X is limited slip. There is a previous post on this.
A = non lsd
V = Viscous LSD
Old 11-04-2001 | 12:00 AM

LSD, really isn't worth the hype. I would rather have the lighter car than the LSD, well in the winter it is nice....
BTW... the video's on RoaDBeaSt's site are crazy... the play back must be off... or those maxima's are fueled by rocket propelant and SRB's because they sound like turbine engines and go like 900mph... pretty sweet downloads...
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:29 AM

Originally posted by rOaD bEaSt
Guys I wanna tell you something in these video I was totly stock I was having only custom exhaust and the filter that you saw in my site ..

Then I have done all of these things ..

These cars that you saw I can make them hit the break with out NOS ..

My car is something else now ..

The lexsus raced him for 2.25 mile ..

The supra raced him 1.5 mile ..

Both of them was druffting in me

My race with supra it was raining that's why I wasn't be able to play in the road ..
Do you have race tracks in your country, Roadbeast? When you race on the street, do you have to worry about the police? What penalty do you get if you are caught racing on the streets?
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:33 AM

I would imagine that the fine would be hefty... but unless they use jet planes I don't think they are catching up to them...he he he
I was just impressed by the speed, I didn't know thats at the end of a 2 mile track... even an infiniti could get going fast after 2 miles.
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:38 AM

Originally posted by SLC I30t
I would imagine that the fine would be hefty... but unless they use jet planes I don't think they are catching up to them...he he he
I was just impressed by the speed, I didn't know thats at the end of a 2 mile track... even an infiniti could get going fast after 2 miles.
Hmmm... If you steal, they cut off your hand. If you speed, they cut off your... right foot! Tell me it ain't so!
Old 11-04-2001 | 07:43 AM

they might just poke your eyes out like the 3 stooges so you can't see where you're going
Old 11-04-2001 | 09:10 AM

Originally posted by bullseye

Hmmm... If you steal, they cut off your hand. If you speed, they cut off your... right foot! Tell me it ain't so!
Your thinking about Saudi Arabia...Road Beast lives in Bahrain, different country with different laws...Bahrains actually quite nice place to live..very nice..

costcowholesale: traction control is not useless, especially in the winter. It saved my *** a couple of times..
Old 11-04-2001 | 10:14 AM

Roadbeast, You have the same intake runners as me. Have you ever taken the top cover off and looked inside of it?
Old 11-04-2001 | 10:37 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rOaD bEaSt
Originally posted by NZ Max
Roadbeast, You have the same intake runners as me. Have you ever taken the top cover off and looked inside of it? [/QUOTE
Yeah sure many times I have three intake mani ..

One of them the one came with my orignial engine I mean the one that I got it from agent ..

I have two other engine because I may goboom the engine any time

It's something that increase the air after the 5000 rpm that's why my Maxima is 220 HP I think so ..

And my car has a littel diffrent sound that yours guys my engine sound like a turbo at 3000 rpm but I don't know if I can make you listen to this sound because it's weak I only the one who hear it

And we are diffrent than Saudi Arabia ..

You can do what ever in Bahrain I mean like going to bar or drinking what ever you want ..

But in Saudi Arabia the will kill you we are totly diffrent in everything ..

We wear jenz and t-shirt like yours ..

Many of us knows how to speak English very well ..

Don't think that we ride with camel
I like the intake how it makes the car pull right to the rev limit. I am auto and its especially noticable in second gear, because 1st its too quick to notice that much. I wonder what a normal US intake manifold would be like. My friend has a VE and it runs out at high rpm. This is probably omething the US guys could look at with their intakes. Even though my car is a VQ25DE, The normal intakes re rated at 160hp, but mine is from Japan and rated at 190. Dynoed, it was at140hp at front wheels. A lot of people nderestimate my car here. A lot of people also under estimate Japenese cars here as well/
Old 11-04-2001 | 04:19 PM

jack it up from the center motor brace up front , spin one wheel with it in neutral (I think, might work in gear) and the other should spin in the same direction if you have a limited slip , if it turns in the opposite direction you have a regular (open) diff
Old 11-04-2001 | 05:20 PM

huh?

Whats all this talk about intake runners? What is that?
Old 11-04-2001 | 09:52 PM

Re: huh?

Originally posted by axion
Whats all this talk about intake runners? What is that?
These are what we are talking about.This is roadbeasts intake
As far as I know roadbeast and I are the only ones here with this type of intake. The peice on the top is a chamber type thing with trap doors. These trap doors open and shut by a vacum operated diphram type thing on the end. It opens at about 5000 rpm. this does something to the airflow and gives the car way way more pull in high rpm. For instance at 4900 rpm, the car is pulling, at 5500 the car has a lot more when it should be running out of pull (if you know what I mean) Im not sure if there is something else different that gives us more power (eg something different in the ecu?). I dynoed my vq25de and it was max 141hp at the wheels. I cant get a print out because the dyno was pretty crap and only had an analogue gauge that you had to look at while the car was accelerating. It couldn't tell us the torque
Old 11-05-2001 | 06:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rOaD bEaSt
Originally posted by NZ Max
Roadbeast, You have the same intake runners as me. Have you ever taken the top cover off and looked inside of it? [/QUOTE
Yeah sure many times I have three intake mani ..

One of them the one came with my orignial engine I mean the one that I got it from agent ..

I have two other engine because I may goboom the engine any time

It's something that increase the air after the 5000 rpm that's why my Maxima is 220 HP I think so ..

And my car has a littel diffrent sound that yours guys my engine sound like a turbo at 3000 rpm but I don't know if I can make you listen to this sound because it's weak I only the one who hear it

And we are diffrent than Saudi Arabia ..

You can do what ever in Bahrain I mean like going to bar or drinking what ever you want ..

But in Saudi Arabia the will kill you we are totly diffrent in everything ..

We wear jenz and t-shirt like yours ..

Many of us knows how to speak English very well ..

Don't think that we ride with camel
Roadbeast, your English is good. I was just joking about the traffic laws. I don't think you ride camels, either! Heck, a lot of folks in the United States think that the people here in Tennessee do not wear shoes! (We do.) It is very nice to hear from a fellow Maxima owner on the other side of the planet. I appreciate you. Take care.
Old 11-05-2001 | 10:42 PM

A lot has to do with the intake. The Maxima heads, (US Spec) flow really good from the factory. With a port and valve job on the Maxima heads, you will need to open up the intake.

The shorter the runners on any given intake, the more power you make in the high rpms. The longer the runner, the more low end power you make. Typically, the Infinity Maxima or the Ciefero (spelling?) have a little bit wider, and somewhat shorter runners, and are a different design. This gives them the upper RPM range power.

Imagine sucking a malt shake thru a coffee stirrer. Won't do too well. Thats how a lot of heads, are like in comparison to intake manifolds. The US Spec Manifold is great for what it is, but if you went with a different design, you would see a world of difference.
Old 11-06-2001 | 12:54 AM
SLOW

Sounds like instead of 5th gen manifolds, someone needs to work on getting the intake manifold from Roadbeasts car workin on a US spec car. Anyone?
Old 11-06-2001 | 01:27 AM

Originally posted by bullseye
Heck, a lot of folks in the United States think that the people here in Tennessee do not wear shoes! (We do.)
Since when do Tennessee people wear shoes? I dont believe it.

Just Kidding. I guess everyone has stereotypes depending on where they live though.

SuDZ